Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suppose in reality, the likes of Lulu, Linda Lusardi, - and even Judith Williams, Emma Hardie and the like are just the 'front' for the companies/corporations despite all the video presentations of white coats and back of hand sniffing to make it look authentic. Some balding chap in glasses from the laboratory wouldn't have the same cache to flog the stuff as a 'name' to make it sell.

I suppose in reality, the likes of Lulu, Linda Lusardi, - and even Judith Williams, Emma Hardie and the like are just the 'front' for the companies/corporations despite all the video presentations of white coats and back of hand sniffing to make it look authentic. Some balding chap in glasses from the laboratory wouldn't have the same cache to flog the stuff as a 'name' to make it sell.

Totally agree Brissles Lulu wouldn't know one end of a test tube from the other. She only presents the products because of her connection to John Frieda.

I wouldn't group Emma Hardie with the "face of the brand" brigade. She has no celebrity outside of her work in skincare.

I used to like Lulu, but I just cannot stand her now. I have not bought any of her stuff yet and I don't think I will. She just sits there and wants us all to believe that she had all those products made and because they did wonders for her, she (from the goodness of her heart) wants to share the secret with us all. It makes me made when so called celebrities say that....in that case why does she and the others sell these products to make so much profit?? If Lulu was so goody-goody, she could sell them to make a very small profit.

If Lulu was so goody-goody, she'd donate all her profits to charity. Anonymously. She'll never exactly starve.

I've always wondered why she's never got herself a bloke ! She's dined out for years on being married to a Beegee and Frieda, but nothing since - and she's hardly a 'private' person is she ? so whats the problem, she's clearly wealthy, considers herself modern and 'edgy', never dresses in a fuddy duddy way, and to be fair she wouldn't be THAT off-putting visually, so all that's left is her personality- probably too overbearing for some. She might SAY she prefers life alone, but wouldn't mind betting she doesn't.

Does a woman need to be on the arm of a man to be acceptable?

Maybe it's just the lack of finding someone suitable - I think it's a bit strange to look at a women and make judgements just because she's single.

I dislike Lulu - I think her assertions about her skincare are OTT and I don't like her music - but I don't care either way if she's with a man or not... it never even entered my head to consider it.

I watched JF last night with Alison Cork.
They were presenting a throw, and Alison spent a good minute or so explaining why one particular option was called 'Peacock'. After she'd finished, JF asked why it was called Peacock. I kid you not. The woman is a fool.

Maybe it's just the lack of finding someone suitable - I think it's a bit strange to look at a women and make judgements just because she's single.

I dislike Lulu - I think her assertions about her skincare are OTT and I don't like her music - but I don't care either way if she's with a man or not... it never even entered my head to consider it.

Shows how we're all different then doesn't it ! Strange or otherwise !

I'm single through widowhood, and I'm not fussed what others think of me; but it shows we're human and not perfect to have thoughts about anything.

I watched JF last night with Alison Cork.
They were presenting a throw, and Alison spent a good minute or so explaining why one particular option was called 'Peacock'. After she'd finished, JF asked why it was called Peacock. I kid you not. The woman is a fool.

At that point wasn't she more concerned with getting her producer to order the other option for her?

Shows how we're all different then doesn't it ! Strange or otherwise !

I'm single through widowhood, and I'm not fussed what others think of me; but it shows we're human and not perfect to have thoughts about anything.

You didn't say Lulu was unacceptable, you just said that you wondered why. In a world built around coupledom, it is perfectly normal thing to wonder why someone choses not to be half of a couple.

Ooh, it does mine!
And I don't care, either! I'm just nosy.

I've always wondered why she's never got herself a bloke ! She's dined out for years on being married to a Beegee and Frieda, but nothing since - and she's hardly a 'private' person is she ? so whats the problem, she's clearly wealthy, considers herself modern and 'edgy', never dresses in a fuddy duddy way, and to be fair she wouldn't be THAT off-putting visually, so all that's left is her personality- probably too overbearing for some. She might SAY she prefers life alone, but wouldn't mind betting she doesn't.

Didn't she have a fling with Jason Orange?

Unless you are privy to Lulu's private life, how do you know whether or not she has a partner? Because it has not been reported in the press? Perhaps she neither wants one nor, more importantly, needs one. Too many people are concerned with what society expects, or do not feel whole, without a partner. I have never been happier, since I ended a 13 year engagement. I do not want a relationship; I have my independence, I earn my own money, and what I have is my own, I worked for it. The love of my life, is #mylittlebiscuit.

Unless you are privy to Lulu's private life, how do you know whether or not she has a partner? Because it has not been reported in the press? Perhaps she neither wants one nor, more importantly, needs one. Too many people are concerned with what society expects, or do not feel whole, without a partner. I have never been happier, since I ended a 13 year engagement. I do not want a relationship; I have my independence, I earn my own money, and what I have is my own, I worked for it. The love of my life, is #mylittlebiscuit.

Good for you, Louise. I think it's much better to be in no relationship than be in the wrong relationship. So many things are geared towards couples, sometimes singles are viewed as somehow abnormal. I don't know why. If I want to go out for a meal in a restaurant on my own, I'll go. If I want to go go out for a drive, I'll go. I don't want or need someone dangling on the end of my arm! As for celebs, I suppose, rightly or wrongly people will be interested in their personal lives. People in the public eye are often considered fair game for intense scrutiny and I'm not sure it's right. I do wonder about some celebs though. Not so much Lulu, though. (I don't particulary want to imagine her in the throes of passion!). I sometimes wonder if Kiki Dee and Cliff Richard are gay. It's really none of my business at all however I still wonder. Some people are just very coy.

People enter the celebrity world be it Z-A with their eyes wide open, if they don't like it they know what to do. These celebrities are paid handsomely to be in magazines or the papers, they also can't be selective about it either, court and adore publicity one minute, then moan about lack of privacy the next, and that includes people's curiosity about their personal life because it's all part and parcel when they take that money. Me myself I couldn't give a toss, but I am nosy.

At that point wasn't she more concerned with getting her producer to order the other option for her?

All this act of ordering the item while presenting , all the " please leave one for me " " producer order one for me" " I would have worn it if I had seen it " makes me :mysmilie_490:, it is as though they are seeing the items they are presenting for the first time
A good presenter will look at the clothes on the rack, get the paperwork done regarding measurements and colours! :mysmilie_10: Every one is guilty of saying them and in the case of Catherine Huntley she does the " I would have worn it" £ I wish I had ordered one " even if she had presented the same item previously :mysmilie_455:

If Lulu was so goody-goody, she'd donate all her profits to charity. Anonymously. She'll never exactly starve.

Exactly ! Most likely she thought, "well, I have seen so many others from show business make so much money, selling creams and lotions, so I have joined them, after all I "was" a "celebrity" too.
She admitted once that she watches beauty products presented on the Q to get info .....so why is she saying that these are her creams that she has been using since she became 40 yrs old and noticed that her skin needed some help, and got the creams made for her .
And decided (good soul she is ) to share the creams with us.

Latest posts

Back