Katherine Goldsmith

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still can't watch Ophelia but can watch Annaliese, who I think is now very good. Ophelia has not improved at all imo.
Yes, Annaliese has really come into her own. She speaks nicely, has gotten over herself (if that makes sense), presents well, asks relevant questions and is happy and cheerful, and of course she looks good too. Well done Annaliese!

The
Yes, Annaliese has really come into her own. She speaks nicely, has gotten over herself (if that makes sense), presents well, asks relevant questions and is happy and cheerful, and of course she looks good too. Well done Annaliese!
The key is she has found the right balance of how she sprinkles her personality into presentations. This makes her less robotic and in the main she avoids parroting stock phrases.

I think its more like she's had a good talking to with the threat of being fired if she didn't get her act together, because you don't suddenly have an overnight change of personality without something happening in the background.

The models are also a raggedy taggedy bunch of motleys as well. Most don't know where to put themselves or how to stand. At least with the catwalk there was movement so they could spin around and walk back and forth, but now we just get a statue that grins with an assortment of bad hairstyles and even worse wigs.
With the exception of Jo and Cordelia.

I still can't watch Ophelia but can watch Annaliese, who I think is now very good. Ophelia has not improved at all imo.
I totally agree about both. I'm sad for Ophelia that she is such a fish out of water at Q. Annaliese has calmed down without losing her personality, and asks excellent questions. She's become one of the most watchable presenters.
If Ophelia is moving on, I hope she finds something better suited.
I know presenters will not be universally liked, and most are irritating if you see them too frequently. I'm going to tempt fate and rejoice in not seeing Chloe recently. Kathryn I don't mind, though I didn't miss her while she was off on maternity leave!

I never chanced another view after the licking of the coat and all I can say is that I just don’t understand how she could have improved enough from those days without a personality implant.

Sorry

I never chanced another view after the licking of the coat and all I can say is that I just don’t understand how she could have improved enough from those days without a personality implant.

Sorry
I've seen her quite a few times recently, and she's gone from being completely over the top ie, bouncing around the set like a toddler high on blue smarties, has stopped the me me me routine, has dropped all the "street slang" and now speaks in a much slower, controlled tone, her enunciation has improved beyond recognition. She has managed to do this without losing personality - She comes across now as a friendly, enthusiastic member of the team who is both confident and competent.
So what if she's been "spoken to" - It had to be done, God knows how many complaints they must've received, but they gave her a chance to prove herself, she clearly listened. We now have a pretty decent presenter, and that's great imo. Let's face it, if we all took our "personalities" to work, a lot of us wouldn't be in employment lol!
I've said this before, when it comes to Ophelia, Heaven knows what they can say to her to make her up her game when her "problem" is the complete reverse of what they encountered with Annaleise. She has no discernible personality, the "star struck nervous newbie" routine can only hold for a certain amount of time before you have to find some kind of equilibrium. A dull, but competent presenter is one thing, but a nervous and incompetent one is quite another. Nobody wants to see someone who is clearly out of their depth struggling, tripping over their words, and generally looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights, it makes you cringe. You can almost see the workings of her mind "must say something witty, must think of an anecdote" and by the time she's thought of one, it comes out in an inappropriate place - "Yes, love, we've moved on from that, we're now discussing health and safety"! Like I said before, she needs to go for everybody's sake, especially her own - She can't be enjoying it any more surely?!

Last edited:
Nice to see Katherine back, and hope she takes a few hours off the two new resident Presenters, I can't watch either of them.
Awfelia being one of 'em🙄
The new presenter, Victoria, can join the "shrieking brigade." Dreadful voice. Can you imagine how she'd sound having a heated argument with Miranda?
I thought she would be good but the shrieking is getting worse!

I hate to say this but I think she needs to for her own sake as much as for anybody else's. I liked her at first, I found her nervousness and the fact she was almost pinching herself to believe she'd got her dream job quite endearing. I do not feel like that any more, the excitement she talks about now, are just words coming out of her mouth because she clearly can't think of anything else to say. Nothing she says adds to the presentation, she basically repeats what the brand ambassador is saying, and doesn't seem to ask questions. Apart from reading out the item number and price, she has a repertoire of about 3 phrases "I'm excited about this, "I'm lovin' this" "You're lovin' this". Not only that I've frequently heard her making mistakes on air, giving out the wrong info, calling someone by the wrong name and having to be corrected. She has sloppy diction, comes out with peculiar turns of phrase eg, "touch of glamouresqueness" and despite telling everybody she's excited or super excited even she looks and sounds bored stiff. She's a presentable looking lass with youth on her side so I'm sure she'll find a job that suits her and that she's good at - Shopping telly presenter isn't it. If she goes I won't miss her, having said that good luck to her!
She's a cocky b*@tch I'll tell you that! Doesn't like hearing the truth!

The pasted on grin. Their top teeth get very dry and the top lip starts to stick to them and then rolls under. I know this from experience, having once been a continual smiler. It's difficult to get the top lip back in place when everything is dryed up. One or two models vary their expressions. I don't smile at people as I used to, because the majority of them don't smile back.

Latest posts

Back