Julian and his Granny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julian is one of my favourite presenters - and as well as Mum & Granny, he also mentions his young nephews quite often :1:

I remember him laughing once that his "white" brothers had got black names and his black sibs and himself had white names!

Julian is my favourite presenter especially when he is on with some of the guests - Richard Jackson springs to mind.

He mentions all of his family a lot. He is always talking of coming down to see his brother who lived in Ross.

I remember watching Julian demonstrate a set of mixer shaker things. He put in the ingrediants like cabbage and oil, it looked vile, he shook it up, he had a mouthful and choked on the taste and I think he spat it out in something. Any other presenter would've swallowed the garbage saying how wonderful it tasted.

It wouldn't be the same without the occasional mention of Granny Burrows ... hope I've spelt it right, I hope Julian is one of those presenters that QVC keeps for a long time

I also think Julian is great - love it when he talks about his gran.

Have the Producers stopped Charlie saying "or flutter by's as my daughter calls them" or Jill Franks with her "hubby/honey" - I think not :28:

When Julian appeared tonight with the bargain hunter I commented that he would not manage to include a mention of his granny in a two minute presentation. Wrong! He seems such a lovely bloke.

He did bring in a picture of his Granny a while back and I do know that she likes to bake cakes on a Wednesday afternoon. I think he should try and get her into the studio! I wonder what the producer would make of that.

I'm sure I've also heard him mention that she's dead!!! I don't think the producer would be very happy if he brought her into the studio. :52:

Yes his Granny has passed but I think it's sweet that he still refers to her so much. They obviously had a strong bond. He's a lovely bloke. :pPC:

Personally I could not give two hoots about his mum and his granny. I find his luvy duvy exchanges with the guests cringe inducing.
Tell us in one sentence, what are we getting for our money and what are we looking at. His stock phrases, so predictable and script like.

They all have stock phrases. As for talking about family, most of them do that too. JR even ropes her kids into the bluddy shows. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I love Jules and the fact that he does mention his family makes me love him more. He seems like a really genuine guy. I agree that presenters need to tell us about products as that is what they're paid for but how many people in office jobs etc have a chat whilst working? We all do it and so do QVC presenters. The difference is they talk to us which I quite enjoy.

I too like the fact that he mentions his mum and gran. I like people that have compassion for their familys like that, and nothing they would not do for each other, which is how it should be support and love. I wish I had a lovely family like he has

Awww. Big hug Dazzler
xx

They all have stock phrases. As for talking about family, most of them do that too. JR even ropes her kids into the bluddy shows. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I'd rather hear about Julian's mum and grannie than Sophie (or whatever it is she's called). I always feel like she's trying to promote her when she waffles on about her.

I had occassion to meet Julian about a month ago. He is the most positive, charasmatic and inspiring person that i have ever met, and i've met many people. And no, i'm not julian incognito lol :1:

Latest posts

Back