Gardening with the experts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
I did enjoy watching this last night, Pipa was great asking loads of questions and not once did the experts waffle and ignore the questions like RJ does. It really showed how little RJ actually knows. One of the experts when asked if you needed to feed the plants said yes use tomato feed it's very reasonable, What not FLOWER POWER!!!:happy:

I am quite interested in gardening anyway but have never, ever.....ever......learnt one single piece of useful information from watching RJ, all he comes out with is the same old BS about 'look at the root system', 'anyone can grow these', '500 flowers this year, 5000 flowers next year.....' & his apparent response to any question on how to grow/care for them is a mumbled three word reply, followed by 'but look at the flowers Charlie/Dale/Julian/whoever'........! :mysmilie_10:
Anybody would be an improvement on that.....!

He is a joke, actually it's not really a joke as he is an insult to your intelligence.

He is a joke, actually it's not really a joke as he is an insult to your intelligence.

I just feel really sorry for any newbie would-be gardeners who fall for his constant drivel, as you know they're probably going to be horribly disappointed & possibly even disheartened enough to give up on the gardening idea altogether when their efforts come to nothing!
Some of the plants they feature are absolutely not easy to grow & have very specific requirements, so unless peeps get them home & google for some real info......! :mysmilie_849:

What I don't understand is if RJ is the gardening expert, why are QVC paying people like Charlie Dimmock to come on the show? How many experts does a shopping channel need - QVC isn't exactly Gardeners World LOL.

What I don't understand is if RJ is the gardening expert, why are QVC paying people like Charlie Dimmock to come on the show? How many experts does a shopping channel need - QVC isn't exactly Gardeners World LOL.

I only saw the one show with Charlie Dimmock (a while ago now!) but she was fun, interesting & informative!
(We still had to have the poison gnome hanging around in the background like a bad smell though, dunno why, he didn't contribute anything to the hour.....!) :mysmilie_515:

I only saw the one show with Charlie Dimmock (a while ago now!) but she was fun, interesting & informative!
(We still had to have the poison gnome hanging around in the background like a bad smell though, dunno why, he didn't contribute anything to the hour.....!) :mysmilie_515:

Poison gnome lol:happy:

thoroughly enjoyed the show gardening with the experts and i hope that qvc continue to show it.
loved my dear friend raymond evison and the lady selling the pinks was most inspiring.
these plants in this hour are all suited and tried and tested to the british climate so even newbie gardeners should have success.:happy:

He is probably on holiday, Charlie Dimmock was on this time last year.

Latest posts

Back