Got an email yesterday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can have a fiver off if I spend £40. Blimey I can't believe their generosity. 😒
Yes, I received the same. You actually have to spend twice because the £40+ is to earn the £5 voucher (code) and then you have to spend again to use it. So you’ll probably end up spending at least £60. You also only have only 27 hours to use it so you’d better hope there’s something you want on that day and not at an inflated price that negates the £5 off. They don’t mention a minimum spend in order to get your £5 off but there may well be one stipulated when you get the full T&Cs with the code. To my surprise, the initial qualifying spend of £40 includes P&P. I actually read that again to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood.

PS Oh ye of little faith, Merryone - of course the postage is included! Thereks a first for everything! o_O

I can imagine a person at QVC with a coupon handing the five pound over like whoopy Goldberg in ghost.. handing a check very very reluctantly ( 4 million dollars ) to the nuns 😂

I've not had anything ever.😢😢🤣🤣
I complained once that I’d not had offer the 10 pound one a few years ago. I spent quite a bit with them over the years then … I got the voucher .. i was polite about jt .. but said I was disappointed ot to have been offered one even though a good customer lol

This £5 off next purchase when you spend over £40 “deal” is available to everyone, Patsy. It’s on the website. You’ve only got till Thursday to earn it, though. There, I’ve made your day, haven’t I?

406D44F4-6780-4C70-AA1A-B82AB2B5B8DF.jpeg

When I purchased weekly (TBH daily) from Q the only thing I got was a manky Christmas card but the last few years since I stopped ordering I have received a few “we’ve missed you” vouchers which I’ve used occasionally to cover the postage on a bit of Eek in clearance otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

Yes, I received the same. You actually have to spend twice because the £40+ is to earn the £5 voucher (code) and then you have to spend again to use it. So you’ll probably end up spending at least £60. You also only have only 27 hours to use it so you’d better hope there’s something you want on that day and not at an inflated price that negates the £5 off. They don’t mention a minimum spend in order to get your £5 off but there may well be one stipulated when you get the full T&Cs with the code. To my surprise, the initial qualifying spend of £40 includes P&P. I actually read that again to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood.

PS Oh ye of little faith, Merryone - of course the postage is included! Thereks a first for everything! o_O
Well Andi, just goes to show I was so excited I just skimmed over it and sacked it. Didn't read any terms at all. I won't be using it. Too bothered about this energy price hike to be buying from Q.

So 4 days to spend £40, then 4 days to spend your voucher. Woooooooow!
Yes, it gets people thinking, “Oooh, I’d better get spending £40 as there’s not a lot of time”. It’s another pressure-selling technique, like the presenters with their “We’re (or I’m) down to the last hundred in stock so confirm those orders now.” But you actually only have from 9pm on the Saturday till midnight Sunday (Beauty Event) to use it … or lose it. So even more pressure and people will buy in a panic. Fortunately, some of us (most of us on here) have learnt Q’s tricks, in some cases the hard way.

Well at least the email didn't mention the menopause like every other flippin email they send!
They made up for it today. A longish email dedicated to the subject, inviting us to “Meet the (Menopause) Experts” and telling us about their award nominations:

878A9075-0BD0-4551-AB9B-09B0BF516A06.jpeg

Oh and date for your diary: “Series 2 of Menopause Your Way kicks off on Monday 12th September at 10am. Make sure you don't miss it.”

I don’t know about you, but I am beside myself with excitement at the prospect so roll on the 12th!

Latest posts

Back