Free P and P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lottie

Silly Moo
I see they have free shipping and handling all over the US QVC site.
How come we don't have it?

I just had a look at some last clicks and there were 4 things I'd have loved, but I object to paying so much P and P so I have cancelled my basket.

*sob*

I see they have free shipping and handling all over the US QVC site.
How come we don't have it?

I just had a look at some last clicks and there were 4 things I'd have loved, but I object to paying so much P and P so I have cancelled my basket.

*sob*

Because us daft sods have been more than happy to pay P&P on every item bought from QVC, even though most places either offer free delivery or combined shipping on multiple goods bought in one order.

not bought anything from Q since Nov 11, yup I know that is not a long time but the p and p is hacking me off so much that I just can't stump up for it anymore. I too had been browsing "last clicks" and there are a few things on there that I like the look of but the p and p is outrageous and I am sick of being ripped off. I am going into my second year of a pay freeze, my council tax is going up,(they are not freezing it where I live) gas and elec is horrifying, my travel pass costs have increased and I really am having to literally* watch the pennies. So I don't have £2.95 minimum per item to spare any more. Oh I am in bad mood this morning! off for a coffee now to boost my mood!

* In AY stylee!!!

Well I hope they are reading this, because it's not on. If the US can be offered free P and P (or a one-off charge per order at least then we should get it too. QVC have become far too complacent. Many a time I haven't ordered in the past because it would cost too much to order with the PandP or because you have to pay each time for more than one thing. £15+ P and P for 4 items is daylight robbery! :angry:

Wake up QVCUK and stop making us subsidise the US again! :dull::wonder: grrrrrrrr

I buy mostly jewellery from QVC and have only been shopping with them for 2+ years. The P&P at that time was mostly £2.95 per jewellery item with some even @ £2.45. Then £3.45 started becoming the norm. Now I notice that £3.95 has been creeping in for average priced/average sized items. I saw something in Last Clicks that I considered getting as the price was good but the P&P is £3.95 which sort of cancels the bargain. If £3.45 isn't bad enough then £3.95 is, despite being 5p short, it is still £4.00 per item which is a sizeable amount.

I appreciate that some of the P&P covers the 30 MBG but £4 per item has stopped me cold. Plus the fact that I have more than enough of a "collection" now and don't need to spend anymore on that. Have a good stash of Yankee Candle and don't need anymore of that, at least not in boxes of 2-3-4 jars. Luckily I wasn't seduced by the beauty too strongly, do have a bit of Alpha-H (luckily just enough) so will stick to High Street brands for that. At least with those I have to make the effort to get to town whereas ordering via TV or even online is much too easy to do damage to my credit card.

Times are tough and rather than buying more stuff I don't need, I need to save for a new kitchen or donate to charities whose work I want to help support, even if the donation is only the equivalent of the price of a LR friendship bracelet. At least I don't lose sleep over helping out a charity, I do when I know I am being irresponsible by buying way too much stuff I don't really need. Too many purchases like that keep me awake at night.

Oh yes high P&P charges do too ...

I think we are all totally hacked off with the P&P charges, aren't we?
Talking about just jewellery, it's amazing how much of that has crept up to even £4.99 for a necklace or a bracelet...total rip off.
But let's face it, they are not going to do anything to reduce it as long as most customers keep buying are they?
There would need to be a really concerted effort by a majority of us in protest before they even considered it.

But let's face it, they are not going to do anything to reduce it as long as most customers keep buying are they?
There would need to be a really concerted effort by a majority of us in protest before they even considered it.

It's simple - the only thing that will work is not paying it. As long as people are prepared to pay for it, they'll charge for it.

yep - us Brits are silly for paying the "rip-off fee" AKA P&P, they wouldn't dare rip off the Americans
I get really cheesed off when they go on about how much cheaper QVC prices are, they never include the P&P when they are talking the hard sell, yet when you add it in they really aren't cheaper in most cases. Where they get us is the way they add in the little extra Trial sizes and so on.
You price check on the web for a single item and see the price is cheaper or even the same, then go back to QVC and see that they have added in a travel size of something or do a BOGOF so you cant really compare like for like.
We often think we are getting better value because of the extra thing they have add - thats where they get us.
I'm not falling for it anymore. The last time I bought anything was when I replaced my ice thingies for my shoes - 2 pairs in a pack, last time I looked I only had 2 ****** feet, I can't even give the other pair to Hubby cause he has much bigger feet.

Mind you when they do have free P&P its on things that they aren't going to sell many of and sometimes the items amaze me
I have my eyes on this -
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.500522.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

I read the QVC community board on the US site and trust me they whine big time about the shipping and handling charges as much as we do. They moan if no free p&p.

