Fresh Wipes....how much???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was sent a pack to try before they re-branded from Swetwipes. They contain chlorhexidine (as in Hibiscrub) so will kill off more bugs and smells than ordinary bed bath wipes.

Dymacare does both anti-bac and chlorhexidine bed bath wipes as well as plain wipes. I wouldn't go to hospital without some kind of skin-friendly anti-microbial wipe and the Fresh Wipes are the only unscented ones I can find. They're available direct from Freshwipes.co.uk and if you sign up they do send some pretty good offers.

Any kind of bed bath wipe is great if you're ill but if you're very fatigued due to illness, the chlorhexidine ones keep you fresher for longer and will help keep any wounds clean. The no-rinse foams are also great to keep around for elderly, ill or disabled people.

Keep your wipes in a plastic bag and they don't dry out anywhere near as quickly as normal.

I was sent a pack to try before they re-branded from Swetwipes. They contain chlorhexidine (as in Hibiscrub) so will kill off more bugs and smells than ordinary bed bath wipes.

Dymacare does both anti-bac and chlorhexidine bed bath wipes as well as plain wipes. I wouldn't go to hospital without some kind of skin-friendly anti-microbial wipe and the Fresh Wipes are the only unscented ones I can find. They're available direct from Freshwipes.co.uk and if you sign up they do send some pretty good offers.

Any kind of bed bath wipe is great if you're ill but if you're very fatigued due to illness, the chlorhexidine ones keep you fresher for longer and will help keep any wounds clean. The no-rinse foams are also great to keep around for elderly, ill or disabled people.

Keep your wipes in a plastic bag and they don't dry out anywhere near as quickly as normal.
I keep wipes in a Lock and Lock

From memory of many years ago, I think chlorhexidine was widely used in baby wash and shampoos but was then banned on safety grounds.

I keep wipes in a Lock and Lock

So do I

From memory of many years ago, I think chlorhexidine was widely used in baby wash and shampoos but was then banned on safety grounds.

Not sure if it was ever in baby wash and shampoo but J&J has removed many chemicals from various products over the years. Triclosan comes to mind as well as dioxane and formaldehyde. I know chlorhexidine is used on neo-nates as a one-time use as it cuts mortality rates considerably.

Their baby powder has been discontinued in America and Canada due to a legal claim from people suffering from various cancers. They blame the inclusion of asbestos accidentally mined from the talc veins. They still sell cornflour 'talc' but I tried it when I was over there years ago and much preferred the texture of talc. I was told forty years ago not to breathe it in or use it between the legs.

I'm very sensitive to common anti-microbial ingredients such as some BZK formulations and some didecyl-type formulations but, touch wood, am still okay with stuff like those wipes, Corsodyl and Hibiscrub. Hibiscrub was recommended to a friend as a 5-day pre-surgery skin disinfectant. He was the only surgeon in a large hospital with a 100% zero post-op infection rate.

If you're heading to hospital take anti-microbial wipes and use Hibiscrub 5 days before. If you need dental surgery use Corsodyl. Yes, using it for longer will discolour teeth (but it's temporary), but as infection prevention measures, they can't be beaten.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1921).png
    Screenshot (1921).png
    177.4 KB · Views: 68
I assume these are meant for people requiring a bed bath though, not just a tiddly wet wipe. When I did my ankle in and couldnt get about or hope to navigate the shower, I bought some from Amazon. I dont know how much they were each but I would hazard a guess of 25_30p. The ones I bought were very thick and well moistened, I think with jojoba too.

These wipes make perfect sense. I think most of us have been in, or can imagine being in, situations where these would be a godsend.
Q may make sense as a tryout... but otherwise no.

These wipes make perfect sense. I think most of us have been in, or can imagine being in, situations where these would be a godsend.
Q may make sense as a tryout... but otherwise no.
Festival shower?

Brilliant for a festival. They are very thick and wet and much bigger and softer than most wet wipes. They're very similar to Clinell chlorhexidine (pink) cloths that are used in some hospitals but work out a little cheaper and are easier to get hold of.

Also great for a festival is the Waterless Towel Off range from Nilaqua. They do a waterless shampoo cap, too.

As Mazza says, there are some times when you just can't bathe or shower. Wipes are a godsend then. The Fresh Wipes and pink Clinell cloths definitely work better and keep you fresher for much longer than ordinary baby wipes.

If I needed normal wipes I'd pick Johnson's top-to-toe cloths before normal baby wipes. They're frequently on offer for about £1.50 but the Fresh or Clinell cloths still beat them hands down. The others I'd pick are the ones you can get from incontinence shops.

Fresh Wipes direct frequently have offers and don't charge p&p. I think they do a 15/20% off for first customers.

I always keep a pack in the house in case I need to go into hospital or am having a bad few days. I've been really glad I've had some in recently as I've had a bit of a crap time physically since before Christmas. I loathe having to have help to shower so having wipes comes in handy to extend the time between them.

Brilliant for a festival. They are very thick and wet and much bigger and softer than most wet wipes. They're very similar to Clinell chlorhexidine (pink) cloths that are used in some hospitals but work out a little cheaper and are easier to get hold of.

Also great for a festival is the Waterless Towel Off range from Nilaqua. They do a waterless shampoo cap, too.

As Mazza says, there are some times when you just can't bathe or shower. Wipes are a godsend then. The Fresh Wipes and pink Clinell cloths definitely work better and keep you fresher for much longer than ordinary baby wipes.

If I needed normal wipes I'd pick Johnson's top-to-toe cloths before normal baby wipes. They're frequently on offer for about £1.50 but the Fresh or Clinell cloths still beat them hands down. The others I'd pick are the ones you can get from incontinence shops.

Fresh Wipes direct frequently have offers and don't charge p&p. I think they do a 15/20% off for first customers.

I always keep a pack in the house in case I need to go into hospital or am having a bad few days. I've been really glad I've had some in recently as I've had a bit of a crap time physically since before Christmas. I loathe having to have help to shower so having wipes comes in handy to extend the time between them.
Sorry to hear that Alter .. sending a cyber hug to you .. that’s worth knowing about the special offers 👍thank you … they have their place no doubt

♥️♥️.

Latest posts

Back