Is Diet Chef worth the money

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stay off of it, if you can sparkle. I gave myself stomach ulcers from too much Diet coke. I don't touch it now and don't miss it

Really? Gosh! I have noticed (sorry for TMI) that my IBS has improved. I have since learned that aspartame is a laxative! I wonder if it could have contributed to my heartburn that I have been put on lanzoprazole for. I didnt think it was that bad when I was drinking it but since stopping I just feel like a different person and that is no exaggeration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't drink tea or coffee. So my choices are pretty limited. I drink diet coke, water or diet fruit squashes and that's it. I don't drink alcohol either. But hearing all these bad reports about diet drinks and being a chubby one I thought right that's it. I'll knock everything except water on the head. I expected to notice a difference. Nope not a thing and after two months of drinking nothing but water I couldn't wait to knock back a diet coke.

I do try and keep it to a minimum but my weight issues are to some degree health/drug orientated and I've never been skinny in my life so ain't gonna happen now.

Friends who have lost weight have done with Weight Watchers or similar but the tough bit does genuinely seem to be keeping it off. I wouldn't ****** know!

Really? Gosh! I have noticed (sorry for TMI) that my IBS has improved. I have since learned that aspartame is a laxative! I wonder if it could have contributed to my heartburn that I have been put on lanzoprazole for. I didnt think it was that bad when I was drinking it but since stopping I just feel like a different person and that is no exaggeration!

I'm on that at night and omeprozole in the morning all for the ulcer. DC is so acidic it will definitely contribute to heartburn. I have IBS too
. What a pair we are!!!

I bet my bottom dollar there will be a Diet Chef TSV in early January under a slogan "New Year - new you", and there will be plenty TSVs of juicers, blenders, Pilates, Zumbas, may be some other sports DVDs and sports gadgets (blades, Nintendo and so on)

HaHa yeh & don't forget the "NEW INRPOVED RECIPIES" for Diet chef, all that cods about "we've listed to your feedback & changed the hampers to now give you blah blah blah", so that those of us who struggled to tollerate it last year & ended up chucking most of it away, (or up), just may buy it this year lol! Not a snowflake's chance in hell will they get another sale for that gunk from me, (tipsy one weekend eve or not)!

Stay off of it, if you can sparkle. I gave myself stomach ulcers from too much Diet coke. I don't touch it now and don't miss it
I thought it was common knowledge that Coke is so acidic that it is used for cleaning toilets, kettles, and American Police carry it to wash blood off the roads. I remember my teeth went soft immediately after drinking Fanta each time I drunk it, I thought it was funny at the time.

If you need to down the Ready Meal route I am sure the supermarket lower calorie offerings are much better ( I have never tried or fancied DC) & you have to add your vegetable so I think cost wise it is way over the top.I have been following a well known eating regime ( don't call it a diet!) and have got my weight down.I sometimes slip off the wagon but can pull it back.Combined with some exercise walking or swimming, doesn't have to be be a full blown gym session.I used to eat a lot of ready meals but now cook my own with fresh ingredients, much better & cheaper.Good luck, if I can do it anyone can!!

Yeah WW is a good easy plan and if you get in the "zone" its effective. I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago and felt well and full of energy whilst doing so. I was determined not to waste my weighing in fiver every week so stuck to it! I have put on half a stone since though but I seem to have foiund a happy medium now. I agree the hard bit is coming off the diet and being able to eat a bit more but not go mad. I do like to go mad though!

HaHa yeh & don't forget the "NEW INRPOVED RECIPIES" for Diet chef, all that cods about "we've listed to your feedback & changed the hampers to now give you blah blah blah", so that those of us who struggled to tollerate it last year & ended up chucking most of it away, (or up), just may buy it this year lol! Not a snowflake's chance in hell will they get another sale for that gunk from me, (tipsy one weekend eve or not)!

I wouldn't recommend this or any meal replacement diet because it doesn't make you change your lifestyle and that is the only way to keep the weight off. It's boring but you just have to cut down on the calories and I wanted to loose half a stone for a wedding so joined one of the calorie counting websites and ended up loosing 2 stone and have kept it off now for nearly two years. You put in your details, how much activity you do and what you want to loose each week and it tells you your calorie intake; it really does make you think about what you eat and the choices you make. I found it good because you can even put in your own recipes and it tells you how many calories it has. It worked for me anyway but everyone is different, you have to find what works for you.

I don't drink tea or coffee. So my choices are pretty limited. I drink diet coke, water or diet fruit squashes and that's it. I don't drink alcohol either. But hearing all these bad reports about diet drinks and being a chubby one I thought right that's it. I'll knock everything except water on the head. I expected to notice a difference. Nope not a thing and after two months of drinking nothing but water I couldn't wait to knock back a diet coke.
I don't think I could manage two month on water only. I currently discovered oranges on offer in Morrisson's £1 for a bag of 6-7 medium oranges and have been juicing for about a month, took some juice to work as well, in hope I'm doing something good for myself. But the price for oranges is definitely good at the moment, probably similar to Cola price and as "affordable".

i suppose the thing is - if you can stand the starvation - it's easy. all the calorie counting/portion contol is done for you so if you follow it to the letter, you will lose weight. maybe it might kick start some people into doing it for themselves.