As 123purplerabbit says as long as people continue buying then nothing will change. A few hundred people moaning compared to thousands who happly just pay and shop with QVC won't even register with them.

What gets me is if they can offer free P and P over there, they ought to be able to do it over here. You can float the whole of the UK on the Great Lakes....so logistics must be far more expensive over there if you've got to ship stuff from one side of the US to the other. So why not free P and P for us then QVC???

Mind you when they do have free P&P its on things that they aren't going to sell many of and sometimes the items amaze me
I have my eyes on this -
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.500522.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

It is almost £800 and they have removed the video presentation so who would pay that much without knowing more about it?

They constantly remove videos eg most of Last Clicks don't have one. They need to invest in larger video storage if they want to sell things, even on Last Clicks I've decided not to buy things because they have removed the video.

Last edited:
Over here they remove the video clips because the price has changed once the item ends up in Last Clicks; however in the US they get around this by adding ths caption "pricing offers, exclusivity claims, and promotional offer may have expired" or words to that effect. Maybe the rules are more rigid in the UK?

Jude xx

Even if they did offer free P&P they'd just bump up the price of the product.

Dont Bose offer free P&P? But their stuff is overpriced anyway.

No way out I'm afraid. Sigh!

I know QVC aren't allowed to make a profit from P&P but they'll charge you a fortune on a small bracelet to cover what they would lose on shipping something like that awful jukebox. Even IW manage to be able to cap their charges, so why not QVC? I recently bought a couple of small items in different colours, so I was charged full P&P on both and they arrived together in the same packet. Blatant rip-off IMO.

I do also wonder how they do their price comparison. For example, we all know that we can buy most of QVCs range of beauty products from places like ebay shops at up to half the QVC price. I recently bought Decleor Iris Serum for £31, inclusive of P&P from a beauty outlet there. It arrived next day, beautifully boxed and packaged. The equivalent from QVC would have cost just a smidge over £58. They might have included a couple of small tubes of something else but that doesn't justify the extra cost. Despite that, QVC will keep on saying that they have the cheapest prices. Well, compared to who? They sell beauty products as though they are a salon, so are they only comparing their prices to other salons and ignoring online retailers and so on? I can't see any other way that they can keep on making their price claims otherwise.

It doesn't help when stock is so limited. So many times I try to replace something I need but they never have it available. Either that, or they've taken it off easy-pay the moment the show has ended, which puts me off.

I only purchase a fraction of what I used to from them as their prices aren't competitive anymore and charges are almost criminal given the slow service received. I wouldn't mind so much if items arrived the next day, but, on average, I have to wait a week for things to show up and that's poor value for what you pay.

are you sure about this?

I'm fairly certain. I read something a while back, maybe on here, that said changes in law meant that it was illegal for sellers to make profit from advertised postage charges. I remember it too when ebay enforced similar rules. I've had a hunt, but must admit that I can't find anything that states as much in plain English anywhere.

.....I appreciate that some of the P&P covers the 30 MBG but £4 per item has stopped me cold.. ...

QVC P&P has nothing to do with covering their loses for the 30 days MBG. They - QVC, do not incur any loses on the returned stuff. The vendors must reimburse QVC if any stuff is returned. In the early days, Alison use to have a lengthy story about this and the fact that Gatineau was so confident about their products, that they were not the least bit worried to sign up with QVC and face any potential returns, because the returns would be minimal. So QVC does not loose any money on returns.

I'm fairly certain. I read something a while back, maybe on here, that said changes in law meant that it was illegal for sellers to make profit from advertised postage charges. I remember it too when ebay enforced similar rules. I've had a hunt, but must admit that I can't find anything that states as much in plain English anywhere.

Personally I doubt they cannot make a profit from p&p charges...look at the extortionate rates the sh!t-up channels used to charge - nearly £8 a pop for each item (min charge)! There is no way on this earth they didn't make a profit when posting one of their Christmas cracker necklaces etc!

What the US QVC site doesn't obviously tell you is when you get to the checkout they add local taxes, I know cos I order for my Sis that lives in California! It's often higher than the cost of the P&P. I think the taxes depend on the state, but I'm not an expert on this! Still, it works out cheaper than posting items from Jersey to her!

This was my last order to her (it does get cold in California at night :))

Berkshire Blanket Set of 2 Super Soft 50"x70" Fluffie Throws
Chocolate/sand ,
Status Gift Option Price $28.24 Quantity 1 S&H $7.47 Tax$2.59 Total$38.30
Shipped: 12/7/2011
Label Printed: 12/5/2011
Best Standard Delivery

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back