Jewellery Day OTOs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have heard antique dealers refer to "shopping telly" jewellery in derogatory terms and I have been reluctant, consequently, to purchase. I won't be buying on jewellery day.

Buying for future value, or buying "heirloom pieces" as QVC likes to refer to it, isn't really what most of the shopping telly jewellery line up is about. Whatever guff they speak, most of what they sell is mass produced with a keen eye on profit. If you're looking for unique, bespoke or even top drawer quality then its not going to be on QVC jewellery day.

But they do sell lots of great jewellery that we can buy and enjoy wearing. There are good prices to be had and decent quality too. To my mind shopping telly has taken buying jewellery from a birthday or Christmas treat to something most can afford as an occasional or even regular treat.

My local jeweller isn't sniffy about QVC jewellery at all ... he only says to "know" what you're buying. Don't think the quality is better than it is because of the price.

I love QVC jewellery and will be watching today. I might buy. I might not but I shan't expect anything on screen to be an antique of the future. A piece that I fall in love with and I wear for years ... maybe so

some of my fav pieces are from qvc. in fact i get comments from many people when i wear an anthony klieger ring. it was £200 at least 17 years ago from qvc. its a full etenity d shaped ring. set with tiny diamonique baguettes and round cut stones. its worn all the time and no stones have fallen out. i have bought rings from local jewellers and have lost stones. qvc sell for all tastes and pockets. and i agree with tinkerbelle qvc have made jewellery buying more of regular treat. i stick to qvc because i know if i have a problem they will sort it out. local jewellers may be less likely to give a refund in my experience.

i am not in the league of paying thousands for one piece but i enjoy my trinkets mainly from qvc

Unless you are in the league of mega mega bucks no jewellery is an investment. It has a wearable value and a scrap value, even bespoke pieces.

Buy what you like and enjoy wearing it. I have some items with heafty price tags and some as cheap as chips and I get as much enjoyment out of one lot as the other.

One thing is if you start wearing chunky costume jewellery it is very hard to go back to dainty pieces (quality or otherwise) and then it becomes a very expensive hobby. But hey oh - life is too short to agonise over it.

Latest posts

Back