Goodbye wardrobe, Hello charity shop !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I'm done with "milky" and "fluid jersey" forever !!!!!! I've gritted my teeth and closed my eyes as I poured all the poly/elastane frocks from Tiana B and Ronni Nicole into black bin bags. The tops from George Simonton, Print Fusion et al, Ive decided I just cant 'do' anymore.

I cringe at the amount of money I've spent (hell, 2 dresses still had the dreaded BNWT !) and console myself that the charity shop will benefit from my stupidity.

I did this exercise a few years ago when I realised all the 'jackets' I was mesmerised into buying had no ****** pockets, and I have'nt bought a jacket from any brand since.

The bags all went to the Hospice shop on Xmas Eve ! I'M A FREE WOMAN, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!:clapping:

I always feel better after a big clear out and dump. Just make sure you don't get seduced by the new "designers" that are bound to appear in 2012.!!

Linda xx

I have bought very little "fashion" (amnounts that is not sizes!) from Q and all that I did buy apart from a couple of coats went to the charity shop. Once I realised that I just sort of was hypnotised into buying the stuff I managed to stop and now just watch for entertainment value. In fact as 2012 dawns I think I will further reduce my spending with them as the p and p hacks me off so much. Have just "clicked" a hairdryer on Amazon that had been on my wish list for a while, Babyliss one, down from £31 to £9 with free p and p. Beat that Q!!!

I won't buy any jersey that is not Viscose-based, I have some lovely pieces that I wear and wear again, but they are simple in cut and viscose/elastane, NOT from any of the shopping channels (although, I did get one piece from James Lakeland, BEFORE they sold it on IW), they don't seem to be clingy in the way that I have found poly blends are and I think they feel gorgeous and cool against the skin.

I lost weight a few years ago and it meant that I needed to replace nigh on my entire wardrobe. Whilst that sounds great, it's blumming expensive. As a result I decided to buy very carefully and although I now have plenty of clothes, I have far less than I used to. There is no room in my wardrobe for things that I don't wear for whatever reason. I've a few things from QVC and some of what I have is the dreaded polyester. But I have just as many clothes from other places like Wallis, Sahara, TK Maxx, M&S.

I now feel my wardrobe works better than it ever did. I wear simple basic clothes is colours I love and splash out on great accessories ... shoes, handbags, jewellery and pashminas. No matter how much weight I lose or put on a great pashmina will always fit.

Enjoy your wardrobe freedom.

I must admit to needing 'stock rotation' or 'storage relief' now and again,

...and as I RELUCTANTLY place item after item in my Oxfam bag with gritted teeth, the reluctance is simply because of the retail price I once paid, my excess collection being the side effect of

*sucker to the sales
*impulse buying
*'treating' myself

To be honest I have on a number of occasions, since the QVC sales launched, placed things in my online trolley, but I wait for ten minutes and 90% of the time I don't complete the purchase - its very difficult, especially with the 50% reduced items, however I know my purchases, in 6 months time will be in the hands of charity, my Mastercard still outstanding, and no dress/top/skirt etc to show for it.

Another reason for not completing is that it costs about £6 to try something on when the postage and return cost is considered

...and as I RELUCTANTLY place item after item in my Oxfam bag with gritted teeth, the reluctance is simply because of the retail price I once paid, my excess collection being the side effect of

I console myself with the thought that at least someone is getting more use out of it than I am & it's not mouldering away in in the wardrobe. Also it's making space should any be required for new purchases ...:wink:

I must admit to needing 'stock rotation' or 'storage relief' now and again,

*sucker to the sales
*impulse buying
*'treating' myself

To be honest I have on a number of occasions, since the QVC sales launched, placed things in my online trolley, but I wait for ten minutes and 90% of the time I don't complete the purchase - its very difficult, especially with the 50% reduced items, however I know my purchases, in 6 months time will be in the hands of charity, my Mastercard still outstanding, and no dress/top/skirt etc to show for it.

Another reason for not completing is that it costs about £6 to try something on when the postage and return cost is considered

I couldn't agree more - the amount I have spent at qvc with the goods being 'contributed' to charity during the past 3 or 4 years would have fed a small African nation. Its obscene, and I'm determined that 2012 will see a reduction in profit for qvc from me. The main factor in this, as you rightly say JR'S EGO is the roughly £10 "try on" charge (postage and return).

Latest posts

Back