"House of Kimbie" - Ellis, really?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The carved rose quartz flower is described as being filled. I didn’t know that they filled quartz. The pink is overkill on her, ridiculous. She’s just described Ambergris as being one of the base notes. Ambergris doesn’t smell does it? Isn’t it used as a perfume fixative? What is she going on about calling it a fragrance?

Last edited:
She’s just described Ambergris as being one of the base notes. Ambergris doesn’t smell does it? Isn’t it used as a perfume fixative? What is she going on about calling it a fragrance?
I thought same - just a fixative. Apparently not.

The Perfume Society 🤷‍♂️ says "Chemist Gunther Ohloff once described ambergris as 'humid, earthy, faecal, marine, algoid, tobacco-like, sandalwood-like, sweet, animal, musky and radiant'. Others comment that it can smell a bit like the wood in old churches, or Brazil nuts." So perhaps it could be a base note (not sure that "faecal" is all that alluring though!)

India has made it illegal outright but the CITES says it's ok as long as it's been collected as sperm whale refuse, for example from the shoreline, and not as a result of the killing of a sperm whale for it.

The carved rose quartz flower is described as being filled. I didn’t know that they filled quartz. The pink is overkill on her, ridiculous.
Not surprised with that shape, especially if from China, but very odd. Rose quartz isn't rare. Perhaps Kimbie 'objets' 🙄 aren't created with minerals sourced by our intrepid explorers.

At £199 for a crudely cut chunk of cloudy, filled (and probably dyed, then), I've just got two words for you...

Buy ten 🤣

Jewellery Maker have been known to fill stones that aren't usually filled - Kyanite, Quartz, etc.

Even cheap and common stones seem to be routinely treated on Gemporia these days - filled Rose Quartz, irradiated Smokey Quartz, etc.

They're clearly buying cheaper, inferior quality stones - but aren't passing those savings onto customers (quite the opposite it seems).

Latest posts

Back