Elemis Mini Series, New Guest and the demise of Keeley -at last!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have good skin but elemis whilst using it made me have horrible greasy,sore spotty skin. what i find bad about keely's advice is that when someones skin reacts badly to elemis (and quite a lot do) she will advise them to get 2 or three other things to sort it out which invariable makes your skin worse.

i have friends that this brand agrees with and my mum loves it suits her to. but the essential oils and perfumes used will not suit everyone.

as its a spar range, like clarins and decleor a lot of the ingredients imo are there for the sensory experience,texture and luxurious smells rather than any real benefit to your skin again my opinion.

i never forget a poor customer who was buying shedloads of the stuff and her skin was going wild with it. she was told to buy even more elemis.really it was time for her to stop using this paticular type of skincare so i agree with burly too much hard sell.

As an Elemis user I can take or leave Keeley. Perhaps because I don't actully listen to her when she is on, my super power of turning a deaf ear comes on. I look at the kit being sold and the price and that is it. I remember when the Tri En Wash first came out no one mentioned it does not actually removed makeup or cleanse your face. Then it was sort of dropped into the demo as an after thought by AY. No doubt wanting to sell more products. My thoughts were why do I need another wash after I have used my cleasner? Then thought well the Papaya Mask makes me itch this won't help. I actually preferred the Skin Buff didn't anoy my skin and as long as not heavy handed no problems. Rose does not agree with me, so I stay away from the Bliss Caps which are pushed as a wonder product. The eye mask has rose and when I used it the skin round my eyes felt sore and looked it too. So I avoid it. You know your skin and and the end of the day get to know what you can use and can't no expert should be able to talk you into using what you don't want or need.

Rentochops, I did try the Gatineau Serenite range and just did not like it. The sensitive cleaner and toner made me feel sticky for some reason????

As an Elemis user I can take or leave Keeley. Perhaps because I don't actully listen to her when she is on, my super power of turning a deaf ear comes on. I look at the kit being sold and the price and that is it. I remember when the Tri En Wash first came out no one mentioned it does not actually removed makeup or cleanse your face. Then it was sort of dropped into the demo as an after thought by AY. No doubt wanting to sell more products. My thoughts were why do I need another wash after I have used my cleasner? Then thought well the Papaya Mask makes me itch this won't help. I actually preferred the Skin Buff didn't anoy my skin and as long as not heavy handed no problems. Rose does not agree with me, so I stay away from the Bliss Caps which are pushed as a wonder product. The eye mask has rose and when I used it the skin round my eyes felt sore and looked it too. So I avoid it. You know your skin and and the end of the day get to know what you can use and can't no expert should be able to talk you into using what you don't want or need.

Rentochops, I did try the Gatineau Serenite range and just did not like it. The sensitive cleaner and toner made me feel sticky for some reason????

I just don't listen any more. Keep the sound off & only turn it on if there is something I think I might be interested in. I'm not keen on the Elemis cleanser & toners much prefer Gatineau but these days I'm a great advocate of Judith Williams. I don't like Apha H at all. Got break outs galore all over my chin & forehead which is unusual for me & my skin clearly reacted to it. I gave it to my daughter & the same happened to her as well.

I can take or leave Keeley TBH. I would much rather listen to her than FB who just gets on my pip. Can't bear the woman.

I only tried an Elemis TSV once - last year ithink with the Collagen Marine Cream - I realy like the body products inthe kit but boy did the mostuiser not agree with me. I had nasty red pimples all over my face within 24 hours!! Any one else have this reaction?

I thought Keeley was absolutely embarrasing in the way she was begging/pleading for votes during the voting for the QVC Beauty Awards in July and because of this Elemis won nowt which was a real shame as PCMC is 100 times better than LE Superskin Moisturiser so if she tones the begging down next year it may just win but somehow I doubt she'll do this. She even threw in a dig about PCMC not winning during one show on the day of the last Elemis TSV.

She also comes across as a sore loser as in the awards show she congratulated Andrew Bagley for winning Best Eye Product and all the other winners but she missed out saying congratulations to the big winner Liz Earle , I've noticed she seems to have a big dislike for the company which seems to be the norm for all the other experts and some presenters who's heads are firmly stuck up Keeley's ar*e.

Keeley is incredibly hard sell , In the department Store's not one Elemis salesperson tries to bump your total cost like she does , This may be far-fetched but she is worse than a loan shark getting people to spend beyond their means I bet loads of people (esp the one's on her FB page) have ran into debt because of her uncalled for hard sell. She even told us this week that masks , treatments etc etc can be from a diffrent range but Cleanse , Tone , Moisturise MUST be from the same brand.

Also be honest about what is going on with you , QVC and Cyprus , Are you moving there or not because you seem to be spending a lot of time there? I think she even has a house out there. You can't be in three places at once.

I'm writing this like a direct letter to Keeley as I know she has a spies checking on posts so they don't upset poor Keeley as she seems to have a problem with this forum and it's posters as previous threads have shown.

