Jackie Kabler Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also wonder on occasions if some presenters do any research at all on the products they flog, having watch a jewellery hour a while back where the female presenter referred to the gemstone peridot as 'perry-dot' continously during the hour. QUOTE=shopperholic;836478]No I think "research" is exactly the right word, if she was demonstrating a product in a store she'd have to know what it is she's selling, mind you that's if she lasts till the end of the day, it's only QVC that allow its staff to either giggle with embarrassment or stand there with a face like a slapped arse.[/QUOTE]

JK and Marv NEWS ANCHORS ??? where and which country ? that sounds very grand - I thought 'anchors' were mainstream news channels and on every other channel in the States. In Marv's case was it a kiddies channel in Tel Aviv ???? Perhaps we can look forward to Simon McCoy, Hugh Edwards and Soapie Raworth in the future articulating on the delights of Cozy Home, Yankee Candles (although perfumed candles are getting bad press at the moment) and Dyson !!

JK and Marv NEWS ANCHORS ??? where and which country ? that sounds very grand - I thought 'anchors' were mainstream news channels and on every other channel in the States. In Marv's case was it a kiddies channel in Tel Aviv ???? Perhaps we can look forward to Simon McCoy, Hugh Edwards and Soapie Raworth in the future articulating on the delights of Cozy Home, Yankee Candles (although perfumed candles are getting bad press at the moment) and Dyson !!

Oh yes they are, to be honest, not used them for ages as they set my asthma off.

Craftalot, Wouldn't it make a refreshing change if those who regularly get hot under their collar (or their Michelle Mone's in a twist) about an opinion on a shopping telly forum (wow, is that what those forum 'thingys' are for?) actually read what was written?

Certain people 'selectively' read posts and then make the point they wanted to make all along using the misquoted post as evidence or ammunition. There's two or three that particularly spring to mind, as I'm sure they do to you as well. Maybe this forum is actually a hotbed of lawyers passing the time.

I suppose it's because this forum is a broad church, and you've got one camp of people who think it exists to discuss/laud new products, TSVs, share hints and tips about what they've bought and what they'd recommend and another camp who thoroughly enjoy slagging them all off and are altogether more cynical about the whole enterprise. I suppose we need two fora really: 'I love QVC' and 'I loathe QVC'!

Last edited:
:mysmilie_483::clapping:
JK and Marv NEWS ANCHORS ??? where and which country ?[/I] that sounds very grand - I thought 'anchors' were mainstream news channels and on every other channel in the States. In Marv's case was it a kiddies channel in Tel Aviv ???? Perhaps we can look forward to Simon McCoy, Hugh Edwards and Soapie Raworth in the future articulating on the delights of Cozy Home, Yankee Candles (although perfumed candles are getting bad press at the moment) and Dyson !!

I heard Barack Obama making a speech last week and a point he made resonated with me in respect to various forums I've joined.

"...We can disagree without being disagreeable".

For me this sums up the issues we have on forums which mainly call for differing opinions rather than actual facts.

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_497: If this is the case with certain people on here, they must be lawyers who can't get a job - hardly surprising, as I always thought lawyers checked their facts first.
Certain people 'selectively' read posts and then make the point they wanted to make all along using the misquoted post as evidence or ammunition. There's two or three that particularly spring to mind, as I'm sure they do to you as well. Maybe this forum is actually a hotbed of lawyers passing the time.

I suppose it's because this forum is a broad church, and you've got one camp of people who think it exists to discuss/laud new products, TSVs, share hints and tips about what they've bought and what they'd recommend and another camp who thoroughly enjoy slagging them all off and are altogether more cynical about the whole enterprise. I suppose we need two fora really: 'I love QVC' and 'I loathe QVC'!

Last edited:
I am in both camps too, and I'm a lawyer, and I have a job... what have lawyers got to do with the price of fish?

If nothing else, I find it REALLY interesting that we have such a diverse range of careers on this forum ! like Flamenco & Weathergirl being lawyers - and 'someone' the other day revealed herself to be a 27 year old nurse. Its great !

