Emu's and Jeggings.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

god i had all those aforementioned items of clothing from the 80's lol even had a rara skirt lol think i could get away with it though as i was a mere child :)

Off topic but I have just laughed out loud at JF on the 10pm Emu show. She has just said" once you put your foot inside an emu, you'll never look back" I guess it would be difficult to turn round ! Stupid woman.

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post Gemma; I would have shorted out my laptop.

heheheeee...yes they did!! the 80's wasn't the dark ages. the 80s was the era of spandex and worn by all the hair bands, bon jovi etc. 80's leggings definitely had lycra in them. i had a pair of leopard skin ones from m&s, thought i was the bees knees. then someone told me i looked like rod stewart and that was it, never wore 'em again :sweat:

in the summer leggings sort of morphed into cycling shorts and they had lycra too. remember them? they were a fright on most people too. :grin:

i also just about remember stirrup pants or 'ski pants' as we called them. they weren't really leggings though. more stretchy trousers with stirrups.

I still have a pair of M and S lace leggings (or footless tights as they were called then) and used to wear them for aerobics with a lycra leotard and lef warmers!!! I also had ski pants that were sort of shapeless, twangy and too wide around the knee. The stirrup was useful though to stop them riding up from inside your boots. They will be coming back soon; mark my words.

I have jeggings which have stirrups on. I got them from M&S last winter they are great in emu boots as they do not ride up the leg. I have looked for more this winter but they don't seem to do them anymore.

Stella McCartney has them (see earlier link)

There was a lady who invented/ developed two elastic bits with crocodile clips at each end. The idea was you clipped these ... thingies to your trousers so they sat under your foot.

Oh Lordy I'd forgotten ski pants!! Wearing ski pants with a "body" and nothing was going anywhere. I bought some stirrup leggings a couple of years ago but they were a bit too short in the leg and not comfy in the least. But if "bodies" come back I'm not bothering. All that fiddling with the poppers. Quite frankly my dear ... bugger that!

Oh Lordy I'd forgotten ski pants!! Wearing ski pants with a "body" and nothing was going anywhere. I bought some stirrup leggings a couple of years ago but they were a bit too short in the leg and not comfy in the least. But if "bodies" come back I'm not bothering. All that fiddling with the poppers. Quite frankly my dear ... bugger that!

especially after a glass or two of vino..........

You see lots of OAP's shuffling around Birchwood shopping centre in Emu boots

Probably because they can get them at the QVC outlet store for less than £30! There were a few in there on Monday trying them on and seeing if their anti-slip Yaxtrax thingies would fit over them! :giggle:

It's put me off them for life!!

Each to their own. I perfer comfort over style any day. Pleased to report that the Winter track thingies fit well over Emu's. Not personally got any leggings but used to love wearing the ski pants with the strap under the foot and if I'd still got some I'd quite happily wear them with my Emu boots.

Latest posts

Back