I might have imagined this too cos i was only half listening but on the show she did with Charlie, did they not say that the melting cleansing gel was not a make up remover? What is it then, a cleanser to remove your cleanser that removes your make up? I have been using it to take off my slap, will my face fall off? I do like or love most of my Elemis collection ('cept the perfume which is vile) but she does tend to waffle on a bit. The girls on the counter in John Lewis are fab with no hard sell. it's funny but I've found that most of the Decleor counter staff in department stores have been nothing less than snotty cows, even worse than Sisley (step away, you can't afford this attitiude).

answer 1: she's putting herself on telly so i'm allowed to comment.
answer 2: its impossible to avoid her spewing her lies every time you switch to QVC.
answer 3: if you like her, tell us why you DONT use the off button.

Answer 1: I didn't say you shouldn't comment, merely pointed out that if you aren't happy watching her then don't watch it! I switch off when there are other presenters on because I can't watch them.
Answer 2: She's not on QVC 24/7.
Answer 3: My reasons for disliking or liking Keeley are exactly that, mine and will stay that way. Nobody else's business really.

I use some of the Elemis products because I choose to buy what I want not what someone tells me I need. No-one, no matter how hard they try to sell something no-one can FORCE you to phone up to order something or go online and order it. I have tried ALOT of moisturisers on my combination skin the last of which was Liz Earle's but have never found one that is suitable, however, PCMC is without a doubt the best one I have ever used. I got a few samples of it to try before I ever spent a penny on it but wouldn't be without it now.

I also use some Elemis products and can also take or leave Keeley. I often switch off listening when the hard sell starts. Last night did irritate me in that she was explaining the use of Bliss capsules and the way your skin will get worse before it gets better because it is 'detoxifying the skin' (I could write a lecture and rant..but I won't!) I don't think having breakouts after using a product is a good thing IMO.

The capsules contain Moringa oil plus an absolute of either rose or lavender. The Moringa oil can be bought (100% pure and organic) very cheaply and to this add your own lavender essential oil or not at all if essential oils disagree with you.
The capsules are very expensive for what they are and their contents (agree that Rose absolute is expensive) I just see them marketed as using something like a 'prescription', eg, a weeks course or for a month and so don't see them as anything special. I have used them but never repurchased.
I also dislike the way products are pushed to be 'layered', I'm a firm believer of keeping skin care simple which can also be effective.

Couldn't help noticing too the push in that the products are on Easy Pay, find it odd Keeley quoting these when I thought it should be the presenter?

:flower:

I thought Keeley was absolutely embarrasing in the way she was begging/pleading for votes during the voting for the QVC Beauty Awards in July and because of this Elemis won nowt which was a real shame as PCMC is 100 times better than LE Superskin Moisturiser so if she tones the begging down next year it may just win but somehow I doubt she'll do this. She even threw in a dig about PCMC not winning during one show on the day of the last Elemis TSV.

She also comes across as a sore loser as in the awards show she congratulated Andrew Bagley for winning Best Eye Product and all the other winners but she missed out saying congratulations to the big winner Liz Earle , I've noticed she seems to have a big dislike for the company which seems to be the norm for all the other experts and some presenters who's heads are firmly stuck up Keeley's ar*e.

Keeley is incredibly hard sell , In the department Store's not one Elemis salesperson tries to bump your total cost like she does , This may be far-fetched but she is worse than a loan shark getting people to spend beyond their means I bet loads of people (esp the one's on her FB page) have ran into debt because of her uncalled for hard sell. She even told us this week that masks , treatments etc etc can be from a diffrent range but Cleanse , Tone , Moisturise MUST be from the same brand.

Also be honest about what is going on with you , QVC and Cyprus , Are you moving there or not because you seem to be spending a lot of time there? I think she even has a house out there. You can't be in three places at once.

I'm writing this like a direct letter to Keeley as I know she has a spies checking on posts so they don't upset poor Keeley as she seems to have a problem with this forum and it's posters as previous threads have shown.

I too find Keeley very hard sell, and although I've tried Elemis and it did nothing for my skin, I wouldn't buy anything that she was flogging. I sometimes check out her facebook page if I want a laugh.

Although I used to use Decleor, again it did nothing for my skin, I do like Fiona and her presentations as she comes across as genuine and not a hard nosed salesperson.

I don't think Keeley's skin looks that great either. Fiona is a much better advert, as although she is much older her skin looks better, She has almost no wrinkling around her decolletage.

I have been using Liz Earle products for three years and I have to say that they have made a difference to my skin and that of all the skincare companies, Liz looks the best so therefore is a good advert for the brand. I hate the way that AY looks down on this brand and you can feel the tension in the air when she is presenting with Liz. It's fairly obvoius that she's not comfortable presenting LE shows, you can tell as she does not fawn over Liz the way she does over Keeley or Andrew from Gatineau.

QVC should get rid of Keeley and make Emer the main Elemis presenter.

