How have Green Seasons done this Xmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There have been a few complaints on facebook re items arriving in peculiar cut joints or sausages partially defrosted or hampers arriving later than expected but the reviews on Q`s website about the quality, size and cut of the meat are very poor, many 1 star reviews.

I wouldn't dream of putting my faith in QVC to feed me at Christmas. One of the most consistent tales of woe is the repeated disappointment of customers. I prefer to see what's on offer and choose what I buy... And I certainly don't want to rely on food being delivered at a safe temperature... Food poisoning is not a fun experience.

I did notice complaints that the gammon joint is very thin. One reviewer said she didn't think she would be able to slice it to serve. So it sounded to me like a gammon steak!!!!!!! Surely not?

I really don't like Mr Green Seasons and Chef Michael on the shows. Give me Waitrose or M&S Christmas food any day of the week. I am sure the other supermarkets are just as good too but those are the only two decent ones in my DHS and I can't be bothered to travel to shop for food. The only things that tempted me on the Q food shows were the gift packs of chutneys and,pickles. I didn't buy but would have got them if in my DHS.

Oh, loads of people complaining that their boozy mince pies arrived smashed to pieces or not at all.

I can (partly) see why people might buy expensive meat hampers at Christmas from shopping telly, but I just cannot understand why people buy expensive "artisan" mince pies, why oh why? There are millions of the things out there in the shops ranging in price from cheap and cheerful to ultra luxury ranges.
You can't nip into town to buy a big hamper of various meats off the shelf, but you can buy mince pies for any budget.

Does anyone know how much these boozy mince pies were?

Last edited:
I did notice complaints that the gammon joint is very thin. One reviewer said she didn't think she would be able to slice it to serve. So it sounded to me like a gammon steak!!!!!!! Surely not?

I really don't like Mr Green Seasons and Chef Michael on the shows. Give me Waitrose or M&S Christmas food any day of the week. I am sure the other supermarkets are just as good too but those are the only two decent ones in my DHS and I can't be bothered to travel to shop for food. The only things that tempted me on the Q food shows were the gift packs of chutneys and,pickles. I didn't buy but would have got them if in my DHS.

Someone had posted a pic of their 'odd-shaped gammon' joint on Q's FB page - it looked like a flattened tenderloin, am guessing they're butcher's offcuts being sold as joints!

All my meat is in, all bought from a trusted butcher and stored safely in the fridge, this includes my beef for New Years and all a damn sight cheaper that green seasons.
As for boozy mince pies, two large jars of M&S best mincemeat, add a bit of rum and make some pastry and ,... Booze mince pies.

Not so good then, I thought no Thread would have meant good news.

On the Boozy Mince Pies I cant remember the cost.

But I do remember a set they done of 12 mini mince pies, and some brandy butter was over 25 quid

All my meat is in, all bought from a trusted butcher and stored safely in the fridge, this includes my beef for New Years and all a damn sight cheaper that green seasons.
As for boozy mince pies, two large jars of M&S best mincemeat, add a bit of rum and make some pastry and ,... Booze mince pies.

I will make my mince pies on Saturday after work.Some with booze some without. I don't eat meat but have some from butcher for OH /family. Having Christmas Day at daughter's.

Were the boozey mince pies £18???? Maybe I am just imagining that! Although I seem to recall saying "****** Hell!" when the price came up, LOL.

I think we have one or two posters who may have ordered the GS hamper at least in the past and had a good experience.

As I don't like turkey and only eat it if I'm a guest at someone's house at Christmas, a hamper containing it will never appeal. I like to choose my sausages and bacon, and I like to mix it up and have some fish - usually salmon.

I don't think most of what QVC sells in the food area represents good value, though I have been intrigued by the myriad flavours of Joe & Seph popcorn. Their booze offerings appear to be a total rip-off.

I think we have one or two posters who may have ordered the GS hamper at least in the past and had a good experience.

As I don't like turkey and only eat it if I'm a guest at someone's house at Christmas, a hamper containing it will never appeal. I like to choose my sausages and bacon, and I like to mix it up and have some fish - usually salmon.

I don't think most of what QVC sells in the food area represents good value, though I have been intrigued by the myriad flavours of Joe & Seph popcorn. Their booze offerings appear to be a total rip-off.
Loads in Aldi yesterday for under £2.00 a packet

The 'artisan' mince pies were £24. A ridiculous price clearly attracting idiots.

Latest posts

Back