Help-My Home has been moved out of the UK by QVC!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LadyLou

Registered Shopper
My sister and I have been with QVC for many years, at our address on the Isle of Wight.

ALL goods ordered have been delivered for many years.

Just over a week ago we ordered 2 tablet PCs. We had acceptance letters and went out and bought specific covers with keyboards, micro discs etc. in anticipation of their arrival.

TODAY we received letters to say we live outside UK Mainland and they cannot deliver!!!!!

NOW in the past, especially with e-bay we on the Isle of Wight are classed as 'overseas', BUT - the Isle of Wight is a COUNTY of the UK, we have Royal Mail Postcodes, and All but a very small minority of delivery firms deliver to the Isle of Wight at no extra cost, even if there were a small extra cost, we Islanders would, on the whole pay this.

We can, of course understand that larger items may be more expensive, but I have had, on occasion many larger items from QVC than a Tablet PC, items that cost more, for instance, from Bose.

All I can get from QVC is a very polite 'sorry' and when I asked to speak with a manager, was told I had to 'wait in' for his call within the next hour!!

I have checked QVCs' website under FAQ. Nowhere can I find any mention of the Isle of Wight being a 'specific' place. Many of their items stipulate 'UK Mainland' only and have ALWAYS been sent, but if they now see us as different, then why are we not mentioned in there lists of where they will and won't deliver!!!

Why take over 7 working days to advise us we have been discriminated against because of where we live, our address is quite plain on QVC database?

I am livid, and just to add salt into the wound, Charlie Brook, is from the Isle of Wight, as is Liz Earle and the Isle of Wight is quite often mentioned on QVC

Now we have been disowned!!! I am livid.

I don't have an answer I'm afraid but I hope someone will re-post the CEO email address so you can contact him with a geography lesson. QVC UK ship outside the UK, with additional postage, is IOW outside Europe now?

Jude xx

Ladylou -I've got a funny feeling they were being dispatched direct from Acer or a dealer.

Mine arrived this morning by courier so it may be the courier service that is calling you "non-mainland" rather than Q. Either way it's ridiculous because you are a legitimate English county!

It just sound like the courier doesn't deliver to the I.O.W and they do not offer the use of another courier.

I find couriers wrongly consider addresses north of Edinburgh to be highlands and islands/remote location and over charge because of it

Seems qvc need a lesson in travel geography. I thought the IOW was sacred to qvc! they mention it so much.

I lived on the Isles of Scilly for many years. We too had Truro postcodes but are not mainland UK and can't order from many companies. It is expensive to have many items delivered there as the local Island couriers take over with the cost of the ferry to transport good across from the mainland. That was just all part and parcel of being islanders I am afraid. I must say though, the IOW is not as far from the mainland as Scilly.

Inge

It's the same with Northern Ireland, though - QVC thankfully just charges normal rates but I just tried to order two cake tins from a cookshop and they wanted £15.99 to have it shipped to NI. It can be a real pain, and with QVC I am never sure which items I am allowed to order and which not when they claim "Mainland only" because sometimes they are not consistent with what they mean!

Another Isle of Wighter here. I haven't found that QVC have charged extra as yet.....but to be honest I don't order much. I tried to order a YC direct from their web site and the postal charge to IOW was more than the candle. I buy quite a bit of 'stuff' from a catalogue - there is no postage and packing and returns are free. They are delivered by Yodal - delivery lady is lovely and everything comes within 3 days sometimes the next day. Incredible how some companies can give this good service and some can't!!!!

Is this still April 1st? Yes I suppose the term UK mainland is another cop out!Island dwellers beware!

Latest posts

Back