gift, gifting, giftable

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"Paintent" bags..... Grrrr!!!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Debbie Flint seems to be a prime culprit but there are others.

When mentioning the price of something which has been drastically reduced, for example £20 instead of £50, she will say " Oh wow!!! This is more than half price; what a bargain; get one for your 10 million friends.....". (Ok , I've exaggerated slightly with the last bit)

Completely wrong comparative used, Debbie.

My grammatical moan over with for now...

And she is writing a book!!! Strewth :eek:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I hate the way people keep saying 'like' all the time as in 'you know like' or 'yeah like' or 'like' in every other word! Aaargh! It gets me mad!!:devil:

It annoys me so much too that I was reluctant to click the 'like' icon, you get me !!

Can I offer 2 more - the very irritating baby talk way of saying garDen with the emphasis on the d, and liTTul, and then someone says littul garden and I have to take one of my pills!
Glad I'm not the only one shouting at the TV.

Can I offer 2 more - the very irritating baby talk way of saying garDen with the emphasis on the d, and liTTul, and then someone says littul garden and I have to take one of my pills!
Glad I'm not the only one shouting at the TV.

in a similar vein the baby way of saying hos-pi-Tal which sounds a bit like the hospickle someone else mentioned. always sounds like hospitule to me. aarrgghhh

JUUUUU-lery

filum (film)

"where did that come from" when referring to (a) something unexpected, (b) a presenter fluffing their lines

I must admit that I'm no expert in grammar, it's just that some things don't sound right IYKWIM, and experience has taught me that if it sounds wrong or awkward then it is wrong.

Ive just thought of one which annoys me. When you ask someone how they are, instead of saying "Im very well thanks" or "Fine thanks" you get " Im good thanks". American again surely.
I dislike that too. It was used in Coronation Street the other night by Ken Barlow's old flame and it seemed totally out of character for someone in that age group to say it.

TEXTES! Pronounced text-iz. Most often heard on Jeremy Kyle. That is the one that gets me most irate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEXTES! Pronounced text-iz. Most often heard on Jeremy Kyle. That is the one that gets me most irate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I texted"....I may be wrong, but common sense tells me it should be "I text". It bugs me anyway!!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back