Elemis Pro-radiance cream cleanser/Cleanse & Polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
When I use cleanse & polish I get breakouts (small red bumps). I have recently been using the Elemis cleanser and the same thing has happened. does anyone else have problems with cream cleansers? I wonder if they are not effective if you don't use the mit/muslin cloth? I am oily/breakout prone but don't get these particular spots with other cleansers (Eve Lom, decleor, gatineau)

When I use cleanse & polish I get breakouts (small red bumps). I have recently been using the Elemis cleanser and the same thing has happened. does anyone else have problems with cream cleansers? I wonder if they are not effective if you don't use the mit/muslin cloth? I am oily/breakout prone but don't get these particular spots with other cleansers (Eve Lom, decleor, gatineau)

As much as I love elemis cleanser I do remove my makeup with another brand and cotton wool first, I just don't feel using elem. to remove makeup this way is effective, or any other brand wash cleanser. It could be just psychological but I don't feel it is the right way to remove makeup. I did react slightly to elem. at first, a slight redness, but this calmed down and I am now on my third.

I too got a reaction of small red bumps after using the new Elemis cleanser. It took about 4 days for my skin to go back to normal. They weren't spots, and I don't really get spots,but obviously my skin didn't like it. However, I haven't had a reaction to Liz Earles Cleanse & Polish, thankfully.

There must be an ingredient in both which you are reacting to. Eve Lom is a oil/wax based cleaner and you use a muslin cloth with it so wouldn't think it was the cloth. Not everyone suits something no matter how much other people rave about it. Find what you like and just stick with it.

I use the Elemis and it does take off all makeup even the toughest waterproof mascara in one go. Have used eye makeup removers which leave mascara and eyeliner on(yes Gatineau I mean you), but the Elemis gets rid in one wipe.

Now its a long time since I used C&P, I have mild roseaca and it didn't sit well with it. Started getting outbreaks of the acne like spots, stopped the C&P and they cleared up.

Thanks for your advice. I've gone back to my gatineau cleanser and layered on the Baume Essential and the irritation is clearing up. Baume Essential's healing power never ceases to impress me!

I'm really keen to try to Darphin rosewood cleansing balm which looks similar to Eve Lom (but without the mineral oil) but at £48-54 it's quite an investment without QVC's 30 day money back guarantee. Has anyone tried this?

you just might be allergic or reactive to the perfume or essential oils in these products.alpha-h do a creamy soy based cleanser i think its the balancing one and a wash off non foaming one. my acne/exzema prone daughter uses the range with instantly fab results she is 18 and i am the very wrong side of forty and love this range also!:sun:

Thanks for your advice. I've gone back to my gatineau cleanser and layered on the Baume Essential and the irritation is clearing up. Baume Essential's healing power never ceases to impress me!

I'm really keen to try to Darphin rosewood cleansing balm which looks similar to Eve Lom (but without the mineral oil) but at £48-54 it's quite an investment without QVC's 30 day money back guarantee. Has anyone tried this?

Boots Botanics do a solid natural oil cleanser which I assume would be similar. Not natural, but I've found quite good is Clinique's Take the Day Off balm - you can get trial size pots on eBay for a couple of quid.

If you're near a counter, could you ask for a sample? If they "don't have a pot" ask them to borrow one from the nearest Benefit counter as they always do that in my local John Lewis.

I can vouch for the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm. It's fragrance free which is my preference with skin products generally. I don't even need to use a cloth with it - you just massage it in then add a bit of warm water - it goes milky then wash off. I don't use it every day though. I mostly use Simple cleansing lotion which is actually quite nice and creamy and I remove it with a hot cloth. Cheap as chips and works for me.

I can vouch for the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm. It's fragrance free which is my preference with skin products generally. I don't even need to use a cloth with it - you just massage it in then add a bit of warm water - it goes milky then wash off. I don't use it every day though. I mostly use Simple cleansing lotion which is actually quite nice and creamy and I remove it with a hot cloth. Cheap as chips and works for me.

Simple Products are so underrated. Their eye make up remover (for me anyway) knocks spots off Gatineau Floracil and is only £1.99.

Latest posts

Back