Jewellery of the past

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
Hello.

Around 10 years ago, I was gifted a 9 ct gold ring from TJC, with tiny rubies, sapphires and emeralds. I don't watch much QVC but when I looked into their schedule I could only diamonique jewellery with synthetic stones. When did QVC stop doing non diamonique jewellery? Does anyone here know? Many thanks!

I was a BIG purchaser of Q‘s fine gemstones. I don’t mind a bit of Eek but at one time it was on a couple of times a week with Ai K having regular weekly slots but now even Eek isn’t on much even now in the run up to Christmas as it’s beauty, beauty and yet more beauty. The Ali K shows turned into a grandma fest as it was all about showing pictures of her grandchild or her 3rd wedding which was a real turn off (literally).

They still have the occasional gem show but usually it’s all Tanzanite with a aquamarine or emerald thrown in for good measure. The prices are high but the main reason I’m no longer interested is the style and settings offered as I hate claw settings unless it’s a Eek from clearance!

I wonder the same. When did the jewellery selection basically stop and just become tanzanite and expensive diamonds. I used to buy so much and then over a period there was less and less, and then nada. Well not in my price range anyway.

Wish they would bring some back, as that would entice me back to watching. I am not interested in the endless beauty products except nail polishes, and they are on only now and then.

I do buy diamonique now and then and bought a really lovely ring a few weeks ago.

I have a number of real gems rings bought from QVC way back, set in 9ct gold too.

Russian Diopside five stone
Amethyst rings
Blueberry quartz, which heated treated amethyst really
Apatite ring
London Blue Topaz
Aquamarine
Ruby

I still wear them.

I think when the gold prices went up in 2008? Suddenly the real gemstone disappeared even diamonique in 14ct gold disappeared to be silver only. The real gemstone shows are like £300-1000+ now.

I'm with you Donna, I bought so many 9ct gemstone rings. Those you mention, and fire opal, pink sapphire, citrine, Swiss blue topaz and diamonds (although they were'nt great quality). I steered clear of emerald as they tended to be very cloudy. I remember the precious metals being replaced by 'stainless steel' of all things.

Yes, there was an abundance of jewellery shows, was it Aurora with the deep brown voice of BA Greg ? Suarti with the mad headgear, Californian Suzy B, Buckley of London, Butler & Wilson had some great pieces back then with outrageous earrings and necklaces, now its just stupid brooches, and it seems we've seen the demise of Lola Rose too. There was the brand that made jewellery from buttons. Links of London - what happened to them ?

I’ve had some wonderful pieces from QVC in the past, but they didn’t have any competition then, and when Rocks & Co, Gems TV and TJC came along I think it showed how boring some of their designs were. I’ve some lovely Royal Cognac pieces, Platinum Diamonique, my first pair of London Blue earrings from a great American host called Chuck, other sapphire pieces from Las Vegas Gems and even some Black Hills Gold. I also have some of the original Honora rings and earrings in white gold, before it all became those hideous ring pearls. I also remember a range called Property of a Lady, which I think was from Canada. I still wear some Suzi B bezel set chains. Sadly Links of London went into receivership before the Pandemic. Oh, just remembered that QVC used to showcase some Dower & Hall and Kit Heath pieces. I really miss those days!

I remember a good few years ago you couldn’t turn on Q without being bombarded with Blueberry Quartz pieces but these days all they seem to have is either Eek or way, way overpriced Tanzanite.

I'm with you Donna, I bought so many 9ct gemstone rings. Those you mention, and fire opal, pink sapphire, citrine, Swiss blue topaz and diamonds (although they were'nt great quality). I steered clear of emerald as they tended to be very cloudy. I remember the precious metals being replaced by 'stainless steel' of all things.

Yes, there was an abundance of jewellery shows, was it Aurora with the deep brown voice of BA Greg ? Suarti with the mad headgear, Californian Suzy B, Buckley of London, Butler & Wilson had some great pieces back then with outrageous earrings and necklaces, now its just stupid brooches, and it seems we've seen the demise of Lola Rose too. There was the brand that made jewellery from buttons. Links of London - what happened to them ?
I've still got a Suzy B ballerina bracelet in an amethyst colour, still looks like brand new.

I've some gorgeous Viva Las Vegas items. Lovely sapphires. I also loved Lee Sands, and had a fab pink pearl necklace and earrings from that range which always got compliments Sadly the necklace broke a few months ago but I definitely got my wear out if it. I also liked Millefiori jewellery and Murano glass.

I forgot about a lovely little white gold ring with swiss set pink sapphires I own.

Not bought from QVC directly but eBay some years back a morganite and diamond white gold ring. I remembered it when I spotted it on eBay as it was a TSV choice of two morganite or aquamarine, I loved them both but no easy pay and wrong time of the month to afford full price which I believe was around £90 TSV? Anyway, move forward a number of years and there was the morganite one in my size and I think around £50 or less. So of course I jumped at it and in perfect condition. A friend loves it keeps talking about my large stone morganite ring.

Not gems, but I have a number of 9ct white gold neck chains bracelets and two 9ct white gold hinged bangles. And yes I still wear, and the white gold has never worn off and needing retipped.

QVC used to sell lovely jewellery, not that I could afford the majority as im severely disabled and live on benefits, but my mum still has loads of Suzi B sfuff I bought her, as it was at a good price, must admit I dont watch so much now but I remember brands like

Black Hills Gold and Sliver
California Style with Suzi B
Las Vegas Gems
Suarti
Exclusive Selection with Alexandra Elliot
Kirks Folly

There were many more, A few of these brands only came over 2 times a year, so when they did appear it was big, I think after 9/11 things changed some brands didnt come back, then you had Gold Days, in January and August, Sliver Days, Gem Days, Diamonique Days, 99% of the Items I wasnt going to buy, but if you didnt see a TSV Launch you felt you missed out

How could I forget Honora Pearls with the lovely Ralph

Ohh I have a Black hills gold ring that I ave never taken off since I bought it many years ago. An Anthony Kilger Diamonique ring set with around one hundred tiny stones baguette and Round. Always wear it.

Latest posts

Back