JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never read their blogs as I am not interested in anything they have to say, either promoting Q items or private lives.

It gets me when you see professional photos at least 10 plus years being used to promote current events (columnists are particularly bad at using old photos to head magazine articles). Your first thought is how old they look and who do they think they are kidding whereas if it was a current photo you might very possibly comment that they are looking really well nowadays.

Same with those who can’t let go of the 80/90’s look (and not in a vintage way), think of loose women types and cruise singers.

You are right BUT...I do have to admit that you can take the Scandi Princess out of the 80s but you can never take the 80s out of the Scandi Princess (sorry!) When I am listening to a certain 80s radio station either in the car or at home, I am suddenly 15 again & love belting out the tunes (not in public though, although I do sometimes encourage a sing a long in the office if we are having a hard day )It might make some of you cringe but I can confirm that whenever I am feeling down, upset or ill there is nothing that lifts me up more than tunes from my favourite decade. HOWEVER...I don't go out looking like Pepsi & Shirley & my Frankie Says Relax days are long gone!

You are right BUT...I do have to admit that you can take the Scandi Princess out of the 80s but you can never take the 80s out of the Scandi Princess (sorry!) When I am listening to a certain 80s radio station either in the car or at home, I am suddenly 15 again & love belting out the tunes (not in public though, although I do sometimes encourage a sing a long in the office if we are having a hard day )It might make some of you cringe but I can confirm that whenever I am feeling down, upset or ill there is nothing that lifts me up more than tunes from my favourite decade. HOWEVER...I don't go out looking like Pepsi & Shirley & my Frankie Says Relax days are long gone!

I love listening and singing along to music (poor husband's ears). 70's and 80's music even better. Singing along in my bedroom when I was younger into my hairbrush! It is uplifting and even better when the music makes you happy and the lyrics have a special meaning to you. My husband is tone deaf though so am thankful he doesn't sing out loud too much!

I loved the 80s, the music was wonderful & I was a Princess Diana clone. I'd never wear a pie crust collar, shoulder pads or neon again, yes I wore ALL trends, but I still love my pearls & anything from Duran Duran to Wham! instantly lifts me.

I had a look at Queen Julia in the striped maxi yesterday, she mentioned the Monsoon launch & showed photos from her blog. Interesting to read that she wore a size 14 because there was NO STRETCH, she also said that she really liked the one on the right - wedding dress style?
https://blogs.qvcuk.com/ten-of-the-best-in-beauty-for-me-that-is/

I caught a few seconds of her in a green/yellow/red (maybe) striped dress earlier today and was instantly struck at how it made her melons look like water melons :mysmilie_11:

I loved the 80s, the music was wonderful & I was a Princess Diana clone. I'd never wear a pie crust collar, shoulder pads or neon again, yes I wore ALL trends, but I still love my pearls & anything from Duran Duran to Wham! instantly lifts me.

Ah! I knew we had a connection lol. John Taylor from Duran Duran was my teenage crush & yes, a lot of my fashion choices were down to the late Princess Di- I even wore a gold initial pendant. Loved my frills & pedal pushers he he!

I don't have any children but I would be mortified if I saw a picture of my daughter dressed like some of them. Am I wrong or just old fashioned.

Neither, you have standards. Looking at the photos most of the outfits must have been bought from very niche websites. We have two daughters & neither did festivals because they hate camping, mud & rain!

Neither, you have standards. Looking at the photos most of the outfits must have been bought from very niche websites. We have two daughters & neither did festivals because they hate camping, mud & rain!

I was the only one of my group that refused to go to festivals - like your daughters I can't cope with camping (the mud and rain is okay under some other circumstances).

Must say the thought of being wet and cold in a tent is not my idea of fun. Been in a lodge with a hot tub a couple of times that was fun and it was a lovely warm few days.

I couldn’t agree with you more but I have to confess that I am strangely drawn to those blogs. They are so awful and I look to see if they can sink to an even lower level of ghastliness. If they think that they are impressing their readers I for one am far from impressed. For me their function is to provide some comedic value.

I know what you mean. They are so bad you just have to keep on reading them. I do keep having to close my mouth with my hand though every time it drops when I read them. It's not a good look. :mysmilie_17:

Must say the thought of being wet and cold in a tent is not my idea of fun. Been in a lodge with a hot tub a couple of times that was fun and it was a lovely warm few days.

I love the idea of a lodge with a hot tub... but the reality for me (very OCD) is that I wouldn't use it unless it had been drained and cleaned first :blush:. I understand that this is totally unreasonable, but I keep flashing back to my cousin and her partner who picked up a rash in one (it actually put me off my free trip to America one year as I didn't want to sleep in her sheets! (To be fair, my cousin's idea of housework and cleaning leave a lot to be desired. Her towels are all hung on hooks after use but never dry thoroughly and with three teenage boys in the house all using the same damp towels... :puke:)

She’s just taken great delight in announcing she thinks she’ll order the silver £19.99 star diamondeek necklaces as bridesmaid presents as they are so apt, cause she calls people a star.
Don’t know if I’m being miserable old fart but being together for 40 years is it?? Who’s Julia’s age goes long haul to get married on a beach but has bridesmaids?

I love the idea of a lodge with a hot tub... but the reality for me (very OCD) is that I wouldn't use it unless it had been drained and cleaned first :blush:. I understand that this is totally unreasonable, but I keep flashing back to my cousin and her partner who picked up a rash in one (it actually put me off my free trip to America one year as I didn't want to sleep in her sheets! (To be fair, my cousin's idea of housework and cleaning leave a lot to be desired. Her towels are all hung on hooks after use but never dry thoroughly and with three teenage boys in the house all using the same damp towels... :puke:)

Know what you mean. Our tub was drained and refilled and they came round twice a day to check the water for bacteria etc.

She’s just taken great delight in announcing she thinks she’ll order the silver £19.99 star diamondeek necklaces as bridesmaid presents as they are so apt, cause she calls people a star.
Don’t know if I’m being miserable old fart but being together for 40 years is it?? Who’s Julia’s age goes long haul to get married on a beach but has bridesmaids?

People with big egos that's who!! Apart from being a show off, I personally think she's a cheap skate. With all the money she has you would think she would spend more than £19.99 on her "bridesmaids" I wonder if she is paying their air fare? I heard her on Saturday with Simon during a B & W show state that " I don't get presents anymore" referring to freebies from Simon!? He put her on the spot & asked if she would be buying anything from the show- let's say she was taken aback. I think she was probably hoping for a set of bespoke jewellery from him for her big day!

People with big egos that's who!! Apart from being a show off, I personally think she's a cheap skate. With all the money she has you would think she would spend more than £19.99 on her "bridesmaids" I wonder if she is paying their air fare? I heard her on Saturday with Simon during a B & W show state that " I don't get presents anymore" referring to freebies from Simon!? He put her on the spot & asked if she would be buying anything from the show- let's say she was taken aback. I think she was probably hoping for a set of bespoke jewellery from him for her big day!

Just thought though she won’t be even paying £19.99 cause of staff discount isn’t it a third off?
Funny she’s not frequenting the staff shop, always remember her saying she’d manage to snaffle up think it was the bedding quilt set she was showing. Also how she always used to open up all the L’occitane soaps in the various scents, so they couldn’t be shown on air again.

QVC has become all about “presenters”. It should be renamed SGV after them, SPOILT GREEDY & VAIN.

Latest posts

Back