Someone from QVC used to post on here, they worked or knew someone who worked behind the scenes. Liz it seems turns up with her own makeup artist, demands a dressing room(the guests share it seems), and has special lighting. It was suggested AY didn't like her because of the diva behavour.
AY gets on much better with the other woman who works in the Liz Earle salon.

Ah those where the days all the inside gossip and dirt on who was nice and who was a total b*tch.:happy:

MsTrouble you are so right. If you get breakouts,reddness etc after using a product STOP! It won't help your skin its hurting it.

I don't think there is any one perfect cream or range of products that suits everyone. Now I've shifted the adult acne my skin is back to being pretty damned good and also bombproof. Nothing makes a massive difference because my skin is good to start with. Nothing causes me problems either. I use PCMC because I prefer it and because I'm prepared to pay the price tag. I also like Decleor, Clarins, Liz Earle, Oil of Olay original not the new anti ageing stuff and pretty much anything else you care to mention. The one QVC brand I'm not that keen is Gatineau but only because the ones I've tried are too rich.

I'm just back from the High Street and have bought a couple if things I wanted from Decleor. The girlie was fab and gave me some free samples. I also went to L'Occitane. I got free samples there too. Must be my lucky day.

When turning off isn't the answer...

I use a couple of Elemis products which suit my skin and I'd be interested to watch Elemis shows if they were more informative but Keeley is a poor ambassador for the company and I rarely watch these days. I haven't sat through a full show for years. Single-handely Keeley is preventing me from buying other items from the range with her ignorant witter. Years ago AY used to recommend Elemis SOS cream for reactive skins, telling callers to pare down their skincare to the bare minimum, it helped boost her credibility in my opinion. Pushing more and more products on gullible buyers is just that: pushy!

I wish those who advocate "turning off" would offer a more constructive solution. OK when there's a thread of Keeley-knockers it's maybe hard to be the lone voice singing her praises, but I'd rather read a thread with lots of views represented.

Jude xx

Did you know that QVC accounts for 50% of all Elemis sales in the UK?? Can't see Keeley giving up the commission on that lot ... lol

Akimbo SOS is good stuff, not for everyone because of the natural ingredients can irritate some. I use it went I have a cold, for some reason I feel my skin goes weird when I have one. If my roseaca goes nuts then its Sensitive Skin Wash, Argan Oil twice a day mixed with the Reddness Relief. Simple and it works wonders. An Elemis sa once told me to put the Herbal Lavender Repair Mask on spots, just dab and leave. Yes it works the reddness goes and they calm down quickly. Never heard Keeley suggest anything like this. It would no doubt be use the Tri En range to deep cleanse and rebalance the skin. I realize Keeley, Andrew and Fiona are there to sell the brands to us and the more we spend the better. But giving customers simple tips on products would go a long way. As for Alison, yes in the old days you got advice simple and plain. Now its non stop who uses this or that product, as if QVC customers are so blinded by the celebs we must want to use what they do.

Used to be the same with Molton Brown and Aveda most of the sales from QVC. Must be more for Gatineau as you don't really see them in stores to buy. Elemis have only recently(past few years started moving into department stores), before it was just salons so hard for people to buy the products. The biggest selling brand on QVC beauty wise is Liz Earle so they really must account for a very large per centage of their sales.

i think that liz earle has a really nice range. its quite affordable and most skintypes seem to get along with it.qvc do some great elemis kits making the brand more affordable.
molton brown were silly to part company with qvc which it seems to me accounted for 95% of thier sales if the empty shops are anything to go by..

Donna, it's the lavender repair mask (on spots), SOS, and sensitive wash that I go back to if my skin flares up! :nod: I also like PCMC and the Rad. Cleanser, eye and nack stuff too but don't use them exclusively as I'm easily tempted to try other brands. Funny though as i couldn't use PCMC when it first launched; maybe I've "matured" since then! :wink:

Lavender seem to work for my skin as the philosophy present and great mystery suit my skin but if someone hates the smell of lavender they're probably not an ideal choice.

J xx

Someone from QVC used to post on here, they worked or knew someone who worked behind the scenes. Liz it seems turns up with her own makeup artist, demands a dressing room(the guests share it seems), and has special lighting. It was suggested AY didn't like her because of the diva behavour.
AY gets on much better with the other woman who works in the Liz Earle salon.

Ah those where the days all the inside gossip and dirt on who was nice and who was a total b*tch.:happy:

I absolutely believe that Donna. I used to work with someone who had a relative that worked for breakfast tv when LE was there. Unfortunately I daren't post it on here because it was third hand so don't know how reliable it was but it was VERY interesting to say the least.

If you don't like the way Keeley does her job, don't watch her, you have an off button on your remote control, use it or change the channel.

The whole point of presentations is to get viewers to watch and purchase,not turn off. Surely therefore, it would be in Q's own interests to take note of views expressed on this Forum and jetison guests who are unpopular in the main, so I agree,turning off isn't the answer

Latest posts

Back