Favourite Yankee Candle Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Yankee candle have a pretty disappointing Tsv this weekend, and we know that Qvc have a Minion on here , so what's everyone's favourite Yankee candle fragrance and what would you like to see from Yankee Candle on Qvc.

My favourite Fragrances are Blue Hydrangea, Black cherry, Sunflower, Garden hideaway, Country Lemonade and splash of rain, ( sadly most are either rare or USA only)

Id like to see more tart sets on Q without having a burner with them, Bumper sets of 20/30, the price would have to work out at around a pound per tart( including p&p).

I used to love the large candles however last year when I noticed all the soot on the ceiling and walls its really put me off. The shades to help massively in stopping this and putting the lid on to extinguish the candle is also a good way of stopping the soot spreading but having bought an electric tart burner I find it a much better way of getting the fragrance with out having to redecorate.

My all time favourites are Evening Air (sadly now burning the last one) and Christmas Eve. Also I like a bit of cinnamon like Macintosh Spice.

I like to burn the large candles but boost the scent with a tart and a tealight. I like the Q seasonal packs of candles and tarts, good value, but when I need some matching tarts and tealights I go to Yankee Doodle or Yankee Direct. They are great for shades too and their postage is cheaper.

Last edited:
My all time favourites are Evening Air (sadly now burning the last one) and Christmas Eve. Also I like a bit of cinnamon like Macintosh Spice.

I like to burn the large candles but boost the scent with a tart and a tealight. I like the Q seasonal packs of candles and tarts, good value, but when I need some matching tarts and tealights I go to Yankee Doodle or Yankee Direct. They are great for shades too and their postage is cheaper.

I got a lovely Blue Hydrangea set from Yankee doodle last year , it had a large and medium jar candle , and 3 votives and holders all for around £25. I still have the 3 votives, I cant bare to burn them...............yet:Sad:

Coconut Bay is my all time favourite, which you can't get over here anymore. Sob. I also love Home Sweet Home, Clean Cotton and Sunwashed Linen.
I really hate the strongly flowery ones like Lilac Blossom or Fresh Cut Roses with a passion, they're so strong they about knock my head off.

Coconut Bay is my all time favourite, which you can't get over here anymore. Sob. I also love Home Sweet Home, Clean Cotton and Sunwashed Linen.
I really hate the strongly flowery ones like Lilac Blossom or Fresh Cut Roses with a passion, they're so strong they about knock my head off.

I burnt a lilac blossoms tart the other day which I got in a selection. It knocked me for six!! Likewise lemon lavender, but I can handle the rose ones.

I got a lovely Blue Hydrangea set from Yankee doodle last year , it had a large and medium jar candle , and 3 votives and holders all for around £25. I still have the 3 votives, I cant bare to burn them...............yet:Sad:

I have the opposite problem! I bought loads when the old Yankee Doodle was selling off their stock, but unfortunately did not cut down on my Q auto-deliveries. I also cannot resist an artisan bargain hunter so it is a bit crowded here on the candle front! (Not to mention the accessories, tarts and tealights front!!)

I love the now retired Lavender Vanilla and Mistletoe and Fig. My favourites are definitely the autumn /winter type fragrances like Mackintosh Spice and the new Vanilla Chai. I adore just about every Christmas fragrance apart from a hideous pine and apple one they did last year, it was so strong and over powering.I too would like a TSV of tarts without the burner as I find them great for a quick blast of fragrance as I don't always have time to sit about for the large jars to burn across.

thatian tiare flower but they do comfort blanket and that's quite nice as well. also love sheer gardenia. the most up to date one I like is red velvet. I am not into the foody ones but I enjoy burning this

thatian tiare flower but they do comfort blanket and that's quite nice as well. also love sheer gardenia. the most up to date one I like is red velvet. I am not into the foody ones but I enjoy burning this

OOh yes Red Velvet is gorgeous and I really didn't think I would like it. I also adore White Gardenia, it reminds me of the Elemis Monoi oil which I really like. I could honestly go on listing for ever.....

I'm a fresh or vanilla foodie girl. All the florals give me headaches.

Faves are
- Pink sands
- Clean cotton
- Black coconut
- Christmas cupcake

Still mourning the loss of the retired vanilla satin.

I love my Yankee Candles so much that I have "categories" for my favourites. My Christmas favourite is a tie between Christmas Eve and Christmas Rose. I have repurchased both again this year because my home smelt so lovely burning them last Christmas. Mine were from Brand Alley and Yankee Direct though I got very good prices.

In the summer I love True Rose.

All year round I love Vanilla Lime. As a consequence if pushed this would be my all time favourite.

I also love the 2 electric tart burners I have in my home, and the mixology votive holder for the votives. I have a drawer in a side table holding all the tarts and votives I want to try. Sometimes it leads to me buying the fragrance in a candle if I like it they are a great way of trying them out. At the moment I am liking sandalwood vanilla, beach wood, beach walk. The ones I dont like that much actually smell great when blended with another scent or two (chamomile tea and baby powder are not that nice on their own but baby powder softens harsh florals like fresh cut roses and midnight jasmine. Chamomile tea softens harsher spicier ones like spiced orange)

I may go for the TSV but probably not. I really want a few salted caramel votives to try and also would like to try November Rain.

I always love the Yankee Candle threads and this one is asking quite specifically what our favourites are. I love reading the posts about what others like.

Weathergirl - that's an interesting idea about burning baby powder or similar with harsh florals, I have a few floral tarts from a TSV earlier in the year and I don't want to waste them, but as I said above - florals aren't my cup of tea and can give me headaches, so I may try that :)

Latest posts

Back