May I recommend 'MyFitnessPal' as a calorie counting/weight tracking app. There's some very supportive people on there too. I'm hoping to shed some of my size 28 after crimbo

It is true what everyone says, it's a mental & lifestyle change you have to make willingly in order to hopefully see a long term/permanent weight loss. Hidden calories are a bugga! I went thru what I ate with a gym instructor several years ago & the calories in a desertspoon of oil, ketchup etc, things we use without realising, I even saw that my dark soy sauce was adding almost 100 cals to my meal last weekend! They're doing some good carton soups in Tesco, their own brand 3 for 2 at the mo'. They're pretty filling & the ones I like are low in fat & calories :happy:

For some their bodies, have to endure hireditary lympodema, underactive thyroid, diabetes etc so I don't agree with the stringent verdicts in documentaries with some hierarcal doc telling us all if we ate less we'd loose weight. Sadly it isn't that simple for some.

Last edited:
you're dead right nikki and there's a lot of new research proving just that.

another point some may find usesful - i don't know if all surgeries do it but in my area, your gp's nurse will refer you to slimming world for 3 months for free and also to the gym for 3 months at half price. that was what i did. i put on quite a bit of weight from medication a few years ago and couldn't shift it, kept saying i'm not stupid, i know what to do. finally realised i obviously didn't and asked for help. i've stopped going to slimming world now that period has ended because i didn't want to pay £5 just basically to get weighed but i'm continuing my gym subscription. if you'd told me a few months ago, i'd never have believed it because i was convinced i'd hate it but i really enjoy it.

I don't think I could manage two month on water only. I currently discovered oranges on offer in Morrisson's £1 for a bag of 6-7 medium oranges and have been juicing for about a month, took some juice to work as well, in hope I'm doing something good for myself. But the price for oranges is definitely good at the moment, probably similar to Cola price and as "affordable".

I suffer with an upset stomach because of drug side effects so juice is pretty much off limits. Its too much to drink in any quantity. I have to watch my fruit and veg intake and avoid dairy as it makes things worse.

And just drinking water for the rest of my natural is too boring to be true.

Snap Janie! I caught sight of myself on a mobile phone vid on a nite out & felt awful. I wasn't huge but was looking flabby & bursting out of parts of my dress. I joined a spa at first and bought some fitness equipment to use at home. I've maintained using the gym equipment for several years now. Just like you I never thought I'd actually like it but I love it! I haven't got time to do every day but when I can I use it whilst listening to my CD's.

you're dead right nikki and there's a lot of new research proving just that.

another point some may find usesful - i don't know if all surgeries do it but in my area, your gp's nurse will refer you to slimming world for 3 months for free and also to the gym for 3 months at half price. that was what i did. i put on quite a bit of weight from medication a few years ago and couldn't shift it, kept saying i'm not stupid, i know what to do. finally realised i obviously didn't and asked for help. i've stopped going to slimming world now that period has ended because i didn't want to pay £5 just basically to get weighed but i'm continuing my gym subscription. if you'd told me a few months ago, i'd never have believed it because i was convinced i'd hate it but i really enjoy it.

Mine do the "gym prescription" thing and have given me one twice. What they don't realise is my anxiety and social phobia prevent me from leaving the house ( apart from a stay in the hospital I haven't been out in 6 weeks) so while I would love to join these groups and go to the gym at the moment it is impossible for me. So I have started just swapping little things I like. The diet coke for example. And rather than pigging out on a packet of hobnobs I have a couple. Little things.

I suffer with an upset stomach because of drug side effects so juice is pretty much off limits. Its too much to drink in any quantity. I have to watch my fruit and veg intake and avoid dairy as it makes things worse.

And just drinking water for the rest of my natural is too boring to be true.

if you don't drink tea or coffee, it is very limiting. one of my friends is the same and she gets fed up with people making a fuss about it. i'm sure the odd diet coke doesn't do anyone any harm. everything in moderation.

Mine do the "gym prescription" thing and have given me one twice. What they don't realise is my anxiety and social phobia prevent me from leaving the house ( apart from a stay in the hospital I haven't been out in 6 weeks) so while I would love to join these groups and go to the gym at the moment it is impossible for me. So I have started just swapping little things I like. The diet coke for example. And rather than pigging out on a packet of hobnobs I have a couple. Little things.

that does make it hard then. you can only do what you can do and every little helps.

if you don't drink tea or coffee, it is very limiting. one of my friends is the same and she gets fed up with people making a fuss about it. i'm sure the odd diet coke doesn't do anyone any harm. everything in moderation.

I'm sure the odd one is fine, but it was all I drank! Lol. The two best things I've done this year are stopping drinking the diet coke and giving up smoking.

I'm sure the odd one is fine, but it was all I drank! Lol. The two best things I've done this year are stopping drinking the diet coke and giving up smoking.

Were you drinking the caffeinated stuff. I gave that up years ago and swapped to the caffeine free and I will say giving up the caffeine was a real revelation. I felt so ****** awful for a few days. I hadn't realised what a caffeine does to your system.

Janie I do drink more than the odd one but I've cut right down. Giving it up altogether though is just dire. I drink a lot of water either on its own or diluted slightly with squash. I drink soda and lime occasionally as a treat lol.

Latest posts

Back