Jilly Halliday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a piece of gristle in my ear lobe which would cause problems if I had it pierced, and I have always wanted pierced ears. Clip-ons hurt so I can't wear anything. There may be health issues with JH family history such a keloid scarring, any unnecessary meddling is to be totally avoided.

If I was interested in some earings being presented on QVC, I would not really be bothered if they were tried on or not. I always wonder though, with so many of the presenters and models wearing them, what happens to them after? They could not be sold or even presented again, unless they were presented by the same person otherwise it would be pretty unhygenic.:thinking:

If I was interested in some earings being presented on QVC, I would not really be bothered if they were tried on or not. I always wonder though, with so many of the presenters and models wearing them, what happens to them after? They could not be sold or even presented again, unless they were presented by the same person otherwise it would be pretty unhygenic.:thinking:

Same with customer returns, they get cleaned, so Q say. My DD won't wear Q ear-rings for this reason but who is to say shop bought ones are not returns.

This ongoing ear thing is really annoying. JH doesn''t have pierced ears because it's her choice and
SHE DOESN'T WANT THEM PIERCED!! Is it really that difficult to understand?? :doh: The presenters on the dedicated jewellery channels don't try on earrings either so what's all the ****** fuss about!!?? :headbang:

There is no need for the rude tone in your reply. Someone was posting here for the first time about this and I'm sure didn't need you shouting back at her.

There's no need to get so excited about things that don't matter that much.

I've seen these comments about Jilly posted lots of times, it's certainly not the first time it's been posted about.

Quite, but a first time poster (Lather30) probably hasn't seen the discussion lots of times and should be treated better.

Quite, but a first time poster (Lather30) probably hasn't seen the discussion lots of times and should be treated better.

We have new members joining all the time and it would be unfair to expect them to trawl the archive pages to see what we have discussed or not in the past before they feel free to comment on any given subject. Just like her hair has been discussed to death it doesn't stop me reading new posts, about her hair, ears or otherwise.

I wasn't aiming my comments at one poster at all.

The way I read your post was that you were saying the discussion hadn't happened before, not that the poster hadn't posted about that particular topic before. :confused:
I don't keep a black book on who's posted for what length of time and about what :blush:

Jilly is definitely my favourite QVC presenter. I love her personality, and I adore her long hair - I also have long hair like hers, although mine isn't as straight and has a bit of a natural wave/curl to it.

But I've got to agree with folks who say she really needs to get her ears pierced if she's going to carry on with the jewellery shows. It's OK holding the earrings up to her ears, but her fingers do get in the way, plus you can't get an idea of how heavy the earrings are to wear the same way as you could if you could see how much/little they're pulling on her lobes. And I think that it would really suit her if she did get them done.

And yes, she does have a few phrases that she uses a lot more than she should!!

Hi Hon,welcome to ST. I can't say I share your enthusiasm for JH but only because , for me, she lacks a spark and talks in a monotone. I hope you continue to post though, variety is the spice of life.:hi:

Welcome to the forum lather30. I'm afraid JH doesn't do it for me either but each to their own.

There is no need for the rude tone in your reply. Someone was posting here for the first time about this and I'm sure didn't need you shouting back at her.
Was I shouting at Lather 30 in particular?? Did I quote her in my post?? No on both counts so don't accuse me of being rude to a newbie, especially when you can't even get your facts right. These self appointed moderators get right on my t**s. :rolleyes:

This ongoing ear thing is really annoying. JH doesn''t have pierced ears because it's her choice and
SHE DOESN'T WANT THEM PIERCED!! Is it really that difficult to understand?? :doh: The presenters on the dedicated jewellery channels don't try on earrings either so what's all the ****** fuss about!!?? :headbang:

I agree that the presenters shouldn't feel the need to have piercings done if they don't want to:nod:. It's obviously something you feel strongly about given the tone of your post, however I also thought mistakenly, it was in response to Lather's post.
I don't consider myself to be a moderator :giggle:nor would I want to be but in fairness I did initially think the same as Apple about your post. I appreciate you can't be responsible for people's perceptions but it is easy for misunderstandings to occur.:flower::flower::flower:

Was I shouting at Lather 30 in particular?? Did I quote her in my post?? No on both counts so don't accuse me of being rude to a newbie, especially when you can't even get your facts right. These self appointed moderators get right on my t**s. :rolleyes:

You probably need take a few minutes out and ask yourself why us 'self appointed moderators' feel it necessary to respond to some of your posts.

And you need to chill!

You probably need take a few minutes out and ask yourself why us 'self appointed moderators' feel it necessary to respond to some of your posts.
I'm not interested in why busybodies need to stick their oar in but I will always respoond when they do if it's directed at me.

And you need to chill!
And you need to mind your own business.

I agree that the presenters shouldn't feel the need to have piercings done if they don't want to:nod:. It's obviously something you feel strongly about given the tone of your post, however I also thought mistakenly, it was in response to Lather's post.
I don't consider myself to be a moderator :giggle:nor would I want to be but in fairness I did initially think the same as Apple about your post. I appreciate you can't be responsible for people's perceptions but it is easy for misunderstandings to occur.:flower::flower::flower:
I was actually agreeing with the previous post from Lottie. In hindsight I probably should have quoted her so it was totally clear to everyone who couldn't work it out for themselves...:rolleyes:

Ooops sorry PPC for getting you into trouble....
pifight.gif

offtobed.gif

I think everyone needs to calm down and remember that it is often very difficult to tell in what "tone" a post has been written.

Forum members old and new are free to post their opiniona but there is no need to shout others down or be aggressive.

Latest posts

Back