End of financial year .... ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I haven't watched Gemporia for a while and agree with others there is far too much non-jewellery stuff now .... (no more kaftans or ponchos pleeaase !) Tuned in today and there was Toby and Angelline selling Canadian diamond items for admittedly very low prices ... but they both seemed a bit crazed and desperate! We need to get cash in before the end of the financial year ... a marketing ploy possibly or genuine accounting need ... but it all just sounded desperate ... maybe the end is coming for Gemporia. The offerings are nothing like they were a few years ago as if they are winding down and just have bargain rails left ...

I totally agree. It certainly seems they are winding down, particularly as a jewellery channel. Their website for instance is a pale imitation of what it was just last November when I started watching Gemporia. And looking at their schedule the variety of stones certainly declined. I think the eradication of the Wheels is very telling. I think they are no longer investing in jewellery in the way they used it. It almost seems that what they have are remnants of last year's stock without significant injections of new products

What I have found weird is that suddenly there are ZERO chrome/ russian diopside products on their website. Now admittedly the pickings have not been as good as they were years ago and what they do offer is usually heavily rather than slightly included now. But they still had quite a few items. Now? None. Is this because of Russia's invasion of Ukraine and public outrage or is it because they have sold it off as they are winding down? I checked under "Russian Diopside", "Chrome Diopside" and just plain "diopside" and... nowt.

the focus is definitely shifting to other products - the range of collections and stones has really diminished as has quality. Perhaps they have just decided they will take advantage of the loyal and trusting customer base that bought their jewellery to diversify. Out of curiosity I had a look at their last year's accounts and they practically doubled net profit last year ! Lots of online companies benefited from the pandemic so it may not be sustainable longer term ..

I totally agree. It certainly seems they are winding down, particularly as a jewellery channel. Their website for instance is a pale imitation of what it was just last November when I started watching Gemporia. And looking at their schedule the variety of stones certainly declined. I think the eradication of the Wheels is very telling. I think they are no longer investing in jewellery in the way they used it. It almost seems that what they have are remnants of last year's stock without significant injections of new products
I've caught Jeff and Derek presenting in the early hours recently and they're using wheels. It seems so odd that they're tucking the more watchable presenters away in the overnight slots and actually. .gasp ..showing jewellery, when during daytime and prime time they default to shouty people flogging anything OTHER than jewellery. I don't get it - but then much of SB's business strategies seem pretty ill considered!

Steve is certainly stretching the brand as far as it can possibly go .... surely new customers though must wonder what on earth this company is all about ... where are the gems lol .. ? I've had some nice well priced jewellery in the past but don't buy these days and don't get me started on Dave Troth... where on earth did they find him ...!

Latest posts

Back