I'm shouting "why?" at the screen!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Just been watching Q whilst doing the ironing and they're flogging an eyebrow serum which works out at £36 for 3ml of the stuff, by all account it adds volume and conditions the eyebrows (yeah right). They've got a model, the one they used earlier to demonstrate some kinds of facial massager gadget for £174, that's supposed to revitalise the skin. She showed how quick and easy it is to apply this serum to her perfectly well formed and thick eyebrows (which I doubt are down to this serum), I was shouting "why?"at the screen! According to Elidh, the lines were buzzing, and over 100 people had placed an order - I shouted "why"? once again. The ingredients listed in this miracle serum are commonly used in skin creams, so surely when you're applying your skincream then your eyebrows will benefit, and there's absolutely no need for a separate product. Imvho, it's something that's been invented purely for the sake of making money from gullible people. I think I've said this before, but whatever next "Ear serum?"! I thought the eye lash serum was bad enough - That's another thirty odd quid...strewth!

Revitalash did a brow product around the same price and mls quite a few on here used it.

I remember people asking when there was a TSV if the brow product would be in it?

I expect my brows and lashes could be improved but I’d have a very long list of priorities before I got round to buying these products. I’m like the sailor who sat on the sand who had so many things he wanted to do but didn’t know where to begin so did nothing! Would anyone even notice? I wonder if anyone’s ever been complimented on their thicker brows. (Medical needs excepted of course).
We live in a strange old world of extremes.

I've never really "got" this obsession with brow beauty, and so many young ladies are spoiling their looks by sporting a pair of fake slugs over their eyes, imo it's as bad as the phase in the 1970's of girls plucking them to within an inch of their lives - Leave the ****** things alone, yes pluck away the stragglers, fix that "mono brow" if it's bothering you, and yes, add a subtle bit of colour if your brows are particularly light. Imvho there's no need to make yourself look like you've just walked out of a joke shop, nor do I think it's necessary to shell out good money in the name of eyebrow conditioner. Bring out a product and people come flocking. Yes BF, I very much doubt if many people have been complimented on the condition of their eyebrows, and as I said before, surely the skincare you use on your face will go on your brows when you use it, and this serum seemed to have very similar ingredients to many skincreams and serums on the market!

Get a bottle of caster oil and a bag of disposable supplies (because caster oil is a b***er to get off.
That said, I've had mine microbladed!

And once you stop using the eyelash/brow serums the effect wears off. Isn’t the “serum” glaucoma treatment?

There is a brand which is a glaucoma treatment, but it was prescription only and in the US. It changed your eye colour as well, if you have blue eyes they turned a muddy brown colour. It went away when you stopped using it.

I remember they changed the ingredients of Revitalash and took out something as so many complained about reactions to it. So took out the ingredient that really made your lashes grow and added conditioning ingredient.

There is a brand which is a glaucoma treatment, but it was prescription only and in the US. It changed your eye colour as well, if you have blue eyes they turned a muddy brown colour. It went away when you stopped using it.

I remember they changed the ingredients of Revitalash and took out something as so many complained about reactions to it. So took out the ingredient that really made your lashes grow and added conditioning ingredient.
So wouldn’t biotin which is in hair skin and nails supplements do the same thing in improving eyelashes and brows? I shy away from biotin as it can cause acne in the susceptible and I won’t risk it.

My husband had tears in both retinas diagnosed 6 months ago & one of the many medications he's used is Monopost (Latanoprost) his irises have changed colour.

I've never really "got" this obsession with brow beauty, and so many young ladies are spoiling their looks by sporting a pair of fake slugs over their eyes, imo it's as bad as the phase in the 1970's of girls plucking them to within an inch of their lives - Leave the ****** things alone, yes pluck away the stragglers, fix that "mono brow" if it's bothering you, and yes, add a subtle bit of colour if your brows are particularly light. Imvho there's no need to make yourself look like you've just walked out of a joke shop, nor do I think it's necessary to shell out good money in the name of eyebrow conditioner. Bring out a product and people come flocking. Yes BF, I very much doubt if many people have been complimented on the condition of their eyebrows, and as I said before, surely the skincare you use on your face will go on your brows when you use it, and this serum seemed to have very similar ingredients to many skincreams and serums on the market!

The 'slug' look I remember first seeing on Colleen Rooney and all her pals in Liverpool, and it still seems popular with those who favour 4" false nails, lip fillers and Love Island hair extensions. I like my brows to 'be there', but be invisible if that makes sense - I don't want them to be the first thing you see on my face, and anyway I wear glasses so the top of my specs is about brow level anyway.

I was shocked today to pay £4-50 for 10ml of tea tree oil (from Tesco) so £36 for 3 ml would have finished me off.

You should be shocked to pay £4.50 for 10ml! ;)
Freshskin sell a 100ml bottle on amazon, eBay or direct (maybe bit more direct) for £8.50 free post and it’s decent quality too... Though it may take you a while to get through it, just store it somewhere cool and dark and you should be fine!

The 'slug' look I remember first seeing on Colleen Rooney and all her pals in Liverpool, and it still seems popular with those who favour 4" false nails, lip fillers and Love Island hair extensions. I like my brows to 'be there', but be invisible if that makes sense - I don't want them to be the first thing you see on my face, and anyway I wear glasses so the top of my specs is about brow level anyway.
If it's on Colleen Rooney then it won't be on me. My Gran used to say "you can't buy class" and how right she was.

CC

Latest posts

Back