Hotpoint Washing Machine Query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyMum

Registered Shopper
Anyone have a Hotpoint washing machine with side-opening detergent drawer? We took delivery of ours on Saturday and according to the instruction booklet, to remove the detergent drawer for cleaning, you "raise and pull out"...eh..?! There's no room to raise it, it looks screwed in to me! Wonder if anyone can help? Have just e-mailed the Hotpoint support but am hoping it might be quicker to post this thread!

Confused of Nottingham
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: !!

Do you mean like this?! I have never used this drawer. Don't think I've even ever opened it before!? But as you can see, it still needs a clean. The blue bit lifts up and out. I wonder if that's what they mean rather than the whole compartment? :confused:
vu7ure5u.jpg

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

yes it looks like that Capi...I use it for softener mainly - powder I put straight into the drum, liquid in a dosing ball, but it still gets mucky as you say - and I normally remove and rinse every day or two and soak in Vanish or something periodically or it gets gungy, but there doesn't seem to be any way of removing this, short of unscrewing it..!

I'll have another fiddle and let you know if I discover anything!! Am paranoid now. I've never even thought of washing it!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hi Busymum,

I've got a Hotpoint machine with a side opening drawer. I've taken it out a few times to clean but i can't remember how i did it, there's definitely no screws.

I will check how i did it and let you know.

amf

Just checked it, hope you understand what i mean, lol

Open the drawer, then lift the drawer up on the right hand side and you will feel it unclip, then just slide the drawer out, the actual front of the drawer doesn''t come off.

Hope that helps

amf

Success! Being new it's obviously quite stiff and I was a bit scared of breaking something off, but in the end I managed it..OH said "let me have a go" - ha, with his big mitts he probably would snap something! Anyway thanks amf (and Capi!), I know what to do now!

OOOOh!! I've had one of these for the past three years and have never been able to get it out. I've had to clean it using the old Polti steam cleaner. I'm off to try your method amf. Thank you:)

Did you manage it Mam? Hotpoint replied to my email query sending photo demonstration - I tried to post it up here but couldn't!

Oh shame...I tried mine again last night and still a bit stiff but I did it - hopefully it'll get easier as time goes on. Trouble is you're frightened of forcing it and maybe breaking something off aren't you..!

Just had an engineer out as my LG Digital washer/dryer packed up. He has sorted out the problem but one thing he said was that he does not recommend the little plastic bags filled with washing liquid that you put straight in the drum as when the plastic melts it sticks to things inside the machine and then cools it can cause problems.

Latest posts

Back