Kipling colours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I wont say 'colour blind' as this is a specific complaint. BUT when has the colour MAGNOLIA been a definite shade of deep lilac ? and the description MINT PROOF PRINT when its positively blue and purple ????

These were given in tonight's Kipling show, I just sat with mouth open. Who in God's name comes up with these colour names. It happens on other shows too where the guest is completely baffled by the name on screen, and this only makes them look incompetent.

Manys the time a designer has fumbled with not knowing the colours, which makes me wonder if QVC have a policy of changing the colours from the product remit they are given by the vendors .

I did see Kipling today. Pipa was doing bags. The darker blue bag was called light blue and the lighter bag was called blue.

Huh? Pipa to her credit did say it was mad.

I wont say 'colour blind' as this is a specific complaint. BUT when has the colour MAGNOLIA been a definite shade of deep lilac ? and the description MINT PROOF PRINT when its positively blue and purple ????

These were given in tonight's Kipling show, I just sat with mouth open. Who in God's name comes up with these colour names. It happens on other shows too where the guest is completely baffled by the name on screen, and this only makes them look incompetent.

Manys the time a designer has fumbled with not knowing the colours, which makes me wonder if QVC have a policy of changing the colours from the product remit they are given by the vendors .

For a change QVC have not changed it to call it Magnolia, this was given by Kipling!!! Why they thought it appropriate to call a lilac colour magnolia I don't know!!! :confused:

My first thought was magnolia had been named by a half arsed gardening enthusiast who'd meant wisteria. See I could work for Kipling. My mind clearly works in similar ways.

I'm sure I then heard Pipa call her magnolia (lilac) bag Marigold! I think QVC DO alter the colour names at times as M-F said one bag was called Sheeny Pink Print and then added "but it might be called Sheeny Pink here" - why bother changing them at all, it just seems to create difficulties. I'm doing well - haven't ordered one yet tho been tempted! I like that new Multi Contrast Dot (??!) but it had sold out by the time I tried to order the Alban in that colourway.

My first thought was magnolia had been named by a half arsed gardening enthusiast who'd meant wisteria. See I could work for Kipling. My mind clearly works in similar ways.

oy, don't talk about my best mate Richard Jackson like that !

xx

They're always doing this with makeup too...especially with Smashbox. They would rename products with perfectly normal colour names to 'brown' when they weren't brown in the slightest. Used to make for many confusing conversations as the SB MUA would try and second guess what the heck QVC had done with the names. On a couple of occasions I was put off ordering because of the confusion...

Latest posts

Back