I thought I only disliked Ophelia as a presenter......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Awphelia on the Peony flowers hour right now.

I was channel flicking and was quite happy to watch, until I saw it was her presenting. I can only just about bear the Peony woman.

Suffice to say 5 mins in and I was cringing and tutting like mad. She is just awful. How anyone can be in the job she does, without being able to construct a sentence that makes sense, is beyond me.

Aside from that she is just so fake and unnatural in her expressions, suggestions and demeanour. Can you tell I don't like her?

I was channel flicking and was quite happy to watch, until I saw it was her presenting. I can only just about bear the Peony woman.

Suffice to say 5 mins in and I was cringing and tutting like mad. She is just awful. How anyone can be in the job she does, without being able to construct a sentence that makes sense, is beyond me.

Aside from that she is just so fake and unnatural in her expressions, suggestions and demeanour. Can you tell I don't like her?
I can't watch her either. She sets my teeth on edge.

There doesn't seem to be any joined up thinking about employing presenters. Surely, being able to put sentences together coherently without saying 'I'm lovin' this, that and the other' should be paramount. Employ presenters who are not always checking themselves out on the monitors, and who don't flaunt themselves on social media/instagram for likes from random odd men.

I often think it is like amateur hour with some of the presenters, and I am being kind by saying that. Be kind, hashtag whatever.

I too switched on and thought, great, I'll watch a bit of Peony. I love the posh owner, Julie. And then, dear God it was her presenting. I honestly tried for a good 10 minutes. Ophelia, you are dreadful, totally unwatchable. Switched over - once again.
Just flicking through programmes now, Dyson and then Alison "all genders" Young for an hour banging on about peptides??? Suppose it makes a change from Elemis! Another evening to give QVC a miss.

I've seen Ophelia over the past few days and she doesn't pronounce her "g"s and "t"s so everything is seein, lovin, goin, li'l ge'in etc. It's a bit unprofessional. I thought I heard her say she was 40 so no excuse for sounding as if you're straight out of the yoof club. In other ways she's good, enthusiastic, she shows the clothes well and she's always upbeat but no excuse for not talking properly if you're in a TV role, even if it's shopping TV.

CC

But having seen Victoria Fitz-gerald, I've added her to the list. Her voice grates on me, I don't know why because she's well spoken, but no I can't take to her. I'm beginning to think the only presenters I like watching are Jackie (I've changed my mind about her, I think she's very good) Alex (changed my mind about her too) and in little bits, Kathryn because she's a bit excitable. Oh and I like Jilly but more as a person than as a presenter. Fussy aren't

I can tolerate some more than others.

I've seen Ophelia over the past few days and she doesn't pronounce her "g"s and "t"s so everything is seein, lovin, goin, li'l ge'in etc. It's a bit unprofessional. I thought I heard her say she was 40 so no excuse for sounding as if you're straight out of the yoof club. In other ways she's good, enthusiastic, she shows the clothes well and she's always upbeat but no excuse for not talking properly if you're in a TV role, even if it's shopping TV.

CC
I have been saying this since day one her grammar and pronunciation is awful. I was born in East London and my accent imo is not great but my grammar is good. Now my daughter's were born NW London and have neutral London accents thankfully. I dont like the monkey/cockney accent that Ophelia has but its worse than that.

I seem to dislike more presenters than I do like. If Victoria Fitzbighead, Dellboy Freebie Flint, Laura Brummie, Chuntly, Eyelid Naanbread, Smarmy Simon or Craig shirts too small are presenting, I rapidly change channels. My favourite is Will Gowring. I did like the lady who was covering for Laura whilst she was foaling.

I only really like Katy Pullinger, Will Gowing, Jackie Kabler, Jill Franks, Julia Roberts and Pippa Gordon.

I absolutely can't stand Ophelia, Debbie, Eilidh, Victoria, Charlie & Dale.

The rest are just blahh!

I seem to dislike more presenters than I do like. If Victoria Fitzbighead, Dellboy Freebie Flint, Laura Brummie, Chuntly, Eyelid Naanbread, Smarmy Simon or Craig shirts too small are presenting, I rapidly change channels. My favourite is Will Gowring. I did like the lady who was covering for Laura whilst she was foaling.
Willy is my fave too,can't tolerate any of them for too long. Del boy is getting worse for sucking her belly in! If she moves suddenly it's all gonna flop out. I already feel suffocated I could do without nausea too🤦🏼‍♀️

I have been saying this since day one her grammar and pronunciation is awful. I was born in East London and my accent imo is not great but my grammar is good. Now my daughter's were born NW London and have neutral London accents thankfully. I dont like the monkey/cockney accent that Ophelia has but its worse than that.

I was born in East London too but I don't think I sound much like a cockney - I always wanted to, as my the rest of my family do (with a nice cockney accent) - and my grammar is good too. Ophelia has the modern day kind of mockney accent, which I can't stand. On top of the fact that she's not a good presenter at all, it's just too much.

Del Boy always looks really uncomfortable in whatever she is wearing, not that I watch her much, as her "Buy, buy buy" gets on my wick, can't stand Alison " I am a qualified beauty expert" either her whiney voice gets on my goat! The only ones I can barely listen to are Pippa, Kabler and Will, the rest of them I just change channels

I was born in East London too but I don't think I sound much like a cockney - I always wanted to, as my the rest of my family do (with a nice cockney accent) - and my grammar is good too. Ophelia has the modern day kind of mockney accent, which I can't stand. On top of the fact that she's not a good presenter at all, it's just too much.
I was also born and bred in London. I did used to drop my t’s and h’s but my grammar was and still is very good. The only thing was when I moved down to the south coast 50 years ago I had to talk slower as my work colleagues couldn’t understand me! They always knew when I was on the phone to another Londoner as I kept talking faster and faster. still got a London accent but I now sound my ts&hs!

Latest posts

Back