Exchanges rather than returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
What's the best way to get an exchange?
My OH has kindly bought me a silver ring I was lusting after but it's turned up &, although I love the design, the agate stone is badly scratched which he's not satisfied about. It's also a bit tight even though I ordered my usual size but, being a big ring, looks a bit odd if I wore it on a different, smaller finger.

Do they actually read the slip you fill in if you tick the exchange box? Or just automatically treat it as a return? If it becomes a pfaff involving re ordering( he has a separate account) he might just give up & I won't get my ring :sad:

What's the best way do you think, have you successfully exchanged something?

What's the best way to get an exchange?
My OH has kindly bought me a silver ring I was lusting after but it's turned up &, although I love the design, the agate stone is badly scratched which he's not satisfied about. It's also a bit tight even though I ordered my usual size but, being a big ring, looks a bit odd if I wore it on a different, smaller finger.

Do they actually read the slip you fill in if you tick the exchange box? Or just automatically treat it as a return? If it becomes a pfaff involving re ordering( he has a separate account) he might just give up & I won't get my ring :sad:

What's the best way do you think, have you successfully exchanged something?

I suggest you phone customer services and get them to note on your account the item you'll be returning and the item you want to exchange it for, as in my experience marking the slip for exchange seems to get ignored.

It's a bit hit and miss. I have had the slip ignored and money refunded and have also received my replacement in a new size or colour. Customer services can reserve your item pending the goods back. I agree you should call them.

Very disappointing when something arrives and it's not right. If it's scratched, tell customer services it's been received damaged. It's possible you've been sent another customer's return. This has happened to me in the past with a silver ring that was covered in scratches and dirty.

If I ask for a refund, that is what I get. If I stipulate an exchange, same thing. Never had a problem, yet.

Thanks everyone.
I'll have to get his nibs to ring CS I suppose since he's the one who ordered it on his account.

I would personally send it back and get a free slip as its really "faulty" in a way and then just order a new one.I've always found everything just gets returned and exchanges fall by the wayside.

Latest posts

Back