Julia Robert's Hairline.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Before I begin, I want to apologize for being a little too observant, but I can't help it, and I don't mean to pull Julia down at all, but I've often noticed that you can see, what to my eyesight (and I dye my own hair at home) looks like Julia has coloured her hair at home, and left her hair line lower on her forehead to cover grey (which she MUST have at her age), I mention this because of all the MARVELOUS (not) things there are being pushed about colouring grey between treatments, which I don't think the presenters use at all see because I'm one of life's cynics.

Anyway, when I colour my hair at home I can't help get some of the colour below where it's supposed to go, but I would not go out with it showing - I've noticed this with Julia a lot, at certain times, which I suspect is within 2 or 3 days of her colouring.

Am I alone or have others thought the same thing?

Yes, you are quite right, I have never noticed it myself but now you have pointed it out, I can see exactly what you are getting at, I thought she always went to one of the Aveda salons in London for her cuts and colours, it does look a little odd, I do like Julia but I think her eye make up looks a little too dark and harsh on her now

Before I begin, I want to apologize for being a little too observant, but I can't help it, and I don't mean to pull Julia down at all, but I've often noticed that you can see, what to my eyesight (and I dye my own hair at home) looks like Julia has coloured her hair at home, and left her hair line lower on her forehead to cover grey (which she MUST have at her age), I mention this because of all the MARVELOUS (not) things there are being pushed about colouring grey between treatments, which I don't think the presenters use at all see because I'm one of life's cynics.

Anyway, when I colour my hair at home I can't help get some of the colour below where it's supposed to go, but I would not go out with it showing - I've noticed this with Julia a lot, at certain times, which I suspect is within 2 or 3 days of her colouring.

Yep that looks like hair colour.........my niece is a hairdresser so she is forever doing her own and members of our family here at home and we all get this line of colour but of course we wash it off..........wouldn't dream of going out with it still on!!!

Crikey, I was watching the Biba hour quite happily but now all i'm doing is staring at the hairline! Still, it'll keep me from spending I suppose. :happy:

Mmmmmm just had a look how odd. I think Julia would look much better now with a lighter hair colour.This reminds me of some older ladies in Spain who have always had dark hair & now dye it, you can almost see the dye sitting on top of the hair.

I think Julia looks awful it's her makeup and that obvious hair line at the front. She looks like Morticia from the Adams Family.

I'm wondering if it is just the downy hair around her hairline. The dye has taken there in a way that is not natural most of us (especially if older) have lighter downy hair around the face.

I've seen Julia have 3 or 4 different hair shades over the years, and definitely think she looks better in the middle of the brown range. Currently it is too dark, but too light is just as unflattering.

And after years of tanning, she seems to be avoiding the sun nowadays (medication? Sun damage? No idea) but the paler skin and darker hair is a bit too harsh for her, imho.

I have seen her look her absolute best (again, imho) with mid brown hair, a light tan, and a warmish, darkish coloured outfit (browns, greens, olives). The bright shades are too harsh for her. But then, i think she is a Deep Autumn - and i have always wished she would wear a slightly darker lip colour.

Poor woman. What a dissection. I would just love to style them all!

On the hair front - I get those fine whispy bits, and after finishing the dyeing (I go to a professional, rather than doing it myself) my hairdresser has this dye removal lotion she rubs across the hairline to remove the colour that's attached itself to my skin. I don't know if this wonder-product is available to for the home market - I've never looked tbh. It does seem strange not to rectify this before going on air... let's face it, even without QVC going HD, they zoom in so close a lot of the time, making any imperfection impossible to hide.

On the makeup front - I think unfortunately one of the lessons we all have to learn as we get older is that makeup can't hide all the imperfections... and if we get it wrong it will in fact draw attention to the very things we don't want people looking at. This means it's always good to revisit your makeup and update it (and what fun that can be :mysmilie_59:) to perhaps introduce softer eye lining techniques and eliminate excessive shimmer, as well as making sure there is warmth in the skin tone (it's not just hair that loses pigment as we age) - without looking jaundiced or tangoed.

I'd vote for a non-shimmery bronzer for some warmth, and perhaps lighter colours around the eyes... and there are some excellent facial self-tan products available (as I think Julia really suits her tan, as she's never over baked and really does look after her skin).

it looks like downy hair but generally the overall colour does not look good. its at least two tone's of brown and looks like a bad home colour kit application. i would imagine if you have grey hair it should be toned then a colour applied all over to get a better general colour. not that i am a hair dresser or anything

I saw Julia a day or so ago presenting the WOW root colour POTM and she said she coloured her hair. In fact the WOW guy did her roots on air though there was little regrowth. She said her hair grows very quickly so she has to have hair redone quite frequently. Maybe that explains the odd hairline. I am very fair skinned and have dark hair and have to be very careful when I get my hair coloured. But it's not too difficult to remove the dye from the skin afterwards. My hairdresser uses a special solution for the obvious bits at the salon.

I've bought hair dye wipes in the past to take colour off my forehead and ears when home colouring, Boots and Superdrug used to sell them; just a single wipe in a sachet, not expensive, but now I just used Alpha H Liquid Gold on a cotton pad - works to diminish fake tan mistakes too.

I've bought hair dye wipes in the past to take colour off my forehead and ears when home colouring, Boots and Superdrug used to sell them; just a single wipe in a sachet, not expensive, but now I just used Alpha H Liquid Gold on a cotton pad - works to diminish fake tan mistakes too.

Yes - if you use self-tan on your face, your Alpha-H Liquid Gold will take it off.

I got my hair dyed again today - I was super-conscious of the hairline... I think it's all clear of skin dyed the colour of my hair :mysmilie_50:

I'm glad you all replied to me, because I was becoming neurotic LoL sorry as I like Julia, but regardless of what it is, and my hairdresser when I go, also uses lotion, when I don't go (to save money) I have a card I can use and buy the lotion from the wholesaler in small amounts, I'd never dream of going outside looking as if my colour was on my brow - even if it was wispy hair there which I've never had, you would still not go out, it surprises me with Julia, and I only mentioned it this time because it would have been around 'dying' time last time that I noticed it yet again, and then this week during BIBA.

I also agree that her eye makeup recently is too much.

You're not alone, my nephew (aged 7) just asked me why she had allowed someone to draw on her head when she works on TV... i wouldn't go out of the door looking like that, let alone on live TV... i like julia, she's one of the best, but she needs to get her hair done properly.

Anyone watching the Vitamix hour. The shadow is still there! I'm wondering if it's an effect of the camera lights, I hope it's an effect of the camera lights.

The dress Julia is wearing is horrible, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back