Guilty by omission - misleading.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Watching several of the tech shows today, one of the selling ploys, and the reasons, became glaringly clear. The new brand of Seiki. I can understand some people not wanting a smart tv, perhaps too techie, or they just wouldn't use the features. So offering a basic model is a welcome alternative. Abby did not mention, however, the poor screen quality, a mere 60 Hz. The Archos phone; Abby - again - kept highlighting the fact that it was dual sim (not many users would want that, but it is an added feature), for both 2G and 3G sims. 4G is the in thing now, so it is not exactly a latest model, with the latest technology. When you consider the price of the handset, then the monthly cost of a sim, you could get a 4G contract phone for, in total, less money. Finally the tsv, which I did order as a back up, seemed to be demoed along the same lines. Not once did Lee mention that it did not have the numeric keypad. Granted, it was there to see, but I didn't notice it - my own fault. I didn't find out, until it had 'sold out' (yeah, right!). I suppose it is understandable, really, they are not going to highlight the negative points of an item they are trying to persuade us to buy. It is a case of "caveat emptor", and keep your eyes open, and your ears. When I ordered the laptop, I knew I was going for a lesser model than my main one, so didn't expect the same features. Wrongly, I assumed the numeric keypad would be on the keyboard. I think, as it is too late to cancel the order, it will be going back. I will be taking full advantage of the DSR.

Latest posts

Back