Happy 50th Birthday Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't mind her either, I just don't think she's good at her job and I don't trust what she says, I don't believe that she loves everything she presents and it's her product of choice, she must slip out the other side of the bed the amount she "uses" before bed, I also don't believe that she has a girlfriend who has converted to the product she's selling at the time not to mention the guest doesn't get a word in. I don't watch much QVC now but I know she acts like this from the bits I've seen lately. This isn't a personal comment, we had a paint and decorator in lately and he wasn't good at his job, absolutely lovely man but wasn't very good at his job, as I'm sure JF is a lovely person, but in my opinion, not very good at her job.

I don't believe anything any of them say but if Jill hits sales targets then yes, she is good at her job.

They don't have sales targets (according to Julia Roberst) or work on commission, they just have contracts............and I did say "in my opinion"

Well my post was just my opinion. And in my opinion they would get rid of presenters if they don't sell sell sell.

They got rid of Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballentyne (allegedly) and they were extremely popular and could sell, sell, sell so who knows what goes on, anyway that's off topic so let's agree to disagree.

They got rid of Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballentyne (allegedly) and they were extremely popular and could sell, sell, sell so who knows what goes on, anyway that's off topic so let's agree to disagree.

I think it was said somewhere possibly the DG/JB missing thread that Debbie wasn't hitting her sales targets not sure if that applied to Julian too mind!.

Wouldn't surprise me if DG didn't meet her sales targets, she could waffle for England. Be interesting to see her delivery on the new channel, as she is a Director, she will have to up her game. Same for JB too if he is presenting. It will be a harder market too, we will have craft coming out of every corner of the telly! Die cuts anyone?

I think it was said somewhere possibly the DG/JB missing thread that Debbie wasn't hitting her sales targets not sure if that applied to Julian too mind!.

Julian left on his own accord, but at the time I heard DG had left through difference of opinion, but I'm only going by what JR said about commission/sales targets.........don't get me wrong, I don't care either way.

Julian left on his own accord, but at the time I heard DG had left through difference of opinion, but I'm only going by what JR said about commission/sales targets.........don't get me wrong, I don't care either way.

Did he really? Where did you hear that?

If he left on his own accord makes you wonder why he didnt post about it on Fb, plenty of people asked him.

Did he really? Where did you hear that?

If he left on his own accord makes you wonder why he didnt post about it on Fb, plenty of people asked him.

Maybe he thought it wasn't anyone's business, which of course he's right. I'm just repeating what I read on QVCs FB page a few years ago, and many people agreed that's right because apparently he Tweeted about it, anyway I'm not arguing about it, I'm only quoting what I read.

Maybe he thought it wasn't anyone's business, which of course he's right. I'm just repeating what I read on QVCs FB page a few years ago, and many people agreed that's right because apparently he Tweeted about it, anyway I'm not arguing about it, I'm only quoting what I read.

Wow cant belive we all missed that lol!!

We had a thread on here (85 pages) and it wasn't mentioned ..

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...-Julian-Ballantyne&highlight=debbie+greenwood

i think they were pushed as they dont seem the types to bluff and bluster over qvc goods. they are quite down to earth types. describe what they see, give you the item number and price and move on. i think dale is quite good as he never over eggs an item. keeps the right side of management but not overdo's the sales pitch

Doesn't time fly, they've been gone over two years now, or is it longer? The way times flying I'll be 21 before I know it!...........ahem! :wink: and then some :mysmilie_14:

I like Antony Heyward out of all the fellas. He wasn't blustery, pushy, or boasted about having every product in his home (yes you Craig), and I loved it when he got the giggles.

Interesting given last tweet he put out was about a show he was presenting on QVC! He has steered clear of Twitter since!

I saw JF the other evening and l thought her hair seemed lighter and it seems to have drained the colour from her face. Or our tele is on the blink.

I think Julian was pushed like Debbie, I don't think he tweeted or went on facebook to comment. In my opinion he thought stuff u Q or maybe he was just to much of a gentleman to tell them/us what he thought of them. Or mybe he thought he would not say anything incase they would have him back in the future?

Interesting given last tweet he put out was about a show he was presenting on QVC! He has steered clear of Twitter since!

All I know is, from what I read about two years ago, someone said he'd left to help his girlfriend start up her new business, maybe he just said helping his girlfriend with her new business and didn't say left, maybe he told someone and they put it on QVCs FB and that's what I read, maybe who ever put it on QVCs FB read it on his FB not Twitter, who knows? who cares? No to me it's so not "interesting"

I still believe as I said in the long thread(the link put up here), it was to do with money and their contract. A few of them were up for renewal just before and after, Charlie even said on air his contract was renewed. Julian had cut his hours down so much, I remember when he was on during the day, beauty shows and all sorts. Towards the end it was a few hours a week if that. So as a long standing member he thought perhaps he was worth more and QVC said no. He did DJ on a local London radio station in the evenings as well. Debbie perhaps thought she was so loved she was worth more and again QVC said no. This is what we will offer and refused, she was tweeting hints about bad feelings and blaming QVC.

Contracts its all about given and take and if you hit a stale mate the company are the ones who will stand their ground to the bitter end.

The same idea but different showbiz thing. Years back on CSI two actors demanded more money, the producers said no. So for about 3 months Nick and Sara totally written out of the show. Now this was when CSI was at the height of its ratings. So they thought they should get much more. It was all over the web what was going down. Then suddenly both back on the show again and back to normal. The producers did not back down it was them. It happens all the time in normal businesses as well.

I hope the new channel is a big success for them.

Latest posts

Back