Hairfix Follicle Plus - anyone tried it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I purchased Hairfix Follicle Plus from QVC about a week ago. I have used it three times now and I've found it makes my hair very sticky and then greasy the next day, even though I'm using the recommended amount. Has anyone on here tried it and did you find this? I don't wash my hair in the morning when I've used it as the guy on QVC said you don't have to, but as soon as I've applied it my hair feels so gunky.

Also, and I'm sure this is coincidental but I'd still appreciate any comments on this, but I don't get a good night's sleep on the nights I've applied it, I keep waking up! I know there's caffeine in the product and I know they say it sits on the scalp and not in your system so wouldn't affect your sleep but is this completely correct I wonder?

Any comments would be welcome, thankyou. :)

i've been using it everyday for a month, and so far so good.
the next day my hair is far more manageable I've found.
it feels gunky when you first put it in, but it doesn't last long - i usually apply it 20 minutes before going to bed though.
wake up in the morning and i always wash my hair then... i've seen drastic improvements already! my ever thinning fringe is getting more volume and shine and its also looking a lot healthier and not a single hair has come away in my hand since I've started using it.

There may be something in the question of caffeine. Years ago when Philosophy sold the Vitamin C powder to apply with moisturiser it was discussed here that it potentially might disturb sleep. Vitamin C taken as a food supplement is best taken in the morning as it can cause wakefulness taken too close to bedtime. I suppose it might be the same for caffeine.

Does it have much scent? I find wearing anything too perfumed at night (especially on my face or hair) can result in a restless night and, potentially, a migraine the next day.

it doesn't have much of a scent, but now that you mention it, i've not been sleeping as well lately.

Thankyou for your replies. I know they mentioned on QVC that although it contains caffeine it doesn't affect your sleep as it's just on the scalp, but surely a certain amount must be absorbed through your scalp? When I've woken up the times I've used it, I've been wide awake. I'm not sure whether or not to use it any more. :-(

While I was Googling 'caffeine in hair products' I came across this statement for Alpecin caffeine shampoo:

How much Caffeine is contained in the Caffeine Shampoo?

The quantity of caffeine absorbed by the body is about one-fifth of a cup of coffee or 50ml of Coca-Cola. This is completely safe, even for people who react sensitively to caffeine.

So basically, even though the amount of caffeine absorbed by the body is small, it stands to reason that when we use Hairfix Follicle Plus, we must be absorbing some of the caffeine in the product. Maybe a small amount for some people would interrupt their sleep. Yet the guy with the presenter the other day said that the caffeine won't affect you as it's not like drinking a cup of coffee. Lying much QVC?

Here's the link:

http://www.alpecin.co.uk/en/faq/caf...ine-is-contained-in-the-caffeine-shampoo.html

Latest posts

Back