Gatineau TSV 24/06/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They need to jib off the cringeworthy t-calls. Linda placing her order then getting asked if she’d like to be put through to the studio and speak to the presenter is a no no in my book.

They need to jib off the cringeworthy t-calls. Linda placing her order then getting asked if she’d like to be put through to the studio and speak to the presenter is a no no in my book.

In many ways I agree with you. The T-calls are quite cringeworthy, not least because the callers almost invariably seem to be 1) very ill, 2) very lonely and / or 3) marginalised, however I can't help but feel that they are in some ways quite more refreshing than a one-dimensional tweet. QVC want to keep everything in little chicken nugget bytes, but the tweets just don't have much interest to them. I like to hear the sound of someone's voice. And what if Linda isn't on Twitter (I'm not saying she isn't - for she may well be)?

The other thing is that the T-callers keep the presenters on their toes. You could see Julia and A. Bagley tensing up with stress at the awkward way he phrased a question he shouldn't even have asked. They should both thank their lucky stars that Linda afforded them more courtesy than they gave her, for if she had not done so, they would have looked very silly indeed.

I don't like it when T-callers come on and just gush in an obsequious way. It's all the more entertaining when they don't. Who can forget "Sheila" who said she could get certain items cheaper from her home shopping catalogue? I loved it when they tried to shut her up and she wouldn't let them! And what about the guy who called up when Simon Biagi and Malcolm Harradine were presenting Lock and Lock - and he completely took the p? I don't think I've ever laughed so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6_bzcAr-Y

Latest posts

Back