Europe heat wave

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I cannot stand the heat at the best of times, and always pleased when summer is over personally.
I feel so sorry for anyone living in Europe through these awful temperatures. I feel sorry for those on holiday who are not used to such temperatures. Heat is more lijely throughout countries who generally get warmer temps tgan we in the UK but their homes are more catered for but this is just exceptional.

Anyone who doubts global warming I wonder if minds have been changed?

I think the biggest mistake was calling it 'Global Warming' to be honest. If they had starting using Climate Change at the beginning I think people would have taken it much more seriously.
I was chatting to my neighbour at the weekend and I said that I'm so glad I won't be here in 50 years time because I think it's going to get so much worse for everyone.

Some countries in and around the Med are prone to bush fires, as is certain parts of the UK and Ireland. The heatwave is not something anyone is used to even in the warmer parts of the Med, Far East countries are used to it, but some of them such as Dubai have hardly any scrub land but very high temperatures.
I don't think any of this is to do with Climate Change or Global Warming, I think it is just one of those things that hit various places every once in a while, mainly to do with less rainfall than normal.
What I don't understand is why on earth anyone would leave countries to go to Rhodes etc when they see the same pictures on the news as I do.
I have no sympathy for them, I also noticed a couple being interviewed who were on Rhodes with their five very young children, good on them for having the money to do that, or perhaps too much child payments from the government. I have never been in favour of people being paid when they have children, if you can't afford them why should I who don't have them pay for them.

I wouldn’t go on holiday to a hot country if you paid me a million pounds.

The current weather and temperatures in the U.K. at the moment suit me just fine, even when it’s raining.

I wouldn’t go on holiday to a hot country if you paid me a million pounds.

The current weather and temperatures in the U.K. at the moment suit me just fine, even when it’s raining.
Yes, it's miserable in hot countries during the summer, but some are worse than others. I hate the heat, but I'd go for one million pounds

Yes, it's miserable in hot countries during the summer, but some are worse than others. I hate the heat, but I'd go for one million pounds

I still wouldn’t go abroad to a hot country even if it meant I missed out on a million pounds. I much prefer the cold. Mind you, I can’t go on holiday to a cold country either because my passport ran out in 2014 and I haven’t renewed it. So I’ll happily stay in good old Blighty.

Some countries in and around the Med are prone to bush fires, as is certain parts of the UK and Ireland. The heatwave is not something anyone is used to even in the warmer parts of the Med, Far East countries are used to it, but some of them such as Dubai have hardly any scrub land but very high temperatures.
I don't think any of this is to do with Climate Change or Global Warming, I think it is just one of those things that hit various places every once in a while, mainly to do with less rainfall than normal.
What I don't understand is why on earth anyone would leave countries to go to Rhodes etc when they see the same pictures on the news as I do.
I have no sympathy for them, I also noticed a couple being interviewed who were on Rhodes with their five very young children, good on them for having the money to do that, or perhaps too much child payments from the government. I have never been in favour of people being paid when they have children, if you can't afford them why should I who don't have them pay for them.
I've seen pictures of idiots sat on sun loungers in what can only be described as smog.
We usually go in October but not sure how this years cruise will pan out.

I still wouldn’t go abroad to a hot country even if it meant I missed out on a million pounds. I much prefer the cold. Mind you, I can’t go on holiday to a cold country either because my passport ran out in 2014 and I haven’t renewed it. So I’ll happily stay in good old Blighty.
You spoke my words, I didn’t renew mine either. Stay at home for me

Latest posts

Back