Let's face it we can be anything we want to be, who knows. I might be a 21 year old model married to a millionaire but then again I might not.

JK and Marv NEWS ANCHORS ??? where and which country ? that sounds very grand - I thought 'anchors' were mainstream news channels and on every other channel in the States. In Marv's case was it a kiddies channel in Tel Aviv ????

Marverine Cole :

Newsreader Sky World News
Presenter Sky News Business Report
Newsreader, Producer & Reporter BBC Midlands
Newsreader, Producer & Reporter ITV News Central
Presenter Radio 5 Live
Presenter & Producer Radio 4
Presenter BBC Radio West Midlands

Jackie Kabler :

Presenter ITV News
Reporter News at Ten
Producer & Reporter GMTV
Presenter & Reporter BBC Midlands Today
Presenter & Reporter Channel TV
Presenter & Reporter ITV West
Reports also broadcast on BBC News + CNN

She can't even google properly. Came out with totally inaccurate information about a brand of jewellery. The one she sang the praises of wasn't even on the same country as the one on Q. She was on her own that day so no ****** excuses for her.

Just because it was the first one which comes up on google she repeated it word for word.

This is only one of many examples I could give.

I'd bet Jackie was simply repeating what she'd been told. TV presenters rarely do their own research unless they're producing, writing and presenting a news or documentary piece. When they're just presenting a piece the normal process is for them to be handed cards with all the relevant info, provided by the production team. We often see the presenters looking at their cards for information. Presenters are employed to present and the production staff are employed to provide the presenters with the information they need to present.

Marverine Cole :

Newsreader Sky World News
Presenter Sky News Business Report
Newsreader, Producer & Reporter BBC Midlands
Newsreader, Producer & Reporter ITV News Central
Presenter Radio 5 Live
Presenter & Producer Radio 4
Presenter BBC Radio West Midlands

Jackie Kabler :

Presenter ITV News
Reporter News at Ten
Producer & Reporter GMTV
Presenter & Reporter BBC Midlands Today
Presenter & Reporter Channel TV
Presenter & Reporter ITV West
Reports also broadcast on BBC News + CNN

Thanks for that Scout, bit odd that most of the newsreaders on Sky have been there for years, (and having had Sky since God was a boy, I cannot remember her at all), says it all that she's come down to selly telly. Cant speak for Jackie Kabler, but can only think that regional tele is a lot less flexible on work hours than selly telly shifts.

Thanks for that Scout, bit odd that most of the newsreaders on Sky have been there for years, (and having had Sky since God was a boy, I cannot remember her at all), says it all that she's come down to selly telly. Cant speak for Jackie Kabler, but can only think that regional tele is a lot less flexible on work hours than selly telly shifts.

I remember seeing Marv on Sky, but I think she did world rather than domestic broadcasts so most of the time was on when we were asleep and the rest of the world was awake. There's a showreel on her website and, in my opinion, it shows her to be a first class newscaster/reporter.

I think there are many advantages to working in selly telly : the ability to negotiate your shifts and then have them settled. In news if some big story comes up, you're often under pressure to drop everything to go wherever your employer wants to send you.

The predictability of the shifts means it's possible to take on or maintain other commitments... so it's ideal for those who need the flexibility either for childcare or dealing with illness (either their own or other family members). Those looking to make a go of entirely new ventures - professionally or personally also would find it advantageous. For Julia, Debbie and now Jackie - it's allowed them the time to write, edit and publish books (regardless of what any of us think of the final delivered product). It's allowed Sara Griffiths to continue working and be available for her little boy. It's allowed Alison Young to train horses and manage the farm she lives on. I think for many of them it's allowed them to work despite health issues (Chloe, Julia, Alison Keenan, Julia, Simon).
If you have the ability to stand in a studio and form even an occasional coherent sentence while having talkback going in your ear, then you will be in demand.

It would appear that while the pay doesn't necessarily scale the heights of some other TV jobs, it's more than many other jobs offer - so as well as the stability of the shifts, there is the security of the pay... perfect if you want to try doing something else for the love of it. Lucky them that they have an in-demand skill so they got this opportunity.

Latest posts

Back