Face cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
My OH couldn't get her usual night face cream so she bought Cien from Lidl for about £3-50.

Her usual one is about £15, but I don't know how this compares with QVC prices.

Anyway, the cream is called 1% GOLD, CLEARLY IMPLYING THAT IT CONTAINS 1% gold.

Although I've not worked it out, I think this would cost far more than the cream itself cost.

So I've rung Lidl CS to find out if it contains 1% gold and am waiting for them to get back to me.

If not, it is misleading. If it was just called GOLD face cream I would not expect it to contain any gold, just like Cadbury gold chocolates don't actually contain gold.

But calling it 1% gold really does imply that it contains gold

What do you think?

IMG_4078.jpg

Here is a photo, you can see how they are emphasising the 1% gold.

As always, click to enlarge.

I wonder whether it contains alpha hydroxy acid or Retinol - in a 1% strength. In the Prai range on QVC the "gold" range has retinol but no gold. As the Cien box says "regenerates" and "cell reproduction" which would correspond with these types of ingredients. There are real gold treatments available - I'm sceptical that applying gold leaf to the face would make any difference. I agree the "1% gold" suggests a gold content; it'll be interesting to hear Lidl's response.

Gold costs more than £30 per gram, so let's say £30.

The cream is about 50 gram.

So 1% of the cream would be 0.5 gram.

So 1% gold would cost £15.

But the jar only cost about £3.50.

Therefore the label is very misleading, especially to a mere male (who has a logical mind).

I agree, it does sound misleading, be interested in their answer.
That said, both Aldi & Lidl creams get very good reviews, much better than their price would lead you to expect & have compared well with far pricier creams in tests.

It might be gold plate lol! Seriously though you've worked out that it should cost at least £15 if it did indeed contain gold - but Lidl and Aldi do sell decent stuff at ridiculously cheap prices so this isn't that suprising. I had a look on the net and I saw a girl doing a demo on youtube and she read out the ingrdients and it said Gold!

There are scores of ingredient, but I can't see gold there (or its Latin name)

But one side of the box says it contains colloidal gold, whatever that is.

Latest posts

Back