Hotel Chocolat TSV 16/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is the Velvetiser any good? I am a Hot Chocolate fan.
I love mine. I bought it originally for everyone else in the family as i never liked hot chocolate- stuff like cadbury’s etc has always been far too sweet for me - but i tried it and I absolutely love it. It really does make a lovely drink.

Come on folks help a girl out, even NMcF is struggling here.

I really want it but know I'll be dissapointed that the volume is too small and not hot enough. I'll see sense but oh I fancy it so much. And cleaning all the gadgets is another thing I don't like. It's also way too expensive. Plus the consumables will be too high.

I'm putting myself off it.

Ive always found it to be plenty hot enough and the volume is fine for me too - a good mug full. Its very easy to clean - i just rinse it under the tap as soon as its finished mixing and it’s done. Yes, it is expensive, and yes, the chocolate going forward is more expensive compared to powdered chocolate drinks but the quality (IMO) is so much better it’s well worth it. HC also usually have a multibuy thing on their website where its cheaper when buying more than one box. I have a regular subscription too so the delivery is free. I wasn't altogether sure when I ordered it but I’ve never regretted buying it. 😊

I love chocolate with a passion I really do. I was given loads of Hotel Chocolate a few Christmas's ago. Never again cant stand it. Tooo much. But I do love the Christmas Wreath.

What a lot of chocoholics 🍫 I like making brownies & buy chocolate mints for Christmas or when doing a celebration meal haven't bought myself chocolate to eat as a sweet since I was a child with pocket money. I won't buy anything that contains palm oil so that limits the chocolate I buy & my hot drinks are coffee or tea. There's a tin of Clippers instant hot chocolate in the pantry for little granddaughter, fortunately it has a long shelf life, because at the slow rate it's going down she'll be in double figures before we see the bottom of the tin.

What a lot of chocoholics 🍫 I like making brownies & buy chocolate mints for Christmas or when doing a celebration meal haven't bought myself chocolate to eat as a sweet since I was a child with pocket money. I won't buy anything that contains palm oil so that limits the chocolate I buy & my hot drinks are coffee or tea. There's a tin of Clippers instant hot chocolate in the pantry for little granddaughter, fortunately it has a long shelf life, because at the slow rate it's going down she'll be in double figures before we see the bottom of the tin.
T the Heavenly Chocolate company is palm oil free

Attachments

• Hotel Chocolate TSV 1.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 2.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 3.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 4.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 4.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 115
  • Hotel Chocolate TSV 5.jpg
    Hotel Chocolate TSV 5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 118
Hotel chocolate doesn't have palm oil in it 👍

Any idea of price? £110 with lakeland with 20% off. Dont know whether to wait for TSV 🤔

Look at the extras you get with Q, last time I think there were two boxes of sachets, think a bag this time.

Also will you need the "60 DMG" from Q?

I'm being good at not looking.

Very little chocolate would do me as crisps and nuts are my downfall. I do like the Lindt balls though.

Mr L makes up for me as he loves any chocolate as long as it doesn’t have chopped up nuts in it .

I dislike boxed chocolates because they always have centres I won`t eat. Boxed chocolates are wasted on me.
Now and again I`ll have a bar of Galaxy or a packet of Maltesers but I can go months without eating them. As for drinking chocolate that`s another thing I only touch once in a blue moon and then it`s made with a mug of hot milk and a Cadbury flake stirred into it.
At Christmas time I always buy a box of chocolate covered brazils and some good quality dark chocolate coated mint creams but that`s about it.
Mr V would eat anything made from or coated in chocolate and would eat it every day if he could but diabetes has put paid to that habit and he says diabetic chocolate has a somewhat unwanted laxative effect. Too much info sorry lol

I think I'll buy this for a friend who has been doing our shopping since the pandemic began. She loves chocolate and has recently started buying hot chocolate so I think it might go down well. I don't usually spend a lot on gifts since I had to stop work but sometimes I just have to show my appreciation with a nice gift. At least I hope it's nice - I don't own one but tend to buy something I'd fancy myself.

I have the Lidl milk frother that appears to work the same way as the Velvetiser but I always have to get it in the microwave to heat it up after it's done its spin thing. I might try a few HC sachets in it if I ever get out to the shops again but a mix of Twinings, Bourneville and milk choc shavings will do for now.

Does anyone else here know when a chocolate has palm oil in it? I'm very sensitive to the coconut taste I can detect in Cadbury's (and a few other chocolate items - I notice Bahlsen biscuits have changed their packaging and obviously their recipe as I can now taste coconut in it :rolleyes:).

No one else I physically know seems to be able to taste it but I Googled it and Cadbury's had a load of complaints.

Last year when Mr L was rushed to hospital a friend went well above friendship in helping us so I purchased one for her as she has a very sweet tooth. She seemed very pleased with it.

I then gave another as a Christmas gift which seemed to go down well but this person has just been diagnosed with type 2 so I don’t imagine it will get much use now.

Latest posts

Back