Here's a survey QVC won't be quoting from...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish I believed that. The majority of it will go to the company bosses and shareholders. Big business is every bit as selfish as government.

I do believe it, it's happening right now, most things are cheaper, way cheaper than anywhere else. QVC Kipling bag was £32.95 dearer than the one I bought on Amazon, so that's just one example of their savings that ended up in my back pocket.

I do believe it, it's happening right now, most things are cheaper, way cheaper than anywhere else. QVC Kipling bag was £32.95 dearer than the one I bought on Amazon, so that's just one example of their savings that ended up in my back pocket.

Much as I don't believe Amazon operate in the way I would like with regards to tax, I can't deny they appear to offer great prices. I wouldn't honestly know as I never look at their prices. I don't look at Amazon at all. Neither do I think QVC offer the best prices in town either.

But if Amazon's pricing strategy is based largely on savings made from tax avoidance then those savings may well disappear. Hopefully they will keep their pricing strategy keen.

For me Amazon is very hit and miss , Some thing they are cheaper and some they are not. I always compare with other retailers especially Ebay who tend to beat Amazon on alot of things.

I also dont like the fact Amazon have upped there free delivery to a £20 spend instead of £10 :(

We mustn't forget that they got voted number one for a reason, many people shop with QVC for the good customer service and money back guarantee, well Amazon offer all that and cheaper prices too. Yes they've upped the free delivery over twenty pounds on some things, maybe it's down to paying more tax, but there are many, many things that are still free delivery, I must admit, I do love eBay too and love what they offer. Anyway, I'm done now I've said all I'm saying on this subject, we're all free to shop how and were we like as we all like different things, so each to their own.

shopperholic, yes, pity the Government don't extend their tightness to reining in the apology for a politician living near me, who went inside for fiddling, is now out and still busily collecting his £300 quid a day for sitting in the House of Lords... Grrrrr!! Morals? What morals? Going to stop now, as I can feel my blood pressure going through the roof...
At least while its in Amazons back pocket we can all benefit (well, the online shoppers can)........ if it was in the Governments back pocket, no one would benefit the tight gits.

Well, i have heard horrible things about the way Amazon treat their warehouse staff. I will only buy kindle from them since hearing this - from someone who experienced it first hand. If i repeat it, it is hearsay, so i wont. But it was enough to put me off.

Likewise i have been appalled by the way young people working for Morrisons have been treated. It may have been the management in that particular store (or it may have been standard practice), but i havent been in a Morrisons since.

So, while the TV shows a pretty, front facing cheerful QVC, i would need to see how the call centre, the warehouse staff and the low paid employees are treated before i believed that it is all one big happy family.

I think that public perception is very malleable and the true story of any company is less about the customer experience and more about the employee experience. Because if THAT is right, then the benefit will naturally extend to the customers.

Latest posts

Back