Hello and Leighton Denny help please :-)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nailprincess

Registered Shopper
Hiya,

I'm a newbie and have been lurking for a while lol so thought I'd come out of the shadows and say hi!

I like the look of the LD nail polishes etc and just wanted any info if they're any good etc?

I look forward to getting to know you all, your threads have had me in stitches :giggle:

Nailprincess

:wave: and welcome to st. nail princess.

I have lots of nail varnishes. I love Opi best. LD varnishes are ok but don't rate his treatments. HTH

For me, LD is the best of all I've tried. Nails Inc don't stay and my nails break but with LD I have no chips, only have to do my nails once a week (toes once a month!) and my nails don't split at the sides. I think his products are fab!

Hi Nailprincess and welcome :handshake:

I love LD polishes - find them very easy to apply and feel my nails have a very professional look once I've painted them. Colours have real depth and some are a bit different to what you can get in High Street. Love OPI as well but think LD has more of a shine to them. If you haven't tried them I would definitely recommend that you give them a whirl :nod:

Hi there I am not a nail polish girl as not allowed to wear it at work but love and adore my L D crystal file (I bought it on the dreaded high street so am waiting to be stuck down by the might of Alison Young) Welcome to the forum and carry on having a giggle.

Hi Nailprincess. Welcome to the forum.

I bought the handbag must haves ( nail/lip balm, nail file and lotion) a while back and love the products.

bought two nail polishes (hot n cold and supermodel) used for the first time this week
and so far I'm impressed. Seem to stay on very well and like pollybelle said the colours are a bit different to what you normally see. I ordered from shop.helenmarks.co.uk and received order in 2 days and free p&p on orders over £15.00

Wow thanks everyone for your quick replies and lovely welcome:)

I think I will give them a go and see how I get on, only trouble is I will have too many colours to choose from lol!

I am a beauty and nail addict, so no doubt I will be back again!

Wow thanks everyone for your quick replies and lovely welcome:)

I think I will give them a go and see how I get on, only trouble is I will have too many colours to choose from lol!

I am a beauty and nail addict, so no doubt I will be back again!

You're in very good company with all us fellow beauty junkies,Nailprincess.
Welcome to the forum :hi:

Welcome. Now I do only wear polish on my toes. But find Essie(my favourite brand) and OPI last the longest without chipping. I don't rate Nails Inc find their polishes too watery. LD do some good nail treatments which I used but like Trind better when I tried them.

Hi
I'm also new to the forum and realise I have posted a few items without formally saying 'Hello' to you all. I'm a bit of a beauty addict and trying to stop my QVC overspending, and this site has really helped!

On the nail front I love the Leighton Denny and Nails Inc colours but do have a problem with my nails peeling or breaking once they get to a certain length. I've tried nail envy before which didn't help, and I bought Leightons crystal file from lookfantastic but my nails seem worse since using this, and are breaking off painfully short. I didn't think there was a wrong way of using the file, any ideas what I'm doing wrong or tips for a product for strong healthy nails would be great. I drink lots of water and eat fruit and veg so don't think it's diet related.

Thanks for your help

Wildcat

Have had split nails for years. Tried Pro Strong, Nail Envy, Sally Hanson and LD treatments. Nothing worked....... Last week I bought LD crystal nail file from Boots and the results are great. I must have been tearing my nails when filing. This item is a must buy. I do like the shine on his nail polishes too.

Hi all, I too have been a 'lurker' till now, but wanted to contribute to this!
Just wanted to say that I absolutely love Leighton's Corrector Fluid and wouldn't be without it! Also for anyone who's interested I picked some up in a 'well known high street chemist' yesterday for £2!!!! Unfortunately it wasn't advertised as reduced so I didn't notice till I got home or I would have stocked up!
XXX

Wildcat I have had a similar experience with Nail Envy, Do you oil your nails? I have found It has really helped to improve the new nail that grows through, but that will take its time. I use slick tips oil & cuti-lips from LD and superbalm from Liz Earle at the moment. I have used OPI Avoplex oil & Nails inc caviar oil and Solar Oil in the past and don't have a fav, but wouldn't be without some type of nail oil.

I have just received the LD TSV!!!!! So I will be giving the manicure oil a whirl. My lovely husband bought it for me as a surprise as I was really good and didn't buy it. even though I wanted it!:happy:

Thanks Grockle Princess

I do use an oil but am a bit hit and miss about applying it. I use Leighton's slick tips and cuti-lips balm. I will try and do it atleast once a day to see if it helps. Out of desperation yesterday i bought a bottle of Boots expert nail strengthner. It was only £3 and had good reviews on the website. The ingrdients are seaweed, aloe, and vitamin E which all sounded good to me. I'll report back to let you know how I'm finding it.

I did recently buy the nails inc metallics too, which I love. Am a bit unsure about the green but my niece loved that one. Hopefully I will get my nails in a good enough condition to start wearing some of these colours soon.

I was really attracted to the Nails Inc Metallics kit on it's debut but had my usual conversation in my head about not getting time to put polish on anymore, better save the money etc and then found myself getting on the waitlist when it sold out...which I then cancelled after having a think about the fact I don't get time to use polish, better save the money etc (yawn) but now am regretting it as everyone seems to love it! I saw it back in stock the other week and contemplated it again and went through the whole thought process again and watched it sell out again! :doh: It was the only kit I'd seen for a while that I liked, the green looked amazing. Perhaps I should get myself on the new waitlist (argh...:headbang:) If anybody bought it and is regretting it PM me if you're interested in selling it, please help make me make a decision!

Wildcat: There are a couple of nail treatments I am thinking of trying but will have to wait for a bit as the budget is looking tricky. These are LD renovate system, LD Hydra flex system, Trind and Perfect Formula (The pink one). The ones I have tried but I am not that impressed with are Nailtiques, OPI Nail Envy, Sally Hansen Nail strenghthener. I have however found an improvement with using LD crystal nail file, oiling them (LD intense manicure oil is fab!) and buffing them either LD or Nails Inc buffer. Don't what ever you do over buff!

I only ever did that once and even the thought of doing it again sets my teeth on edge. But unfortunately it is like everything else horses for courses, what works for me won't necessarily work for anyone else. If I get the above products I am thinking of trying I will post what results I have on here.

Art Deco: My love, I feel your pain. I must have missed the presentation for the Nails Inc Mettalics collection. After reading your post I went on QVC and had a look. In some ways I am glad I missed it because I don't know whether I could have resisted it as the colours look fab. I hope you can get a set!

Latest posts

Back