Guests speaking to the camera

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

user 22184

Registered Shopper
I'm talking about guests in the studio, not appearing via webcam.

The presenter will ask a question and the guest replies to the camera. Michael Perry was doing this to the adorable Will Gowing this afternoon. It looks rude. The worst guest for doing this is the one with the scarf round his neck, the one who appears on Gardener's World occasionally. He looks to me like he'd prefer to be doing the show on his own without presenters interrupting him. I might be on my own with this one. :)

As for Will Gowing, he's a very good presenter and I really like him.

The presenter will ask a question and the guest replies to the camera. Michael Perry was doing this to the adorable Will Gowing this afternoon. It looks rude. The worst guest for doing this is the one with the scarf round his neck, the one who appears on Gardener's World occasionally. He looks to me like he'd prefer to be doing the show on his own without presenters interrupting him. I might be on my own with this one. :)

Will is very good and like him presenting! Cannot watch Michael Perry - so turn off when he's on, really can't put my finger on it!

Ages ago a presenter was on no idea who but the guest no idea who did exactly the same, but the presenter quite abruptly said look this way please
Right up until this I hadn’t really noticed the guest wasn’t allowed to talk directly to the camera

QVC should train their guests not to speak directly to camera and if they persist, give them a warning. It's very rude, ignoring the person who spoke to them and they should be told - off-camera. I don't like it either, madcatman, and it puts me off the person who's doing it. Let's get some manners going here.

QVC should give plenty of feedback e.g. paintented is not a word, nationality has no relevance to skin tone, next to none does not mean the same as second to none and many more. I think the guest should talk to the presenter but it can just be pointed out to them politely off-air.

Why do you feel left out. Do you see yourself in gaudy elasticated polyester or one size fits all oversized garments?
Haha, definitely no! In my mind I'm a dead ringer for Tom the horny hunky garden designer, but in reality I look more like the tech guy with jet black hair and glasses.

Most of the guest presenters have been actors also speaking directly to the camera makes the viewer feel Oh they are talking to me. Selling technique.

Drag Queens wouldn't be seen dead in QVC's so-called fashion they have more taste and style. Hell, 99% of women wouldn't either.

Why do they sell nothing or little for men? Well, their main viewers are women they are the ones buying from them.

What is the difference between women's tech and men tech? Not sure of your experience but that is a nasty remark and totally uncalled for.

🙄
Most of the guest presenters have been actors also speaking directly to the camera makes the viewer feel Oh they are talking to me. Selling technique.

Drag Queens wouldn't be seen dead in QVC's so-called fashion they have more taste and style. Hell, 99% of women wouldn't either.

Why do they sell nothing or little for men? Well, their main viewers are women they are the ones buying from them.
If that's a selling technique, it doesn't work for me.

Lordy, I'm not going down the drag queen rabbit hole. Ruth Langsford's bob hairstyle is popular.

I'm sure more men would watch if there was something for them to watch. Show us nice men's watches, Tag Heur for example. More car maintenance shows too. I'd love anything like that. Hell, I even switch to IW occasionally if they're showing car cleaning kits, which they seem to do a lot. I can't stop buying microfibre cloths!

It was found a few years back the bigger sellers on QVC are beauty, fashion and jewellery. So QVC ran with those and few tech shows now which are unisex. They are a shop so will push things that sell and make them money. The brands on QVC want to go with them, many brands do not because of the MBG.

You should watch Ideal World they do car items and men's watches quite a lot.

I think Q has done a few men’s clothing items in the past. I remember Glen presenting some puffer jackets and gilets. It was a few years ago.
Then there is the token men’s slippers around Christmas .
I believe Joules is bring its men’s range to Q.They were talking about it a few days ago.

The positive comments about Will Gowing reminded me of posts from some time ago when he was described as Alison Young's poodle 🐩

Will is very good and like him presenting! Cannot watch Michael Perry - so turn off when he's on, really can't put my finger on it!
He's knowledgeable, but I cannot stand his way of speaking.

"Plant your bulbs free times the depf of the bulb."

Please, stop pronouncing th as f.

Are we a hard bunch to please on here? :eek::rolleyes::)

I think that is how Alison Young treats him . When he was new he was doing tech and helping her with that.
Hopefully he has matured into his own person and a stand alone presenter.
Your "resident beauty expert" is as hard as flint. I didn't know of Will Gowing until a few months ago. He was probably in awe of her.

I think Q has done a few men’s clothing items in the past. I remember Glen presenting some puffer jackets and gilets. It was a few years ago.
Then there is the token men’s slippers around Christmas .
I believe Joules is bring its men’s range to Q.They were talking about it a few days ago.
I'll look out for that. Thanks.

It was found a few years back the bigger sellers on QVC are beauty, fashion and jewellery. So QVC ran with those and few tech shows now which are unisex. They are a shop so will push things that sell and make them money. The brands on QVC want to go with them, many brands do not because of the MBG.

You should watch Ideal World they do car items and men's watches quite a lot.
I do watch these hours on IW but then buy my microfibre cloths from Poundland. Cheapskate that I am.

Latest posts

Back