Facelite TSV 07/07/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daft CHuntley just said that if we are worried about this gadget from a health point of view, we should discuss it with our GP.

I’m sure the surgery receptionist would be very understanding when you ask for an appointment.

"
aft CHuntley just said that if we are worried about this gadget from a health point of view, we should discuss it with our GP.

I’m sure the surgery receptionist would be very understanding when you ask for an appointment. "...........

Always assuming you could get an appointment !!! At my surgery you need to jump through several hoops and an obstacle course just to get a telephone conversation with the GP - and when you do its "how big is the swelling, the size of a 10p coin or the size of a saucer ?/ does it hurt when you press it gently or with gusto ? / how far has the redness spread ? / whereabouts on the foot is it ? / can you send me a photo ?

Honest to God, the system is broken, BUT I can go to the surgery for a blood test by the nurse - we both wear masks and the job is done - so why cant GPs operate in the same way for their megabucks. Sorry, I've gone off piste, rant over.

Brissles I wholeheartedly agree with you. Mr L is in agony with his leg and it was a phone call with an unknown GP who prescribed unbranded cream and painkillers.

i normally get a repeat prescription for my BP but was refused as I needed to have BP checked (tick box excerise) as I had it taken at hospital last month but no joined up system. I had to go to surgery yesterday. No reception people , sign said to wash your hands before being seen but it was a days work to find a wash basin and I touched far far more things going and returning to seat than when I just arrived. It like the ****** Mary Celeste but I notice they haven’t taken the opportunity to tart the place up which is a disgrace considering it was a start of the art building not so long ago. Of course coffee shop franchises (now closed) take up a large proportion of the available space but hey ho it’s only a medical facility and why give space to treatment rooms when they can sell you coffee and sticky buns (obesity- what obesity).
I work in finance and know what GP earn and how they live a very very high end lIfe never having money to pay important bills and always taking out loans.

I’m quite lucky we have a small GP surgery around the corner from were we live, it’s literally seconds away, if I fell out of bed I’d be at their front door it’s that close, and they’re really good, you can get an appointment if you’re there at 8am or ring at 8am and they’ll book you in, my asthma nurse is amazing so definitely lucky, having said that, if I took an appointment away from someone who desperately needs it for themselves, or a child, to ask my GPs advice about an over priced piece of plastic that looks like something the guy from Halloween wears after a bus had run over it, when my GP finally stopped laughing at the mask, I’d be frog marched out the place, too embarrassed to ever show my face again. 😱

You are REALLY lucky shoppy, I have a car drive (probably like most people) to get to my surgery, and its a lottery to get get an appointment via phone or lining up to queue. Its going to be even worse now because I lived in a large village, which is on the verge of becoming a small town with all the housing developments currently being constructed around the edges, so with no extra medics its more bodies wanting to register with the one surgery. Despair doesn't begin to cover what our little population feels. We're told there isn't much money about, but funny how these 3 and 4 bed 'exec' houses always get occupied !!!!

You are REALLY lucky shoppy, I have a car drive (probably like most people) to get to my surgery, and its a lottery to get get an appointment via phone or lining up to queue. Its going to be even worse now because I lived in a large village, which is on the verge of becoming a small town with all the housing developments currently being constructed around the edges, so with no extra medics its more bodies wanting to register with the one surgery. Despair doesn't begin to cover what our little population feels. We're told there isn't much money about, but funny how these 3 and 4 bed 'exec' houses always get occupied !!!!

I can imagine how awful that is b, seems to be the norm in most places doesn’t it that it’s a lottery if you get an appointment, our GP is doing telephone consultations and if he thinks you’re bad he tells you to come in. I’m in a town but can imagine the hardship city’s are going through, and like you say more people moving into an area should be accommodated for and that more GPs and dentists. I hope you’re ok luv, be careful out there ❤ X

Can’t really comment on Zelda from Terrahawks mask.

But regarding GP Surgerys, my practise has 2 practises, so has turned one into Shielding and Video Calls, and the other for face to face, and are gonna stick to it.

We have exactly the same situation here in the Essex commuter belt. Small plots of green fields earmarked for housing, then 6 months later a bit more land is bought up - another few houses. Within 18 months the planning application has gone from 250 houses to 1000. No mention of new gp and dental surgeries, schools, buses, and all the rest that goes with 1000 new homes.

We have exactly the same situation here in the Essex commuter belt. Small plots of green fields earmarked for housing, then 6 months later a bit more land is bought up - another few houses. Within 18 months the planning application has gone from 250 houses to 1000. No mention of new gp and dental surgeries, schools, buses, and all the rest that goes with 1000 new homes.
....And 5 are 'affordable' . Developers shitting all over our Green & pleasant. It'll be like Hong Kong soon.

Where I used to live developers were told they had to build "affordable" houses in the regeneration area for local people to buy. So, they built the so called affordable houses which were unaffordable to local people (being around £100K plus) so they were all bought by private landlords who then rented them out to people in the area (many of whom are unemployed so the council pays their rent) for £800 a month. Brilliant idea to get local folk on the housing ladder, not.

CC

The really affordable housing stock would be social housing not affordable or the part rent part buy schemes that no ordinary worker can pay for

Well I watched this presentation, and although I am comfortably off, I fail to understand what their target audience is particularly during these times when people are losing jobs. I am also not a fan of anything Rio does. The price of this thing is just ridiculous. I care very much what my face looks like, but no way on earth would I throw that kind of money at this. Also, has everyone noticed just how many items they now show on easy pay. QVC must be doing this simply because they know there are problems for people. Then they go and air this stupid and highly priced monstrosity on us?

Latest posts

Back