Gem Collector

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The dyslexic so-called 'gem experts' strike again tonight.

Jim Brooman is currently selling "Trolletite".

I presume they mean Trolleite.......................
There are places that are equal opportunities, job wise. So, maybe they do employ dyslexic folk. But, if they do, they shouldn't have them working on-air, albeit via words and not faces.

IF it is just a spelling mistake, it is a poor show: the odd one, yes, but that many: over all platforms of the company. I remember buying a Vesuvianite strand off JM and it was spelt wrong in the description. They professed the lower price was 'because' of the spelling mistake. AND it was also wrong on the CoA.

There are places that are equal opportunities, job wise. So, maybe they do employ dyslexic folk. But, if they do, they shouldn't have them working on-air, albeit via words and not faces.

IF it is just a spelling mistake, it is a poor show: the odd one, yes, but that many: over all platforms of the company. I remember buying a Vesuvianite strand off JM and it was spelt wrong in the description. They professed the lower price was 'because' of the spelling mistake. AND it was also wrong on the CoA.

Its incompetence and a lack of care towards ensuring details are correct. Even the on-screen graphic is spelt wrong.

If they're going to charge extortionate prices for stones that can be obtained cheaply elsewhere, then its not unreasonable to expect them to spend that expense on ensuring they're taking extra time to make sure things are double-checked before being sold.

Once is a mistake.
Twice is a coincidence.
Three+ times is incompetence.

That's 'Pappy' Jasper, 'Astroid' Jasper and now 'Trolletite" in the space of a few weeks.

Which also means the CoA's will be wrong too.

Useless.

sjgd40.jpg

Looks like they may be doctoring photos on GC now to make the stones look better than they are.

Emily and Toby have just been flogging a 9ct Aquamarine. This was the photo.

What was shown? An Aquamarine so weak in colour, they had to put the black background behind it on the wheel to make it stand out.

Certainly nowhere near as vivid and intense in colour as the one shown in the photo.

Shysters.

sjgd40.jpg

Looks like they may be doctoring photos on GC now to make the stones look better than they are.

Emily and Toby have just been flogging a 9ct Aquamarine. This was the photo.

What was shown? An Aquamarine so weak in colour, they had to put the black background behind it on the wheel to make it stand out.

Certainly nowhere near as vivid and intense in colour as the one shown in the photo.

Shysters.
It sold out.

Shysters.
TMWNN

Goods may vary slightly from their picture: any samples, drawings, or advertising we issue are produced solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the Goods they describe.

Toodle-oo. Lots of Love,

TGGC

TMWNN

Goods may vary slightly from their picture: any samples, drawings, or advertising we issue are produced solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the Goods they describe.

Toodle-oo. Lots of Love,

TGGC
Covers their back: and some. And, here's how my mind works. I am colour blind and bought a ruby thinking it was an emerald. (I did NOT: I'm not that bad, but there's a reason I commented that.)

When I channel hop 'proper telly', I occasionally get into cartoons and so on. I'm a baby :p But seriously, one of these cartoons, the main character had to get a ruby (or emerald: can't remember which one) to save his mates. It didn't work. HE thought it was the one he needed, but it was t'other.

What has that got to do with anything? Oh yes. Says he trying to save himself from being too silly. If he'd have had those terms to read, maybe he would have looked better. Probably makes no sense, but took long enough to write, so here it stays :p

The thing is, they're Gem Collector images are photos, not drawings. Which must mean one of two things:

1. Either the photo is edited to make the hue look stronger than it actually is

or

2. They have taken a photo of a much stronger hued stone - but put weaker hued stones on sale with the same code. Something they claim they don't do.

The stone in that photo is far stronger in colour than the old that 'sold' - so there can be no explanation for that other than one of the above - particularly bearing in mind that the photo is on a white background, but on the live show, they had to put the black background behind it to get the colour to show through better.

They're trying to charge £45 THOUSAND for this - yet they can't be bothered to take 5 minutes to even bother to measure it to give people dimensions.

They haven't bothered to disclose the treatment, they haven't bothered to study the cut to tell anyone what it is - and they can't even narrow down where its come from other than saying "Africa" - which means nothing because its a continent rather than a country.

If they can't be be bothered to take 10 minutes to find the info out, or at the very least, get a vernier out to measure it, why would anyone even contemplate spending that much money with them?

Nothing shouts out "We're only interested in your money" louder than things such as this.

If they don't know, then at that price, SEND IT TO A BL**DY LAB to at least find out!

Morganite.JPG

Nothing shouts out "We're only interested in your money" louder than things such as this.

If they don't know, then at that price, SEND IT TO A BL**DY LAB to at least find out!
Odd, isn't it. Don't think that I've seen it in the flesh but the cut isn't obvious. Table facet proportionately too large for a Portuguese cut, I think. Has to be custom cut, doesn't it? No treatment either? Bonkers. Marketing ploy, perhaps? Honestly, if this is (or, by now, was) the largest in the world, wouldn't Gemporia sell it in Geneva, where all the best stones are stored in vaults (apparently)?

Genuine question. What's the fuss about these Lehrer seahorses? Whatever you think about Glenn's work, these looks crude. The Three Graces is carved but these look almost jigsaw cut. Has anyone got any? Are they any good?

Odd, isn't it. Don't think that I've seen it in the flesh but the cut isn't obvious. Table facet proportionately too large for a Portuguese cut, I think. Has to be custom cut, doesn't it? No treatment either? Bonkers. Marketing ploy, perhaps? Honestly, if this is (or, by now, was) the largest in the world, wouldn't Gemporia sell it in Geneva, where all the best stones are stored in vaults (apparently)?
I have seen it - and it is a VERY big stone, so it would inevitably be a custom cut - which highlights just how lazy they are really because when they sell 'unusual' cuts with other stones, they always put 'fancy' under the cut description.

It doesn't list a treatment - but I'm fairly sure that when I saw it in their museum, it said that it was heat treated (can't be 100% sure though). I'm also sure it had its location listed too.

You'd think if they're going to see a stone with that price tag, they'd spend a bit of time to find out the details for it.

As for selling it in Geneva - well, there's probably two reason they haven't done that. One being that they probably wouldn't get the price they're hoping to get for it - and the other being that although it has size going for it, it's quite 'cloudy' to look at. It's big - but I wouldn't say its a "WOW" stone.

Latest posts

Back