JoyTab Beware

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So IW have recorded a special Christmas technology show to be shown today xmas day and guess whats on it The JoyTab, the exactly same one they had as a pick of the day a week ago and its the exact same price £199.99 and this isnt any special price , which means having it as a pick of the day a week ago at £199.99 was a complete con. Its the exact same spec and still comes withs the keyboard and sleeve, sorry IW but ur really let ur customers down with ur phony usual IW prices and pick of the days that are never just a one day offer.

I agree Autumn. This was also part of what upset me and made me feel like I'd been conned. It was alot of money to find for a pick of the day and I've seen the Joy Tabs so many times at the same price.

I agree Autumn. This was also part of what upset me and made me feel like I'd been conned. It was alot of money to find for a pick of the day and I've seen the Joy Tabs so many times at the same price.

Do you think it's a good price for what it is though? That's the main thing.

Do you think it's a good price for what it is though? That's the main thing.

Ur missing the point alan its meant to be a Pick of the Day price not every time they show it price. Complete con if you ask me and makes a mockery of there pick of the day.

Ur missing the point alan its meant to be a Pick of the Day price not every time they show it price. Complete con if you ask me and makes a mockery of there pick of the day.

Yeah, I do see what you mean - could be worth checking with Trading Standards about it as they could be doing something against the law...not sure if they are or not though but could be worth checking.

Not sure about POTD price, unlike QVC who do the TSV and then put it on an introductury price IW will put their stock on as a POTD and then will show it as a blockbuster which is sometimes around the price of the POTD. Infact IW prices are all over the place IMO as they don't do the intoductury price they come on air as some sort of offer price and so I never take much notice. I bought the Chef Tony hand blender a lot cheaper than the POTD price but that's the way it goes.

I could understand if they bought it back as a Blockbuster at the same price as the Pick of the Day price however it was on many times before Xmas once as a POTD and several times not on any kind of offer all at the same price of £199.99. Its now been on air after Xmas at a SALE price of £199.99 its a complete joke . It like the Kitchen aid food processor they had on xmas eve at the sale price of £199.99 and they were raving about how great the price was, however £199.99 is the price the sister channel The deal channel have had permanently. They even had at one stage a kitchen aid show in November on IW selling the processor for £229.99 while at the same time it was on The deal channels website for £199.99, if that's joke then i don't no wot is . Tbh the only good deals ive seen is the IW sale is of create and craft , every show on IW is flogging the usual crap at the usual prices.we no Ideal World read this forum so shame on you!!!

The Deal channel and IW more than likely operate as 2 seperate company's so pricing will not be the same on both. I think it's Currys and PC World who are both owned by the same company but each one operates on it's own and if you like against each other, so you could find the same pc in both but at different prices. At the end of the day IW were selling the tablets at the same price as the pick of the day and if they were selling them cheaper then I could understand you being a bit miffed but they obviously found a selling price and stuck to it. Had it not been christmas they might not have had them on so often but it was the time to sell them so they took full advantage.

The way I see POTD it's an item they bring a special price for that day but unlike QVC with the OTO where they plainly state that it won't be bought to air at a cheaper price IW never state this so they are probably within their right to bring it on at the same price or cheaper on another day and if you watch IW enough this is not uncommon especially as their product range doesn't seem to be vast. I couldn't imagine how many times the halogen oven has been POTD or blockbuster or at a special price as it's on so many times and they only seem to sell it at an 'offer' price.

Latest posts

Back