Hotel Chocolat & Mouse House TSV 07/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a hotel chocolate milk advent calendar about 5 years ago. It was awful, i couldn’t eat it it was so bitter. I emailed hotel chocolate to say i thought they had put dark chocolates in by mistake and they said they had changed their milk chocolate calendar to a higher % of coco or something. I then looked at the reviews and everyone was complaining how awful it was. Never tried the advent calendar since

When Mouse House says 200 gr of cheese, do they include the weight of the wax cover surrounding the cheese?
No, the weight of the wax on cheese is not allowed to be considered as part of the net weight of the product.

I haven’t watched the presentations but I hope that the girl with long hair, who tempers the chocolate or demonstrates making the chocolates, wears a hair net if she’s on air. One of the reviewers said that when she bit into a lemon meringue chocolate, when she bought them last year, and found a long blonde hair in it. 🤢

As the girl who has appeared on air has dark hair, I‘m wondering whether any of them wear hair nets in the factory. 🤔

If I liked Hotel Chocolat, the prospect of finding a long hair in a chocolate would definitely put me off.

Me too! It’s hard to get it down, isn’t it? Mine was 6.5 a couple of weeks ago. Everything that’s nice to eat seems to be full of fat!
My LDL was 8.3 many years ago and due to parents still being alive and no high BP or problems , I was a vegan at the time as well. Nothing was done.
I had to go in June /July to get the practice nurse to monitor the cut on my leg and I asked about a cholesterol check and a diabetes check as my sister has diabetes.
I had to see the doctor re my cholesterol and she said LDL was 8.1. They do a score out of 20 and I was 19 and was informed the Government say anyone over 10 should be on statins and there was talk about it being lowered to 5!
I had a blood test at the end of October and GP delighted lipids have significantly dropped.
I did feel a bit weird in the first few days but ok now.

Me too! It’s hard to get it down, isn’t it? Mine was 6.5 a couple of weeks ago. Everything that’s nice to eat seems to be full of fat!
Oh my goodness yes … mine is 6.1 and new doc saw my records and was shocked I hadn’t had a test since 2019 … I didn’t realise I needed one and she said it’s the same as it was that year … I wish I didn’t like choc so much .. statins I think for me next month .. hope yours comes down soon too ! 👍

My LDL was 8.3 many years ago and due to parents still being alive and no high BP or problems , I was a vegan at the time as well. Nothing was done.
I had to go in June /July to get the practice nurse to monitor the cut on my leg and I asked about a cholesterol check and a diabetes check as my sister has diabetes.
I had to see the doctor re my cholesterol and she said LDL was 8.1. They do a score out of 20 and I was 19 and was informed the Government say anyone over 10 should be on statins and there was talk about it being lowered to 5!
I had a blood test at the end of October and GP delighted lipids have significantly dropped.
I did feel a bit weird in the first few days but ok now.
That’s great !
I’m defo going to go for them … hubbys on them and so far he’s fine 👍

Strokes run in my family through my grandfather on my mother's side of the family. My mum died at 60, her younger sister at 62 and the younger brother was only 40. My grandfather had a stroke in his 40s way back and down one side and unable to walk on his own or use his left arm. Granny had to do everything for him in a small kitchen house with his bed in the living room. The second stroke in his 60s killed him.

So I was put on statins which went for my liver, it took two years for my liver to go back to normal. So without the statins my cholesterol went up, so found one which seemed to work now they have had to move me to another one. The chemist said these are the latest tablets and very expensive. But I have to go get blood tests every 3 months to check my liver function.

As for chocolate, I can only eat a tiny amount like 2 or 3 Roses not even a small bar of Dairy Milk as I get screaming upset stomach. I can eat Jelly Beans and will say the Co.op's own brand are fantastic.

I just don't eat chocolate because I'm also allergic to so many medications, including statins and blood thinners.

Bought two boxes for about 50 quid three or so years ago on some TSV promotion they had. Lots of individual bagged up chocolates within. The vast majority being the 'sickly' caramel, coffee, creamy types. 'Sickly' being the non-fruit flavours. My wife was already ill and had little appetite for them, but hoped she would have. In the end, I was left with three quarters of what I'd bought, going white looking, still in their bags and ultimately binned. Obviously good quality chocolates, but for me, I'd rather go into a shop, pay more, and choose a selection of flavours I would be keen to eat, rather than an imposed choice that ultimately just sits there. Ironically, I get more pleasure and more of a real treat feeling from the occasional £2 large bar of Galaxy, scoffed down in the car after a Tesco (other supermarkets are available) shop..

Latest posts

Back