Food poisoning time

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Belle

Registered Shopper
Watching the kitchen presentation with Simon-the-boy-in-blue demo'ing pans, etc. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's pretty disgusting that the presenter advocates "washing up " the pans by just wiping out with a piece of kitchen roll? What about flavour transference and the possibilities of breeding bugs?

Watching the kitchen presentation with Simon-the-boy-in-blue demo'ing pans, etc. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's pretty disgusting that the presenter advocates "washing up " the pans by just wiping out with a piece of kitchen roll? What about flavour transference and the possibilities of breeding bugs?

Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. Just give last night's vindaloo a quick wipe out with kitchen towel and then microwave your porridge. Lovely.

Have you had the ones they have been selling for sometime now?

I have (got them last week from Birchwood for £6 - they were new I hasten to add, not a used return :puke:) they're ok as the handles make it easier to get things out of the microwave without burning yourself, but Themroc's right, the lids do fly off quite a bit.

HILARIOUS - right on cue they're just had them on and the microwave made an enormous ****** bang when the lid blew off one!!
Comedy gold.

HILARIOUS - right on cue they're just had them on and the microwave made an enormous ****** bang when the lid blew off one!!
Comedy gold.

Fantastic I've been on the phone with the sound turned down but the v box will replay it.
I would have been tempted as just got a new microwave but already picked up a cheap set from Betterware, that have done the trick so far.

:clapping:

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

QVC must hate Sky/V boxes as nothing escapes being seen :tongue:

Simon said things you can't normally do in a microwave and on cue with the telly sound turned up was the sound of an exploration.
Oh dear my snoozing Lab nearly fell off the chair that will be pebble dashing the microwave walls then.
Poor Kathy she ducked, nearly jumped a mile, choked on her flap jack and from what she's said I hope she's been using that pelvic machine.
Oh and Simon says it's the turntable Kathy as the microwaves are moved into the studio.
So that will be why the green bowl could clearly be seen sat inside the larger red bowl then.
Now in the next hour Miceal's saying there's long queues on the phone from the TSV presentation from the last hour, hopefully if any sense order cancelling being done.:cheeky:

:clapping:

I bought some a while ago and also found the lids popped up, especially if they were in the microwave for longer than a couple of minutes. I also found they stained, when I was microwaving a curry concoction, and when I did some fish in one of them, for speed, the base of the bowl became 'pitted.' The ones I got were probably the 'old' design but they went in the bin because I never felt they were clean with orange rings round them and 'pit' marks.

I got some similar ones from another place and they seem ok at the moment, but only time will tell.

I bought some a while ago and also found the lids popped up, especially if they were in the microwave for longer than a couple of minutes. I also found they stained, when I was microwaving a curry concoction, and when I did some fish in one of them, for speed, the base of the bowl became 'pitted.' The ones I got were probably the 'old' design but they went in the bin because I never felt they were clean with orange rings round them and 'pit' marks.

I got some similar ones from another place and they seem ok at the moment, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the review, I take it you'll not be going for the TSV.

:giggle:

You can't beat Pyrex. I've been using 2 bowls with lids in microwave for year and they're marvellous, I'll never part with them (fingers crossed I don't drop them having given them this glowing recommendation).

I went for the multie set..have the other set (£7 Studio catalog) brilliant things :happy: ...haven't had the lid popping problem yet, but always make sure the dial is in the correct position, think these ones have a better dial than the cheaper ones...but I love them, use them almost every day.

dayderamer

Latest posts

Back