Estée Lauder 12 September 2020

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EL will have all the Christmas sets out next month in the stores.
They are usually good value, with several items together in gift boxes,
I don`t buy EL but after Christmas I noticed Boots were selling off a lot of gift sets at good prices with big savings. I daresay the likes of Debenhams, JL, Selfridges do the same.

I've been getting excellent results with EL skincare products purchased from Look Fantastic and haven't bought anything from QVC for months now. It will be interesting to see if they can compete. I'm surprised AY hasn't been able to convince Clarins they should offer their range via Q.

Regarding Clarins, I imagine the conversation would go...

QVC Buyer (age 16 and three-quarters): ”Hello, Clarins, we wondered if you would like to let us sell your products. We would give you half of what any other buyer pays you and you have to despatch to our customers direct so we can make a killing by charging them £5.95 postage.“

Clarins Sales: “What makes you think people would buy Clarins from you?”

QVC Buyer: “Because our Qualified Beauty Expert is Alison Young.... THE Alison Young!”

Clarins Sales: ”Who??”

I got a mini of the Night Repair and it did make my skin feel like silk.

I quite like their skincare, or did when I used to buy, and agree about the Night Repair. I actually also like the Double Wear as I found the perfect shade in it, which I can never quite find in any other foundation range, and I need coverage which it does give me. Because it isn’t really flat matte, I don’t find it cakey. However, it is rather hard to ”spread“. As soon as you put what you think will do most of your face on your cheek, it seems to set. I read a tip to mix it with a drop of Night Repair and it works an absolute treat. We shouldn’t have to, but like you, Donna, I got a mini bottle from somewhere and it was worth a try. Would buy more but it’s ridiculously expensive.

Yes, they own Gucci perfumes and other high end perfume brands Charlotte Tilbury is the first makeup brand they have bought.

I don't like Bronze Goddess they do different versions every year. Its based around the smell of sun cream.
How sickly & sweet is it? Also, what does the PUIG stand for?

A bit of an update to my original post regarding my dislike of the new ANR serum.

I tried another of my sample sachets, I was told at counter that one sachet =one application, she emphasised this.
Well I've now used less than half of one, and it's absolutely fine.
So much for 'expert' advice on counter. I'll be watching the show with interest on Saturday now.

I definitely intend to watch the show to get some hints and tips of how to apply the products but I won't be buying. I'm well stocked at the moment and they can't compete with LF. Perhaps if they get to the point where they have a TSV...

I'm always surprised why they don't have a deal with Clinique given that it's available on QVC US.

Perhaps EL said the US has Clinique but the UK can have us? YSL is also on QVS US too. But I really think QVC US offer the companies better deals so they sell there. I mean Bobbi Brown had numerous TSVs over there and we were told there would never be one on QVC UK. And we never have.

Debenhams are giving a free kit with any 2 EL items one to be either skincare or foundation.
1599837603670.png

AY and Dale are listed as the presenters for this. I would have thought "our resident beauty expert" could have carried the show on her own. Maybe she's providing her authoritative knowledge and expertise via Zoom. :unsure:

She is on alone with the BA at1pm and I’ve got to say she is looking the best I’ve seen her in years. Not 100% sure about the style of the dress but I love the colour.

The condition of hair is a massive improvement and she suits those glasses.

We I see the model patting her face with full hands forehead and chin at the same time it remind me when Mr L is checking me for a temperature! I have a cold and he keeps testing to make sure it isn’t something else!

Oh I missed this. I'll have to watch recent items on air to see Aly's spiel. Quelle surprise she's been using the products for years. :rolleyes: I always wonder what she does about her "must have, desert island" products when the brand leaves QVC. There was a time when she couldn't live without her litre size of Shampure in the shower and her Aveda paddle brush, which she was often found using on set when they returned from the break.

Latest posts

Back