Its been a year since "A go at a "constructive" thread" was done.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you mean the swirly one with the two tone gold, they had it in a Lemon Citrine ring?

I tried watching the Glen Lehrer show but the presenter really got on my nerves so I turned off the sound and then she REALLY got on my nerves ! Can that woman not speak without waving her hands around as if she was drowning ?
No matter how much they change the sets or the lighting if they persist in having such irritating presenters then it won`t make much difference IMO.

Is this the style Meesh?

Do you mean the swirly one with the two tone gold, they had it in a Lemon Citrine ring?

Ah, they now have the details on the website, weren't available last night! Odd though, the description is of Lemon Citrine, but the details say its lemon Quartz?

To add my penn'orth worth, Adinaaargh last night surpassed herself with the stuttering and lack of eloquence. God knows what Glenn thought, she hardly allowed him to speak and singlehandedly managed to spoil the viewing experience for me....and not for the first time. :sad:

http://www.gems.tv/Jewellery/This product code could not be found/Design-YPPS72.7.aspx

Yes Sacha - I loved the cut on that one. If it was a lovely strong colour then I'd buy it in a heartbeat but not that colour - I can't wear pale gemstones.

It's great to hear that Steve, Barry and all gave up so much of their time to go over your concerns Meesh and I obviously don't know how it all came about (invited by Steve/your request for a meeting?), but I have to agree with Argey, Graham and other posters above.
We HAVE been here before, and not just once, and the really big gripes that I and many others have, just seem to be non-negotiable. I'm talking about the dreadful music/heartbeat sounds (apparently increase sales - must make people panic buy?) and the many unwatchable presenters. Now I really do admire Steve's fierce loyalty towards his staff who have apparently become his close friends, but I just cannot watch the majority of them, so any changes to sets, lights and other studio based factors unfortunately won't make any difference to me. Presenter retraining would be top of my list by a clear mile, then promptly followed by a cessation of sound effects. I don't know whether these issues were discussed, but I get the impression that Steve can't understand our complaints on these matters at all.
I haven't bought anything from any of the channels at Gems for well over four months now, which is completely unheard of for me. I barely watch now and have only logged on a couple of times to see what is going on. I would love to be tempted back, but it would take non cosmetic changes to do so and I somehow feel these aren't going to happen. What a pity!

Have to agree Jacualina, the things that annoy everbody the most are things that could quite honestly be changed quite easily. I love Steves passion & loyalty
& I do believe that he genuinely cares & listens to "us" ... but the same issues have been raised so many times & I just can't understand why simple changes seem to be so difficult to implement.

jacaualina agree with you. Meesh - would love to know how your meeting came about. Did you write the 3 page document and ask for the meeting?? The reason i'm interested is that if gems want feedback they need to get a range of opinions and feedback and act on what they have been given so far!!!

For me the issue is that the quality of the product is so poor - i've lost count of how many rings i've sent back due to poor workmanship, shoddy settings and stones falling out. i dont bother to buy anymore - would rather have 1 properly made ring that 10 of their product.

i think the lighting, studios and the presenters' clothes are of little importance if the product is poor. it's a shame that things have gone downhill so much over the last few years. However, i wonder if their profits have gone up in which case they have a 'good business model' and from their point of view a success!!

Latest posts

Back