Gradual Tan products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Amanda Harrington face tan is great . You spray onto the brush then apply to your face where you want it and it comes out coloured immediately so there’s no scarey wait to see what develops .

There’s three shades so you can pick what colour you want to go
Sounds perfect for me, I’m very impatient !
Yes, agree, the Decleor golden glow or whatever it is. I use it on my face and everyone comments that I look well. It does make my legs go a wee bit yellow but that's because they are normally so white they're blue. Everything else makes my legs go bright orange or very orangey yellow.

CC
For some reason I thought this had been discontinued. You kindly sent me a bottle of it from your stash a few years ago and I liked it. I’m off to Google it. xx

I'm pale but have used fake tan for years. Exfoliate symmentrically: ie with two hands in scrubby gloves or with a salt scrub. If you try to do your whole body with one hand the result will be uneven. Same with the applying the product on your face, do it as though you're washing with both hands.

I only use products with a guide colour, because it's impossible to get an even coverage with a colourless cream or lotion. Streaks happen where there's missed areas or where the product grabs dry areas like ankles and knees, so moisturise these dry areas and allow the moisturiser to sink in or dry before applying fake tan. If you use a product without a guide colour apply more product than you think and massage it in for far longer than you would a body lotion; this minimises the missed areas (use latex hair dye type gloves). Don't get dressed until you're completely dry, don't go to bed until it's really sinked in because your cheek resting on a fake-tanned arm can transfer a stripe to your face as you sleep. The same can happen with legs touching each other too.

I'm not a huge fan of the gradual ones except to keep a tan topped up. I like a tinted mousse and tend to go for a dark option because it works in one hit. I'm using "Tanned AF" this year but fear this isn't easy to buy in the UK anymore. I dispense on to a tanning mit and paint it on. Once it's dry I put on black leggings and long-sleeved tshirt - if it's close-fitting there are no wrinkles to rub off the product. I sleep in this so I don't stain the bed sheets, then fake tan my face during the day with a lighter product. HTH.

Sounds interesting I’m going for a look. Could I ask if it’s very perfumed?

I only bother for holiday and then only for my legs and as I tend to have them covered as much as possible otherwise. If it’s just for a one of I just use a drop of Rimmell stuff in my body lotion on my legs, you can slap a bit more on or wash it off as needed.
I’ve not noticed any smell and because you use a brush … no orange hands
( plus it’s a big deal at the mo )
I’ve not tried the body products yet but am strongly tempted

Latest posts

Back