Gatineau Christmas TSV 1/12/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I often wonder is the BIG price on some items in the TSV making people buy it? OMG the serum, handcream whatever worth £150, I must buy it it has to be good and I would not be able to buy it otherwise.
That's exactly how I fell for it Donna plus one product the hand cream I'm already using and wanted more, all the rest are new to me.

Donna I always wonder about no7 skincare as they always have those £5 off vouchers, to not lose out on that the cost price of the product must be very low. I know cost doesn't always equal quality with skincare, but it does make me wonder about that range.

Same as with Gatineau really and the supposed value of the TSV.
The mark up on beauty products and jewellery is at least 300%.

I gave up Gatineau many moons ago so not at all interested in the TSV.I have noticed that with many of these they bulk out the set with some large size bath or body product with the face products ( which I am sure most people would prefer?) being the small sizes.Great if you are a hand cream fan but otherwise?There was 1 review of the TSV online with 1 star!

.They are really pushing the elixir, never tried it and never wanted to. They bang on about how much it will be normally, this would mean that anyone who really liked it would have to pay out to continue using it. It's like the expensive high end creams that Donna has mentioned, what if you liked one of those (as if ) how could you then drop down to cheaper stuff. Andrew is being extra smarmy today I've noticed, anything to reel people in.

No7 mentioned above, it caused spots for me so I took it back, they refunded me so fair play. I'm considering trying M&S as recommended, but haven't decided yet.

I can't use the No7 skincare either, I wonder what's in it, cos I can use most things with no ill effect.

I notice the 1 star review has been removed I wonder why?:mysmilie_506: I bet had it been a 5 star review it would have still been there.

Why does Andrew keep saying that the night time elixir is a one off for the TSV and wont be back , yet Qvc have it listed as a single item , or was that just so they could say it would cost £150 to a shift a few more TSV's.

I think its the supersize thats the one off. He said earlier in the day (alot) that it won't be back in this size again !

I notice the 1 star review has been removed I wonder why?:mysmilie_506: I bet had it been a 5 star review it would have still been there.
I thought this may happen so I took a copy just in case
gat.jpg

I thought this may happen so I took a copy just in case
View attachment 9768

Good thinking :up:. I think this has really shown Qvc up , No idea how they came second in the most trusted brands in Britain, But I wont be bothering leaving reviews in future as they clearly pick and choose the ones they want and delete the rest, its best to just look on this forum for reviews and recommendations. Im guessing someone on the Gatineau team complained about that review and Qvc quickly deleted it , I guess the truth hurts Andrew :mysmilie_10:

So much for the independently controlled review process. This is a disgrace. After reading all about the Lulu Guiness saga and now this, I am really disillusioned with Q.

I have already given up writing reviews as they rejected one of mine (a five star one) with no reason given until I complained and they finally explained what was wrong. I might change that for a real stinker of a purchase but otherwise, I'm out!

However, this review is from someone who clearly has not purchased the TSV. Personally, I do think that reviews should only come from people who have ordered, received and used the item, there are other avenues such as social media to comment on disappointment if you've decided not to buy.

However, this review is from someone who clearly has not purchased the TSV. Personally, I do think that reviews should only come from people who have ordered, received and used the item, there are other avenues such as social media to comment on disappointment if you've decided not to buy.

According to Qvc FB they state they accept reviews from people that have used the individual items in the past , which would mean this review should have been kept online.

I can never understand when, like this tsv, the price is roughly £10 / £20 less than the 'normal' Q price - in this case around £87 - and yet the 'value' of the products are £150 !!!! So why aren't QVC offering it at £150 instead of £87 then ????

So they are basically lying when they say qvc themselves don't have any control over reviews? What fakes. It annoys me no end how they always like to toot their own horn about how "great" they are supposed to be.

I am also sick of them sending me out postcards reminding me of TVS, I don't need them to remind me, if I want to buy I will buy and If I don't want to I won't. Them sending me out post cards isn't going to change that, they seem so desperate for sales. I have never even bought a Gatineau tvs before, yet they sent me out a reminder, the same with the Elemis one and Liz Earle one. It's almost like they're begging for sales.

Latest posts

Back