How old?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't lie about my age, I just avoid telling anyone except when I have to give my date of birth for official reasons.
I was on the phone to a 'young sounding' guy at a call centre recently, we had been chatting for a while and then I had to give my date of birth, he then had to confirm my current age with me and then he wanted to check it again as he said I sounded so much younger ! :ROFLMAO:

I’m 61 and I cannot abide saying my age when asked. And you are always being asked in terms of giving your DOB during business calls etc. I loathed being 50, let alone 60. I rang up yesterday to cancel a smart meter fitting and once they knew my age, the energy company advisor started off on their ‘vulnerable adults in the home policy’ which I shut her down on immediately. I like Pearl Jam and Nirvana, the Foo Fighters, I play guitar, I walk six plus miles a day in my work. I am not 61. I am not 61…

It’s a job for life at QVC some of them must be drawing an old age pension.
There age is not important but the presentation is pushy and leaves a lot to be desired(delboy)
Breaking News Helmet Hair admitted wearing a large,normally a medium yes in your dreams 🤣

I never lie about my age, don't see the point.

Way back when I worked in the Passport Office, the blue passports were still around. We hated them as they had to be updated by hand. Anyway, one woman had tampered with her age on hers. A big no no. So she had to send in her birth certificate to prove her age and told it was an offence to tamper with a passport.
I wouldn't go that far, but if anyone asks me directly, I don't tell them the truth. In my book, it's bad manners to ask someone their age. Why should they care? The answer is, of course, nosiness.

I have a number of prescriptions and my surgery you phone and it automated. So name, date of birth and telephone number. I am with my vet's health plan and get free flea and worming stuff. So got the text saying it was due, so phoned up and without thinking started with the name that was okay and then my date of birth! Oh, sorry, just did it automatically, the receptionist just laughed.

I never lie about my age, don't see the point.

Way back when I worked in the Passport Office, the blue passports were still around. We hated them as they had to be updated by hand. Anyway, one woman had tampered with her age on hers. A big no no. So she had to send in her birth certificate to prove her age and told it was an offence to tamper with a passport.
Same here!!

I have literally just turned 60 but what does 60 supposed to look like? It can be anything these days. I remember as a child asking my nan how old she was and she said "I'm 60 dear" Now I was looking at a little old lady with white curly hair, glasses, wearing a crimpelene frock, support stockings on her legs and an extremely sturdy pair of shoes and her face was as wrinkled as a walnut, it was a similar story with my other nan. Was I just looking at old through the eyes of a child? Compared with that image I look nothing like 60. I don't dye my hair as I'm lucky enough to have very little grey, I do have wrinkles but they're not deep or all over my face, thankfully I'm still slim but I'm sure if a child were to guess my age, they'd just say "old"! I'm guessing it's because nobody has to look like that nowadays as there's now so many products and procedures available to make you look younger. When it came to cosmetic surgery I can only remember seeing a tiny little ad in the back of the newspaper for some shonky sounding clinic with a name like "Sister Rose" with a London number to call for an estimate! Over the counter hair dye was harsh and colours were limited, the high street was awash with frumpy clothing with some shops dedicated to the cause. Nowadays I reckon I would have to make a fair bit of effort to achieve that 1970's nana look. There's also the "health and fitness" that's everywhere these days, way back when brown bread was considered health food, a water bottle was on the window sill for your plants, vegetarians were weird and a vegan was probably from another planet! Exercise was walking over the telly to change the channel, running was an ungainly trot one would break into if the bus was already at the stop. I remember hearing a saying "nobody loves a fairy when she's 40" - 40?!!!!! That's a teenager these days!!!!

It doesn’t bother me if people ask my age, although they always think I’m years younger than I am (probably because I don’t have any grey or white hairs and have never dyed my hair so am still blonde) but the number of years that I’ve been alive is a heck of a sight better than the alternative.

I would be more horrified at not having my own teeth, yes I do.

Best day ever getting my free bus pass, at 60 you get the brown one which you can travel all over the North of Ireland on bus or train. The big one is at 65 you get the blue now it is pay dirt as you can travel to the Republic free and even use their public transport free too. Day trip to Dublin no problem, want to go to Cork, off you go.

I have been sorting out my state pension and civil service pension, which I am able to collect next year. Recently got the letters telling me to apply, the civil service I could have taken at 60 but was advised to wait.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Best post of the day. Not sure she even is five.

I'm 60, pensioner, got the bus pass. I haven't got retirement, grey hair, fat, zimmer, tartan baffies, any less fond of wine whisky and younger men.

Still game :D🍷🍷(I just watched it on TV)

CC

and younger men.<<

>>...not what I heard....

Loving the new 'Bry', btw!

I have a number of prescriptions and my surgery you phone and it automated. So name, date of birth and telephone number. I am with my vet's health plan and get free flea and worming stuff. So got the text saying it was due, so phoned up and without thinking started with the name that was okay and then my date of birth! Oh, sorry, just did it automatically, the receptionist just laughed.
Sorry to hear about your flea and worm problems. Very brave to admit it on here. Though, fair play,if it becomes any more difficult to get a Drs appointment where I am, I’d be tempted to register with my vet as well. 🙂

It’s a job for life at QVC some of them must be drawing an old age pension.
There age is not important but the presentation is pushy and leaves a lot to be desired(delboy)
Breaking News Helmet Hair admitted wearing a large,normally a medium yes in your dreams 🤣
Helmet Head?

Latest posts

Back