Happy 50th Birthday Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I'm 3 years from 70 - I'm beginning to think 70 is the new extinction !!! - 65 was definitely the cut-off point. Cant kid ourselves anymore that 70 is the new 60, not judging by the blokes on the mature dating sites anyway (I've never seen so many vests, bald heads, moustaches and granddad cardigans, soooooo depressing!)

As I'm 3 years from 70 - I'm beginning to think 70 is the new extinction !!! - 65 was definitely the cut-off point. Cant kid ourselves anymore that 70 is the new 60, not judging by the blokes on the mature dating sites anyway (I've never seen so many vests, bald heads, moustaches and granddad cardigans, soooooo depressing!)

Brissles, your post reminded me of a quote from Stans mum from on the buses on a recent rerun on ITV4.

When deliberating and justifying dating to her children she said

' Just because there is snow on the roof, it does not mean the fire has gone out!'

1970's (mature) girl power.

Absolutely ! but I'll settle for just nice company over dinner; but sadly some of the chaps don't even know how to present themselves well on these sites, so God knows the state they would be in to meet up for lunch ! My Dad passed away at 91 and he was in better nick than those of my own age group !

Just ahead of you & am thinking of a BIG holiday for the 70th.I would say 70 is the new 50 if your health is still good & look after yourself then why not?I agree most women of our age look better than their male counterparts but am not looking as don't want to get depressed!!

What ?

Its true ! naturally we'd all like a Clooney looky like hanging off our arm, but honestly, somewhere along the line from the 50's into the 60's and beyond, men age far worse than many ladies. I think in the main they've had long married lives before divorce or widowhood, and 'settled' into 'cardi contentment', then suddenly they find themselves on their own, and are under the illusion that other females are going to find them attractive. Not without some industrial strength image overhaul they wont. And as for those that decide to call you 'babe', 'angel', 'darling' on their first message, - well, I can only imagine there are a lot of Charlie Drake (hello my darlin') fans out there.

I could write a book !

A former work colleague showed us some dating site men who had posted pictures of themselves, she had them on her phone to show us.
It was like a horror show, and I'm not exaggerating.

She gave up in the end, it was that bad.

I just sit there open-mouthed that these chaps are maybe a few years younger than me in their early 60's, and yet look decades older than me ! Perhaps its me, I don't know. Just as an example, I look at Andrew Neil (hosts the Politics show) and he's the same as me - 67, and I just 'don't get' that we could have been in the same year at school ! What is it about men that they suddenly develop a 'bull like' face ? By that I mean ...... take Tom Jones, he had the leanest features for years, and then suddenly he had this really stocky face, ; ok I know us women have everything heading south, but why does a man's head change shape so much ?

I just sit there open-mouthed that these chaps are maybe a few years younger than me in their early 60's, and yet look decades older than me ! Perhaps its me, I don't know. Just as an example, I look at Andrew Neil (hosts the Politics show) and he's the same as me - 67, and I just 'don't get' that we could have been in the same year at school ! What is it about men that they suddenly develop a 'bull like' face ? By that I mean ...... take Tom Jones, he had the leanest features for years, and then suddenly he had this really stocky face, ; ok I know us women have everything heading south, but why does a man's head change shape so much ?

Fillers. Older Gene Pitney and Frank Sinatra look, very padded. Allegedly!

I think it may get better for the youngsters, as personal grooming is seen as more of a normal thing for a man to do. Some of them do use moisturiser etc and look after themselves.

Men do get a bit of a stay of execution on facial ageing, courtesy of shaving. Basically they're doing a fairly drastic exfoliation each time they shave. They also have thicker, and generally, oilier skin, which gives them more resilience to the ravages of the environment and life in general.

There does, though, come a time where their luck runs out and gravity and time suddenly catch up with them.

You've put me in mind of a film called The Motherhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323298/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41 where the main character goes on a horrendous date with an age appropriate man...

Latest posts

Back